Reload this Page >

Official DVDTalk Smallball League Thread pt. CXXXII

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 12-17-02, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 15
Playoffs and BOTR XII are still going on!!!

Previous Thread

Premiership
First Division
Second Division
Third Division
Triple A Division

League Page Forum
League STATS thread

League News
Download the game
Team Logos
Web Site Stats

Pro League Members
1st League
Good Fellas HorrorDVDTalk Monsters
DarkElf's Destroyers
2nd League
RainCity Objectivists ▀ada ▀ing
Oregon Duques Pumpkins
3rd League
Austin Lastros The Invaders
ShaolinBB Mobile Suckies
4th League
Ritzkrieg Yaga Minor Rabid Mynochs
Kevin's Contractors Pork Chop Express
The Robert DeNiros Debs Devious Divas
The Chakram Chambers Hill Heat
Bad Mojo Honolulu Slashers
Doug's Drivers Death Valley Destroyers
Pharoh's Ballers
5th League
Doppelgangers Harrisburg Pirates
WooDy's Round-up the WHO's ZOO
6th League
Thunderchickens Fightin' Aggies
HTQ
7th League
Johnsonville MudCats Nashville Automatons
Borst's Bombers Assorted Vermin
Hi-Ho!!
8th League
Rhode Island Generals Overpaid Players
Junior League
Fleegs T-Storms Champaign Cornpickers
The Rockies Baton Rouge Rumble
Not Yet Qualified
Berkeley Bombers The Sex Cauldrons
Dead Man's Hand Pounders
Decepticons Tiny Little Balls
Jail Cell Freaks

Star Levels
9 Star Teams
Good Fellas Pharoh's Ballers
DarkElf's Destroyers Yaga Minor Rabid Mynochs
HorrorDVDTalk Monsters Pork Chop Express
RainCity Objectivists Debs Devious Divas
Oregon Duques Chambers Hill Heat
▀ada ▀ing Honolulu Slashers
Pumpkins Death Valley Destroyers
Austin Lastros Doppelgangers
ShaolinBB WooDy's Round-up
The Invaders Harrisburg Pirates
Mobile Suckies the WHO's ZOO
Ritzkrieg Thunderchickens
Kevin's Contractors HTQ
The Robert DeNiros Borst's Bombers
The Chakram Hi-Ho!!
Bad Mojo Rhode Island Generals
Doug's Drivers Overpaid Players
8 Star Teams
Johnsonville MudCats Dead Man's Hand
Fleegs T-Storms Tiny Little Balls
The Rockies
7 Star Teams
Fightin' Aggies Champaign Cornpickers
Nashville Automatons Baton Rouge Rumble
Assorted Vermin Berkeley Bombers
6 Star and Under Teams
Decepticons The Sex Cauldrons
Pounders Jail Cell Freaks
Old 12-17-02, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DarkElf
Christ, what part of "I have my benchies in" don't you guys understand???
Sometimes folks don't notice specific game playing/scheduling information posted in the threads, even those who frequent the threads more than others...

For example: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...69#post3069469

It happens. I guess one should email if one wanted to be more sure...
Old 12-17-02, 12:43 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
twikoff is out of town, and Vryce is slacking...

New thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...51#post3115551

Mods: Please lock thread! Thanks in advance!
Vryce went out to lunch with co-workers..

On another note...

Honestly.. who starts a pro game on day 1

I lose bad to UMNB Money.. but I win against Bring it Meat? I lost horribly to meat last season and I was ready and 9*.. now I haven't trained in 2 days and am 8* and I beat his team?

Old 12-17-02, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Vryce
I lose bad to UMBH Money.. but I beat Bring it Meat? I lost horribly to meat last season and I was ready and 9*.. now I haven't trained in 2 days and am 8* and I beat his team?

It's not hard to beat Meat. I have alot of experience with it.

He's been on my schedule the last two seasons and the games weren't even close... Last season, his game broke up a string of losses I was having.

Also, besides SHOWING 8* (which might initiate a quick challenge), it's very possible that folks are perusing these threads to see DTSL team weaknesses.

If that WERE happening, I'd blame Solipsta. Damn_Canadian!
Old 12-17-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Guys & Gals,

It's been more than fun for me, but for the time being, Doug and the Drivers are going to take a break. Dancinns and all the elves who help him, thanks for all your hard work - you do a great job !!!! I may return in the Spring, but for now (having been in the DTSL since season 1) I am taking my massive collection of two pennants and driving off into the sunset!

Doug

Old 12-17-02, 12:52 PM

DTSL vs. COC Tourney

I thought that we were supposed to be matched up against teams with similar star levels for the tourney. My T-Storms (a low 8* team) have to play 101st Eagles (66171). Who are #97 on the top 100 9* teams. Is anybody else matched up differently? I don't want them to sneak by some games since there is some wagering on the results of the tourney.
Old 12-17-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So far this season, the Russians are 5-1 against the Rhode Island Generals/Doppleganger HR whores.

How do you guys like 'dem apples???
Old 12-17-02, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
[B]Guys & Gals,

It's been more than fun for me, but for the time being, Doug and the Drivers are going to take a break. Dancinns and all the elves who help him, thanks for all your hard work - you do a great job !!!! I may return in the Spring, but for now (having been in the DTSL since season 1) I am taking my massive collection of two pennants and driving off into the sunset!

