Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

NFL - Dec. 22nd

Old 12-22-02, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Great win for the Raiders. Doesn't get any sweeter than clinching the AFC west with a season sweep of the Broncos.
damn skippy!

woot!!
Old 12-22-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by agrall
I seriously think that Tampa will lose this week against the Steelers and/or next week at the Bears. That should be enough to move the Pack to at least 2nd in the NFC. The Eagles may also have a tough time with the Giants next week...

Pack still need to win though (assuming Tampa wins 1) to get a bye.
Old 12-23-02, 12:47 AM
Banned

Thank you NYG for beating Indy. Raiders WILL clinch home field next week. I will guaranty a victory.
Old 12-23-02, 12:53 AM
Banned

Interesting scenario in the AFC east next week. Fins, Pats, and Jets all need a victory. Fins still lead the division. What if there's a three way tie? It's possible.

W L
Miami 9 6
Jets 8 7
Pats 8 7

Fins @ Pats
Packs @ Jets

Lets assume that Pats and Jets win, all three teams split the season series. Who's gonna go into the playoffs?
Old 12-23-02, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jesus, nothing to say about the Titans?? First to clinch in the conference? Won nine of their last ten? All this talk of any other team in the AFC just makes me laugh.
Old 12-23-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Packers-Jets game should be one hell of a fight. The Jets will be fighting for a playoff spot, and if Philly and TB lose, GB will be fighting for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Old 12-23-02, 08:37 AM
Banned

The Jets are gonna get creamed by the Pack.At least i hope.The Fins have really put themself in a sticky situation after losing to Minnesota.Now we might not even make the playoffs. We must win the game against New England next week and clinch the division.It's gonna be a tough battle.The Pats always show up against us.
Old 12-23-02, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by planetaire
Jesus, nothing to say about the Titans?? First to clinch in the conference? Won nine of their last ten? All this talk of any other team in the AFC just makes me laugh.

Yeah - they are a team to watch. If recent history is any indication, the hottest team in the AFC at the end of the regular season is the one that goes to the Super Bowl. Nobody is hotter than the Titans. Don't forget that this team has significant playoff experience (good and bad). They can do the 2 most important things: run and play defense. Plus they have a QB capable of taking over a game if need be. They also have a great homefield advantage. They get HFA throughout with a win and Oakland loss.

Don't know why talking about Oakland over Tennessee makes you laugh. Oakland has the inside track for the #1 seed. Oakland has played a tougher schedule.

I really think Oakland and Tennessee have separated themselves from the pack in the AFC and one of these two will be the AFC rep. Hopefully, these 2 will meet in the title game.
Old 12-23-02, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by k-qwick
The Jets are gonna get creamed by the Pack.At least i hope.The Fins have really put themself in a sticky situation after losing to Minnesota.Now we might not even make the playoffs. We must win the game against New England next week and clinch the division.It's gonna be a tough battle.The Pats always show up against us.

Jets will not get creamed by the Pack. The Pack are rather mediocre when they go on the road, especially against decent competition. I would not be surprised if the Jets are favored over the Pack.
Old 12-23-02, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Red Dog
Jets will not get creamed by the Pack. The Pack are rather mediocre when they go on the road, especially against decent competition. I would not be surprised if the Jets are favored over the Pack.
THE PACK MUST WIN! WIN I SAY!

For the Fins sake
Old 12-23-02, 09:34 AM

Just like the Pack struggled against the Patriots and against the 49ers?
Old 12-23-02, 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally posted by agrall
Just like the Pack struggled against the Patriots and against the 49ers?
The Jets are fighting for their season in this game, unlike the Pats and 49ers. Honestly, I don't consider 49ers and Pats a "team to beat" in order to measure one's success. The 49ers lost it when Seifert left. I would put my money on the Jets on this game. My advice for the Packs is to play it safe and hope no major player goes down before the playoffs. Look for the Packs going to a more "conservative" mode.

Last edited by Myster X; 12-23-02 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-23-02, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Okay - I was a tad off. GB has opened as a 1 pt favorite at the Jets.
Old 12-23-02, 11:41 AM
Banned

Okay - I was a tad off. GB has opened as a 1 pt favorite at the Jets.
You know, that spread will swing by mid-week or game time.
Old 12-23-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by mysterX
You know, that spread will swing by mid-week or game time.

This is one of those weird Vegas weeks with Christmas and all. I doubt that you will see a lot of volatility in the lines - at least early on. Now if people get in early for New Years, you might see a lot of movement on Saturday. Of course, with NY teams, you always see that NY money move lines on big weekends, so you could be right - there might be enough to make this a pick'em by game time.
Old 12-23-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, no playoff impact from my team the Redskins, but our QB of the future, Patrick Ramsey looked good again. Calm & strong armed. I wish he would learn how to avoid the rush a little better as I fear he will get killed one day taking so many shots. Here's hoping the ballcoach has the sense to stick with this guy.

Last edited by Deadpool; 12-23-02 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-23-02, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Deadpool
Well, no playoff impact from my team the Redskins, but our QB of the future, Patrick Ramsey looked good again. Calm & strong armed. I wish he would learn how to avoid the rush a little better as I fear he will get killed one day taking so many shots. Here's hoping the ballcoach has the sense to stick with this guy.

Just when I pegged Spurrier as an idiot, he goes and runs the ball over 40 times.

Watch next week - we will probably see 15 running plays.

Next week is essentially a free shot for the Skins vs the Cowboys and a lame duck coach. A good opportunity to break the hex.
Old 12-23-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I almost wore my Packers shirt to work, that would have been funny since I work in Buffalo
Old 12-23-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't know why talking about Oakland over Tennessee makes you laugh.
Aww, just trying to get a rise out of the Raider fans. I didn't forget Oakland stomped the Titans this season, but that was a completely different Tennessee team. What's up with the Titans Pro Bowl snub, anyway? At the very least, McNair should be there.
Old 12-24-02, 11:25 AM
Banned

Heh! It seems like the Jets are going to be the favorite.

GB -1
NYJ pick -1.5 -1.5 -1.5 -1.5
Over/Under: 40 40 40.5 40.5 40.5