Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Official DVDTalk Small League Thread CXXXIIII

Old 12-22-02, 03:15 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: West Coast of Canada
Posts: 4,437
Originally posted by McHawkson
You mean "Dackinns"?
Oops, sorry about that....I must been watc.....naw, too easy.....
solipsta is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 03:30 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
namrfumot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,409
I keep trying to start DT today, but afetr it starts to load for a couple seconds it says it cant find TRAINERAPP.

If I can't get it to work in the next few minutes, could someone train my team today in the power cage? I'll e-mail you my password...
namrfumot is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 04:46 PM
  #53  
Moderator
 
DarkElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 18,277
Originally posted by namrufmot
I keep trying to start DT today, but afetr it starts to load for a couple seconds it says it cant find TRAINERAPP.

If I can't get it to work in the next few minutes, could someone train my team today in the power cage? I'll e-mail you my password...
How's it going? Still need help?
DarkElf is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 05:01 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Number Nine Ville
Posts: 7,103
btw, I think it was wherebedo, GO ILLINI (if it wasnt you, sorry and still GO ILLINI!!!)
IdgIe49 is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 05:56 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
namrfumot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,409
thanks elf..it FINALLY worked....everytime i started it up it would start to load DT, then an error window would pop up saying it couldnt find TRAINERAPP...

my benchies burnt like 1/2 hour worth of pie
namrfumot is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 05:59 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: St. Louis (user formerly known as wheredebo)
Posts: 1,503
Originally posted by IdgIe49
btw, I think it was wherebedo, GO ILLINI (if it wasnt you, sorry and still GO ILLINI!!!)
yeah, that was me
where is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:30 PM
  #57  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Number Nine Ville
Posts: 7,103
oops, sorry, I spelled your nick wrong
IdgIe49 is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:35 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Originally posted by IdgIe49
oops, sorry, I spelled your nick wrong
You were watching TV, right?
McHawkson is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:41 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
namrfumot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,409
3 GF1 88396 Good Fellas (DTSL) 9.7
4 BB 129893 Borst's Bombers (DTSL) 9.7
6 dvd 85274 DTSL all stars (DTSL) 9.5
7 AYN 90389 RainCity Objectivists (DTSL) 9.5
9 RTZ 90823 Ritzkrieg (DTSL) 9.4
10 GOP 94123 Pharoh's Ballers (DTSL) 9.4
11 bal 115374 Pharoh's Farm Team (DTSL) 9.4
22 ORE 82821 Oregon Duques (DTSL) 9.3
23 boc 84815 Thunderchickens (DTSL) 9.3
24 WHO 84947 WHO's ZOO (DTSL) 9.3
25 HTQ 104909 HTQ (DTSL) 9.3
33 GIR 107166 The Invaders (DTSL) (Damage) 9.2
39 WDR 85077 WooDy's Round-up (DTSL) 9.1
40 KEC 86066 Kevin's Contractors (DTSL) 9.1
41 )-( 109594 Hi-Ho!! (DTSL) 9.1
43 RIG 133354 Rhode Island Generals (DTSL) 9.1
51 DOP 84522 Doppelgangers (DTSL) 8.9
52 HBP 85102 Harrisburg Pirates (DTSL) 8.9
68 *X* 84346 The Chakram (DTSL) 8.7
91 FTS 84509 Fleegs T-Storms (DTSL) 8.1
95 JMC 101104 Johnsonville MudCats (DTSL) 8.1


22 our of the top 100 in HR are from DTSL! how awesome is that?

yer all a bunch of filthy whores
namrfumot is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:42 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 10,495
I prefer the term 'dirty'
Copenhagen is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:48 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Originally posted by namrufmot
3 GF1 88396 Good Fellas (DTSL) 9.7
4 BB 129893 Borst's Bombers (DTSL) 9.7
6 dvd 85274 DTSL all stars (DTSL) 9.5
7 AYN 90389 RainCity Objectivists (DTSL) 9.5
9 RTZ 90823 Ritzkrieg (DTSL) 9.4
10 GOP 94123 Pharoh's Ballers (DTSL) 9.4
11 bal 115374 Pharoh's Farm Team (DTSL) 9.4
22 ORE 82821 Oregon Duques (DTSL) 9.3
23 boc 84815 Thunderchickens (DTSL) 9.3
24 WHO 84947 WHO's ZOO (DTSL) 9.3
25 HTQ 104909 HTQ (DTSL) 9.3
33 GIR 107166 The Invaders (DTSL) (Damage) 9.2
39 WDR 85077 WooDy's Round-up (DTSL) 9.1
40 KEC 86066 Kevin's Contractors (DTSL) 9.1
41 )-( 109594 Hi-Ho!! (DTSL) 9.1
43 RIG 133354 Rhode Island Generals (DTSL) 9.1
51 DOP 84522 Doppelgangers (DTSL) 8.9
52 HBP 85102 Harrisburg Pirates (DTSL) 8.9
68 *X* 84346 The Chakram (DTSL) 8.7
91 FTS 84509 Fleegs T-Storms (DTSL) 8.1
95 JMC 101104 Johnsonville MudCats (DTSL) 8.1


22 our of the top 100 in HR are from DTSL! how awesome is that?

