Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related
View Poll Results: Which team will have NFC home-field advantage?
Green Bay Packers
23.53%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
11.76%
Philadelphia Eagles
55.88%
My team's in the AFC, and couldN'T care less
8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Which team will have NFC home field advantage?

Old 12-19-02, 05:14 AM

Which team will have NFC home field advantage?

Here's hoping that the Eagles and Bucs each drop a game this weekend or next, so that the Pack can play in Lambeau throughout the playoffs.

I think the Steelers have a realistic chance of taking the Bucs with Maddox healthy. The Cowboys taking the Eagles? Not as comfortable. The final weekend though I'd say that the Eagles will be in trouble in NY against the Giants. Let's go Steelers and Giants!
Old 12-19-02, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd say the Eagles...they've been on a roll without McNabb and I just don't see the them having a hard time against the Cowboys or Giants to close out the season.
Old 12-19-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Eagles.
Old 12-19-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk God

I really think the Eagles are in the driver's seat because they own all the tiebreakers. I think the Eagles will drop to Dallas or NY but I think TB will freeze and choke when they visit the Bears on that final Sunday night. GB will not sweep Buffalo and the Jets.
Old 12-19-02, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although the Eagles will have it going into the playoffs, I think the Packers will have it for the NFC Championship. I don't see the Eagles winning a game in the post season.
Old 12-19-02, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by bishop2knight
Although the Eagles will have it going into the playoffs, I think the Packers will have it for the NFC Championship. I don't see the Eagles winning a game in the post season.

Doubtful. History is on the side of NFC #1 seeds. The last time a NFC #1 seed did not win a playoff game was 15 years ago. The Vet is a tremendous home field advantage, especially considering that Eagles (if #1 seed) are likely to draw SF or a dome team there in the 2nd round.
Old 12-19-02, 11:30 AM
Banned

The Bucs, since the remaining schedule favors them.

Bucs
Pittsburgh
@Chicago

Packs
Buffalo
@NYJ

Eagles
@Dallas
@NYG
Old 12-19-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mysterX
The Bucs, since the remaining schedule favors them.

Bucs
Pittsburgh
@Chicago
how so?

The game against the Bears will be a cold weather game, and the Bucs do not do all that well in cold weather. If they are going to trip up, it will be during that game.
Old 12-19-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the Bears can play the way they did last week versus the Jets, and the Eagles can hold off the Giants, I say Eagles. I would love to see the Steelers beat the Bucs this week, but I'm not confident they can on the road against the Bucs who are hot right now.
Old 12-19-02, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

I hate to say it but the Eagles are in good shape either way - I think they are the only team in the NFC that is capable of winning a road game in the NFC title game, at either Bay.
Old 12-19-02, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Iron Chef
how so?

The game against the Bears will be a cold weather game, and the Bucs do not do all that well in cold weather. If they are going to trip up, it will be during that game.
True they're not cold weather team. They will break rank this year according to my gut feelings. If you're gonna measure the degree of difficulty between the three teams last remaining game, it's clear that the Bucs have the advantage.
Old 12-19-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by mysterX
True they're not cold weather team. They will break rank this year according to my gut feelings. If you're gonna measure the degree of difficulty between the three teams last remaining game, it's clear that the Bucs have the advantage.

Not so sure - opp winning pct wise - I can see how you draw that conclusion. However, when you factor in the getting-the-monkey-off-back factor (more like a 500 lbs gorilla) for the Bucs, I think the Bucs have the harder road to HFA.

Regardless, I hope that the Bucs Week 17 night contest vs Chicago means something - either they need it for HFA or for a bye. It will be fun seeing them try to exorcise their frozen demons.

Personally, I think all 3 split their 2 remaining games and all finish 12-4.

Last edited by Red Dog; 12-19-02 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-19-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Eagles, and my feeling is that they will play the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.
Old 12-19-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

San Francisco.

No other team matters.
Old 12-19-02, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If the Bucs don't break their cold-weather losing streak this season, then I think it's time to build a huge-ass freezer for them to practice in.

That said, I think they'll finally break it this year cause otherwise Iron Chef will never let us hear the end of it.
Old 12-19-02, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by John Sy
San Francisco.

No other team matters.
Go Niners!!! I concur.
Old 12-19-02, 05:16 PM

I just want someone other than the Packers to have it. Just want to see if they can win games with out homefield advantage, but doubt it.
Old 12-19-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would say the Eagles. They continue to win without McNabb. Plus they play the Cowboys and Giants, two offenses that don't put up a lot of points. A defensive contest favors the Eagles. The Eagles were my pick in the preseason to make the Super Bowl and I will stick with them.
Old 12-20-02, 11:09 AM

Eagles all the way baby - DAMN IT FEELS GOOD WHEN YOUR FAVORITE TEAM IS THE BEST IN THE NFL!! Eagles will win out, have home field, then invite the other NFC creeps into the Vet the get clobbered!

I am, however, worried about the Super Bowl. My team is 10-0 against NFC teams this year, but only 1-3 agains AFC teams, with the one win coming against the lowly Texans. Doesn't look good there, WOOHOO! Eagles are Super Bowl bound!
Old 12-20-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bluntman72
I just want someone other than the Packers to have it. Just want to see if they can win games with out homefield advantage, but doubt it.
They did beat the niners at San Francisco in 1998 to go to the Super Bowl. However, you are right, they(Favre especially) have played some horrible games at Dallas in the past and last year at St Louis was a nightmare. So as miuch as I hate to say it I don't think Green Bay could beat Philadelphia or Tampa at their place.
Old 12-20-02, 11:12 PM

San Francisco.

No other team matters.
Niners just have to hope that they get the Eagles after McNabb gets back. They didn't quite do too well against Koy or AJ.
Old 12-21-02, 12:48 AM
Banned

San Francisco.

No other team matters.
As a long time San Franciscan, I like to see it happen, but it's not happening. Also, I don't see the need for Maruicci to return. Damn it! They should kept Seifert.
Old 12-21-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eagles!
Old 12-21-02, 05:00 PM
Stealth Moderator

As a Bears fan, I should say the Eagles since:

(1) I don't want our rival Packers to have the #1 seed.
(2) I'm confident that the Bears will beat the Bucs.

But ... probably the Packers. Like many said, the Packers almost NEED the home field advantage to win in the playoffs (more motivation).
Old 12-21-02, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Eagles..I'm biased, but I think every factor favors them.

TB has the worst schedule of the 3, with games against the Steelers and in Chicago. The Pack have two tough games against the Bills and in NY for the Jets. The teams aren't too familiar with each other and anything could happen. The Eagles, conversely, have 2 division rivals that they have dominated in recent years.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.