Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Brag: Going to Lambeau this weekend

Old 12-17-02, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Brag: Going to Lambeau this weekend

For my 30th birthday, my wife got us tickets to this weekend's game vs Buffalo. The package includes hotel stay and tailgate at Favre's restaurant Sun in addition to the tickets to the game.

Looks like it will be nice and cold. 25 degrees with flurries. That's football weather!!

We went a few years ago and ended up meeting Darren Sharper at the hotel. He was there with his family, since GB was playing Baltimore and his brother (Jamie) played for the Ravens at that time. Maybe this time we'll bump into Brett, Green or KGB :-)
Old 12-17-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have fun.

The last time I went to a game at Lambeau was on Christmas Eve in 2000 with agrall and his wife. The air temp was about 5 deg F with a wind chill of around -25 deg F. The Packers offensive and defensive lines came out on to the field wearing short sleeve shirts. The Packers beat the Bucs 17 to 14 that day.
Old 12-17-02, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go Bills!

or

Brag: Not going to Lambeau this weekend.

That's all.
Old 12-17-02, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's going to be a long ride back ... in more ways than one.
Old 12-17-02, 05:15 PM
Mod Emeritus

Be sure and bring along the traditional garb for Lambeau: blaze orange deer hunting outfit.
Old 12-18-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm... I should brag more about the sporting events I go to every year....

World Series games, NCAA Tournaments, cross-country road trips to follow Cal football...

Not to mention the 60+ baseball games I go to every summer at Pac Bell Park, every Cal football home game, about 90% of Cal home basketball games, about 15 Warriors games a year, and an ocassional Sharks/49ers game.

Damn, now that I think about it, I spend way too much money on sports.
Old 12-18-02, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Be sure and bring along the traditional garb for Lambeau: blaze orange deer hunting outfit.
Yeah, that drives me crazy. Are they going hunting right after the game, or something? If so, couldn't they still put that on in the car (excuse me, pickup)? Although I may stick out like a sore thumb (actually I hate that phrase...), I think I'll wear green and gold.

As for the brag, I believe Lambeau is a pretty special place. I have season Buckeyes tickets, and I consider going to this game at Lambeau more special than any home Buckeyes game this season (yes, even Michigan). I realize not everyone feels this way about it, that's why I put "brag" in the subject. If you don't care, don't read.
Old 12-18-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How did you get tickets? I'm thinking of finding a way to a game next year but have no idea how to get tickets without hitting ebay.
Old 12-18-02, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by bishop2knight
How did you get tickets? I'm thinking of finding a way to a game next year but have no idea how to get tickets without hitting ebay.
Since we are coming from pretty far away (Columbus, OH), we went with one of the over-priced package deals that includes tickets, hotel and tailgate from Event USA. Prices vary by game, but it was about $275 per person. The price is why we only go every few years...
Old 12-18-02, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by bralph
Since we are coming from pretty far away (Columbus, OH), we went with one of the over-priced package deals that includes tickets, hotel and tailgate from Event USA. Prices vary by game, but it was about $275 per person. The price is why we only go every few years...
That sounds like an ok deal for a great weekend. Have fun.