yer all a bunch of filthy whores
You forgot Alphabets, they're 8.3.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:50 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: St. Louis (user formerly known as wheredebo)
Posts: 1,503
73 StL 141925 Do You Bleed Blue ? 8.6 .292 12 29 *******
one more from the HR list (my scrub team)
where is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:54 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Interesting, I just checked the top Honor Rating and Alphabets aren't on the list.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:57 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 10,495
Originally posted by McHawkson
Interesting, I just checked the top Honor Rating and Alphabets aren't on the list.
Have they initiated 10 games?
Copenhagen is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 06:58 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Originally posted by Copenhagen
Have they initiated 10 games?
Nope. Maybe that explained it. Damn TV....
McHawkson is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 07:07 PM
  #66  
Moderator
 
DarkElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 18,277
Yeah, I'd be in the Top 5 if I bothered to initiate 10 games. All I initiate these days are DTSL/Pro/User league games...
DarkElf is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 07:14 PM
  #67  
Moderator
 
DarkElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 18,277
Hey, in SB Soccer, what exactly is Driving Skill, and what positions should have a good Driving Skill? Is Driving Skill just being able to run downfield with the ball? Sounds like something the midfield and guys on the outside need. Yes? No?
DarkElf is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 07:26 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Originally posted by DarkElf
Hey, in SB Soccer, what exactly is Driving Skill, and what positions should have a good Driving Skill? Is Driving Skill just being able to run downfield with the ball? Sounds like something the midfield and guys on the outside need. Yes? No?
DMV.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 08:23 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: West Coast of Canada
Posts: 4,437
QT redux:

http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpB...?p=21057#21057
solipsta is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 09:10 PM
  #70  
Moderator
 
DarkElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 18,277
Sol, I read that thread, but I swear, people are so incapable of writing a coherent and organized post, I couldn't understand half of what was written. What a disgrace.

Commish refused to address the fact that QT, without a shadow of a doubt, takes you beyond the "DT max". Nor will he admit that maybe QTs generate more skill gains than DT. Trying to get him to address the real issues, and have an open mind about the unfairness of QT is a waste of time.

I've pretty much stopped using DT on my Destroyers team b/c it's become so obvious to me that the QT gains are better across the board.

This is probably why I'm becoming more focused on SB soccer than baseball. It's not tarnished by the QT/FPS cheats (yet).
DarkElf is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 09:48 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: West Coast of Canada
Posts: 4,437
I'm actually quite disappointed with commish. He's been shown that QT gains more and he's still trying to weasel out of it with silly excuses. Yeah, like a person would get 240 gains with DT and then the skill loss would be so great that you would get a 355 gain with a QT.

Oh well. I'm still happy with baseball, but maybe that's only because I can't get soccer to work properly on my computer....
solipsta is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 09:54 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
What if he's telling the truth?

I have experiment on my new team, I train only on 48 hours pie using the DT only:

Running: 1st training: 483.01, 2nd training: 334.03

Throwing: 1st training: 400.02, 2nd training: 247.02

I don't see any difference between QT and DT.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 10:08 PM
  #73  
Moderator
 
DarkElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 18,277
Exactly right, sol. Your example was pretty clear to me, but he simply refuses to accept it. As an ex-programmer, it seems to me like he's being the stubbogn programmer who insists his code is right and that it can't possibly have any bugs or unintended results.

To me, the bottom line is, those who have done detailed and careful experiments know what QT does. It gives better gains than DT, AND, it allow you to exceed the DT max. Anyone who tries to dispute this does so without any real evidence, just a lot of hot air.

Last edited by DarkElf; 12-22-02 at 10:18 PM.
DarkElf is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 10:14 PM
  #74  
Moderator
 
DarkElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 18,277
Originally posted by McHawkson
What if he's telling the truth?

I have experiment on my new team, I train only on 48 hours pie using the DT only:

Running: 1st training: 483.01, 2nd training: 334.03

Throwing: 1st training: 400.02, 2nd training: 247.02

I don't see any difference between QT and DT.
Uhm, all your data in this example is for DT gains. You didn't use QT on them to compare, yet you make an assertion about QT and DT being the same. -hscratch- How is this in any way a valid experiment???
DarkElf is offline  
Old 12-22-02, 10:16 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,163
Originally posted by DarkElf
Exactly right, sol. Your example was pretty clear to me, but he simply refuses to accept it. As an ex-programmer, it seems like the programmer is stubbornly insisting that his code is right and that it can't possibly have any bugs or unintended results.

To me, the bottom line is, those who have done detailed and careful experiments know what QT does. It gives better gains than DT, AND, it allow you to exceed the DT max. Anyone who tries to dispute this does so without any real evidence, just a lot of hot air.
i agree with you dark but the commish did say this in that thread.

2. also there MAY be an accuracy problem in adding up the gain numbers for the DT report. when you train with the DT the gains are reported back as whole numbers so 1.5 would be reported as 1. the way the DT works is that every 30 seconds the signals are sent and then the gains are reported. over a long session the report values can be less because each set of gains could be rounded DOWN every 30 seconds. That would add up to a significant difference. The QT training session WOULD report more accurately because it would only round down ONCE. But that is just my theory right now.
whotony is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.