DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   Brag: Going to Lambeau this weekend (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/258182-brag-going-lambeau-weekend.html)

bralph 12-17-02 02:23 PM

Brag: Going to Lambeau this weekend

For my 30th birthday, my wife got us tickets to this weekend's game vs Buffalo. The package includes hotel stay and tailgate at Favre's restaurant Sun in addition to the tickets to the game.

Looks like it will be nice and cold. 25 degrees with flurries. That's football weather!!

We went a few years ago and ended up meeting Darren Sharper at the hotel. He was there with his family, since GB was playing Baltimore and his brother (Jamie) played for the Ravens at that time. Maybe this time we'll bump into Brett, Green or KGB :-)

Iron Chef 12-17-02 02:38 PM

Have fun.

The last time I went to a game at Lambeau was on Christmas Eve in 2000 with agrall and his wife. The air temp was about 5 deg F with a wind chill of around -25 deg F. The Packers offensive and defensive lines came out on to the field wearing short sleeve shirts. The Packers beat the Bucs 17 to 14 that day.

leepyswetr 12-17-02 03:58 PM

Go Bills!

or

Brag: Not going to Lambeau this weekend.

That's all. :crap:

ChiTownAbs, Inc 12-17-02 04:04 PM

It's going to be a long ride back ... in more ways than one. ;)

Gallant Pig 12-17-02 04:15 PM

Be sure and bring along the traditional garb for Lambeau: blaze orange deer hunting outfit.

mnguye10 12-17-02 11:29 PM

Hmm... I should brag more about the sporting events I go to every year.... :)

World Series games, NCAA Tournaments, cross-country road trips to follow Cal football...

Not to mention the 60+ baseball games I go to every summer at Pac Bell Park, every Cal football home game, about 90% of Cal home basketball games, about 15 Warriors games a year, and an ocassional Sharks/49ers game.

Damn, now that I think about it, I spend way too much money on sports.

bralph 12-18-02 07:11 AM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Be sure and bring along the traditional garb for Lambeau: blaze orange deer hunting outfit.
Yeah, that drives me crazy. Are they going hunting right after the game, or something? If so, couldn't they still put that on in the car (excuse me, pickup)? Although I may stick out like a sore thumb (actually I hate that phrase...), I think I'll wear green and gold.

As for the brag, I believe Lambeau is a pretty special place. I have season Buckeyes tickets, and I consider going to this game at Lambeau more special than any home Buckeyes game this season (yes, even Michigan). I realize not everyone feels this way about it, that's why I put "brag" in the subject. If you don't care, don't read.

bishop2knight 12-18-02 09:02 AM

How did you get tickets? I'm thinking of finding a way to a game next year but have no idea how to get tickets without hitting ebay.

bralph 12-18-02 12:21 PM

Originally posted by bishop2knight
How did you get tickets? I'm thinking of finding a way to a game next year but have no idea how to get tickets without hitting ebay.
Since we are coming from pretty far away (Columbus, OH), we went with one of the over-priced package deals that includes tickets, hotel and tailgate from Event USA. Prices vary by game, but it was about $275 per person. The price is why we only go every few years...

SpaceBoy 12-18-02 12:34 PM

Originally posted by bralph
Since we are coming from pretty far away (Columbus, OH), we went with one of the over-priced package deals that includes tickets, hotel and tailgate from Event USA. Prices vary by game, but it was about $275 per person. The price is why we only go every few years...
That sounds like an ok deal for a great weekend. Have fun.