Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Official DVDTALK Smallball League Thread CXXXIII

Old 12-20-02, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As right now, we're even with CoC. Our Pumpkin won and The New Who's Zoo has lost.
Old 12-20-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well im gonna lose today too, so there, someone win
Old 12-20-02, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by IdgIe49
well im gonna lose today too, so there, someone win
your scrub team is playing too???

Old 12-20-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

heh tell me about it. 4 losses off the bat!!!
Old 12-20-02, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Friends, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen seasons and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from your teams. Look at these small men. Which of you wouldnít consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure Iím lucky. Who wouldnít consider it an honor to have known all of Idgie's team names? Also, the builder of baseballís greatest league, Dancinns? To have spent six months with that wonderful little fellow, Twikoff? Then to have spent the next nine seasons with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager in baseball today, Darkelf? Sure Iím lucky.

In closing, we have know all along my days have been numbered. After the proliferation of juice in the league, I can no longer compete. Therefore, WooDy's Round-up will be riding of into the sunset one last time. The fun is gone. This game is now a chore. The 2 week breaks ruin it for me, as the only thing that kept me motivated was the league. Thank you all, and see you around the farm!

P.S. Hey Thor
Spoiler:
I hate this game!

Old 12-20-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no Woody dont go Who else am I gonna talk to? Woodrow? Woody? Woody Woodpecker? Woody go all gone? Jon? My team sucks too. And I dont like the breaks either, but thats why I joined a user league. Did you join a user league? Well, Im sad youre going. Hope you decide to come back.
Old 12-20-02, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to see you go Jon
Old 12-20-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IdgIe49
no Woody dont go Who else am I gonna talk to? Woodrow? Woody? Woody Woodpecker? Woody go all gone? Jon? My team sucks too. And I dont like the breaks either, but thats why I joined a user league. Did you join a user league? Well, Im sad youre going. Hope you decide to come back.
Your right about the user league IdgIe. I was getting the same feeling that Jon has last season then I got into a user league and I seemed to have refreshed my interest in the game, not to mention the various tournaments that one can be apart of. It's like a relationship you gotta keep it fresh to keep it interesting.
Old 12-20-02, 12:53 PM

HEY DARKELF, HOWS IT GOING....HAD ALOT TO DO OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS.....LOTS OF TRAINING AND PRO LEAGUE GAMES.....NEED TO BUY SOME MORE TICKETS FOR MY TEAM TO GO UP AGAINST THE LIKE OF YOU AND OTHER 9* TEAMS. SO FAR I'M STILL A 8*.....

CAN YOU ALSO GIVE ME AN UPDATE ON HOW I CAN GET INTO YOUR LEAGUE. MY TEAMS WANTS TO BELONG TO A FUN CLAN......

I WILL TRY TO BE ON TONIGHT..BUT I HAVE XMAS SHOPPING FOR THE KIDS TONIGHT.........MAYBE LATER ON TONIGHT AROUND 10:00-11:00...

CATCH YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE.....
Old 12-20-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

someone really needs to help nyhitman find the caps lock button!
Old 12-20-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

solipsta, dont suppose you know why my scrubs' team doesnt have their user league schedule appear on their page, though it does appear in the pro league button page???

oh, and twikoff, my scrubs only lost to CoC by 0-1 Thats not so bad.
Old 12-20-02, 12:59 PM

And I thought Idgie's typing terets was bad
Old 12-20-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by NYHITMAN23

CAN YOU ALSO GIVE ME AN UPDATE ON HOW I CAN GET INTO YOUR LEAGUE. MY TEAMS WANTS TO BELONG TO A FUN CLAN......
[Yelling]FIRST, YOU NEED TO DEFINE "ANAMORPHIC" AND DESCRIBE WHY BB OR BBV IS SUCK... [/Yelling]
Old 12-20-02, 01:08 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Sigh... add another win for the COC group... My team loses to the Sopranos....

And I'm losing pro games left and right.

maybe my lineup and position changes weren't such a good idea.
Old 12-20-02, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by NYHITMAN23
HEY DARKELF, HOWS IT GOING....HAD ALOT TO DO OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS.....LOTS OF TRAINING AND PRO LEAGUE GAMES.....NEED TO BUY SOME MORE TICKETS FOR MY TEAM TO GO UP AGAINST THE LIKE OF YOU AND OTHER 9* TEAMS. SO FAR I'M STILL A 8*.....

I WILL TRY TO BE ON TONIGHT..BUT I HAVE XMAS SHOPPING FOR THE KIDS TONIGHT.........MAYBE LATER ON TONIGHT AROUND 10:00-11:00...

CATCH YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE.....
Hey, while you're out shopping, buy a keyboard with a working caps lock key. (seriously, all caps is not standard online etiquette...)

We're currently taking a 2 week break for the holidays. The next season begins, oh geez, ..............

[tangent] did anyone realize we kick back up again on New Years' Eve? We might have to delay things a day or two. Or perhaps give people a few extra days to play their league games, which is my preference...[/tangent]

Anyway, Mike, at that time, we'll have to assess who's still in, who has left our league and determine if we have any available spots in the league. We also have a Triple-A division which acts as a "waiting list", and you might end up there for a season to get a feel for how the league works.

But all this is up to our league commish, Dancinns. He makes all final decisions.
Old 12-20-02, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by jon-w9
[Yelling]FIRST, YOU NEED TO DEFINE "ANAMORPHIC" AND DESCRIBE WHY BB OR BBV IS SUCK... [/Yelling]
(reduced to protect our hearing)

I'm not sure _I_ know what BB or BBV is. I assume one is BlockBuster, what's the other? BlockBuster Video?

Just wondering... Can Solipsta or Mater define anamorphic?
Old 12-20-02, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk God

well.. my team is definitly not playing all that well, thanks to the lack of quality training over the past week

but they were good enough to win their coc game today

BIG 12/20/02 Adorable Pound Puppies -(COC) 21679 PuP 9:5 W
Old 12-20-02, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Vryce
Sigh... add another win for the COC group... My team loses to the Sopranos....

And I'm losing pro games left and right.

maybe my lineup and position changes weren't such a good idea.
I had a feeling you did something. You've been down to 8* for at least the past few days.

Originally posted by twikoff
well.. my team is definitly not playing all that well, thanks to the lack of quality training over the past week

but they were good enough to win their coc game today
Nice! I told you you'd win.

Really, our goal is to 10-10 or maybe 11-9 today. They have every advantage today, but we have the advantage tomorrow when games are played on OUR terms.

So what's the status? CoC 3, DTSL 2?

Last edited by DarkElf; 12-20-02 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-20-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DarkElf
(reduced to protect our hearing)

I'm not sure _I_ know what BB or BBV is. I assume one is BlockBuster, what's the other? BlockBuster Video?

Just wondering... Can Solipsta or Mater define anamorphic?

[Jumps on Paper Street Soapbox]

Typically BB is Best Buy, although depending on context can be used to represent BlockBuster

BBV is the accepted representation of BlockBuster Video, as not to be confused with BB (see above)

BTW, Darkelf said ASSES's

[Falls of box]
Old 12-20-02, 01:19 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I had a feeling you did something. You've been down to 8* for at least the past few days.
Actually.. I did the batting order and position changes just last night... All 9 of my startes are still in, I didn't move in any benchies.

I think I've been neglecting some skills.. Plus the fact that I let my team go 60 hours with no training one day last week definetly hurt them.

I'm fighting to maintain my 9*.. I seem to hold it for a day or 2 now and then back to 8*...
Old 12-20-02, 01:21 PM

Actually, I see that Borst kicked butt with a 10-3 victory over Ladies of the Night, so I think the tourney is all tied up at 3.
Old 12-20-02, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by jon-w9
[Jumps on Paper Street Soapbox]

Typically BB is Best Buy, although depending on context can be used to represent BlockBuster

BBV is the accepted representation of BlockBuster Video, as not to be confused with BB (see above)

BTW, Darkelf said ASSES's

[Falls of box]
Ah, of course, Best Buy. Yeah, BB definitely is suckekeke. I can't stand that place.

Shows you how often I frequent the actual DVD forums these days... It's all I can do to keep up with SmallBall, the Sports Forum, and Otter.

But, I _like_ BBV b/c I've gotten to know all the employees at my local store, and I have the Rewards system down to a science. They see me walk in and ask what I plan to get for free today.
Old 12-20-02, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Vryce
Actually.. I did the batting order and position changes just last night... All 9 of my startes are still in, I didn't move in any benchies.

I think I've been neglecting some skills.. Plus the fact that I let my team go 60 hours with no training one day last week definetly hurt them.
60 hours? Ouch. That'll do it.

Isn't it amazing how much damage something like this can do to your team?
Old 12-20-02, 02:04 PM

Certified Mental Freaks (CoC) 6
Rounders (DTSL) 3

CoC 4
DTSL 3
Old 12-20-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Certified Mental Freaks (CoC) 6
Rounders (DTSL) 3

CoC 4
DTSL 3
yeah they got me before I trained, was on like 55 hours of no training cause was waiting for free DT friday and didnt have time to get to it til just now, training now and against at midnight so should give a better effort in tomorrows game I start

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.