Doug
Sorry to hear you're going. I'm glad you enjoyed the league and you're welcome back at any time.
Old 12-17-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: DTSL vs. COC Tourney

Originally posted by fleegs
I thought that we were supposed to be matched up against teams with similar star levels for the tourney. My T-Storms (a low 8* team) have to play 101st Eagles (66171). Who are #97 on the top 100 9* teams. Is anybody else matched up differently? I don't want them to sneak by some games since there is some wagering on the results of the tourney.
My match is pretty even. I'm playing Shanghai Noon and they're up near the top of the 9* list also.
Old 12-17-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Also, besides SHOWING 8* (which might initiate a quick challenge), it's very possible that folks are perusing these threads to see DTSL team weaknesses.

If that WERE happening, I'd blame Solipsta. Damn_Canadian!
Yup, my fault. SOOOOO sorry for trying to help.

BTW, don't tell anyone, but my team is REALLY weak lately. I hope no one plays me......
Old 12-17-02, 01:02 PM

Sometimes folks don't notice specific game playing/scheduling information posted in the threads, even those who frequent the threads more than others...

For example: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...69#post3069469

It happens. I guess one should email if one wanted to be more sure...
Oh no, I read that, but you put me in a bad situation. I distinctly remember the issue.

Explain to me why, if a person will play their league game later in the day, they would put their team on vacation. It makes no sense. You put your team on vacation if you don't expect to play the game, in which case, it's up to the OTHER person to play the game. Am I to wait until the last second and be forced to play the game then? Because if I wait, I'll either get the forfeit, or be forced to play a game when I'm not ready.

Given that scenario, I played the game when it suited ME.

If you planned to initiate that game, you should never have put your team on vacation.

As for emailing people, I typically don't read e-mail every day, and can go for days between checking it. So if people want to get in touch with me, posting is better than e-mail...

Ah well, it's all history now anyway. I'll just have to win all remaining Cup games.
Old 12-17-02, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Explain to me why, if a person will play their league game later in the day, they would put their team on vacation. It makes no sense. You put your team on vacation if you don't expect to play the game, in which case, it's up to the OTHER person to play the game.

Given that scenario, I played the game when it suited ME.

If you planned to initiate that game, you should never have put your team on vacation.
Why, you ask was my team on vacation at the time?

What I posted the morning of 12/3:
"I'm going out of town this afternoon (SmackDown!) so I know I won't be able to kick off games and submit scores. So for TODAY ONLY, 12/3, I will be on [V]acation mode. I will be back tomorrow, but for part of the day will still have my [V] up until I'm back in town. However, my one game to initiate tomorrow is against DarkElf. Since he usually runs his games later than me in the evening, I should be off of [V] and have the game initiated before, say, midnight Eastern on 12/4."

The [v] was to cover the day of 12/3. Since there hasn't yet been the enhancement to set a vacation duration on the DTSL website (opportunity for you, dancinns!), I was forced to turn it on for the two games I had on 12/3. I had every intention of playing my 12/4 scheduled games (as stated above, and in your team records), but had no possible way of turning off the [v] at midnight Pacific.

No one would ever put their team on [v] in a morning when they planned to get their games in that day and turn off the [v] that same day. That would be silly!

Am I to wait until the last second and be forced to play the game then? Because if I wait, I'll either get the forfeit, or be forced to play a game when I'm not ready.
I had no expectation that you would sit around waiting 'until the last second' because of the paper trail I had left where I was committed to playing that game and would have followed a little thing called the "DTSL Code of Honor" if I wasn't able to hold up the commitment I made to initiating the 12/4 game.
Old 12-17-02, 01:30 PM

Why, you ask was my team on vacation at the time?

What I posted the morning of 12/3:
"I'm going out of town this afternoon (SmackDown!) so I know I won't be able to kick off games and submit scores. So for TODAY ONLY, 12/3, I will be on [V]acation mode. I will be back tomorrow, but for part of the day will still have my [V] up until I'm back in town. However, my one game to initiate tomorrow is against DarkElf. Since he usually runs his games later than me in the evening, I should be off of [V] and have the game initiated before, say, midnight Eastern on 12/4."

The [v] was to cover the day of 12/3. Since there hasn't yet been the enhancement to set a vacation duration on the DTSL website (opportunity for you, dancinns!), I was forced to turn it on for the two games I had on 12/3. I had every intention of playing my 12/4 scheduled games (as stated above, and in your team records), but had no possible way of turning off the [v] at midnight Pacific.

No one would ever put their team on [v] in a morning when they planned to get their games in that day and turn off the [v] that same day. That would be silly!

I had no expectation that you would sit around waiting 'until the last second' because of the paper trail I had left where I was committed to playing that game and would have followed a little thing called the "DTSL Code of Honor" if I wasn't able to hold up the commitment I made to initiating the 12/4 game.
Okay, by explaining this now, it makes sense. But it didn't make sense when I read it. But look, if the game wasn't played, who gets the forfeit in that situation? ME, not you. You said you should (emphasis on should) get the game in on time, but what if you didn't? Sorry, I wasn't going to take that chance. Nor did I even think about the fact that Dancinns/Cop would reverse the forfeit, but if I had, I surely wouldn't have assumed they'd do it. Sorry if you're sore about it. You obviously see it differently than I did at the time, and I did what seemed best.
Old 12-17-02, 01:33 PM

Hey Solipsta, thanks for worrying about my team being 8* this morning. I had shuffled my lineup yet again before going to bed this morning, and wasn't that concerned b/c the ONLY reason I was 8* and not at least around 40 on the 9* list was because I had my rookie in who hasn't been trained in throwing EVER (60 feet, lol). That alone drags the team down substantially. Otherwise, it was a pretty strong lineup. Winning 2 of the 3 PL challenges sort of proves that. Consider it a lure of sorts, although it wasn't set intentionally . Hmm, might make for a great strategy.
Old 12-17-02, 02:24 PM

After I saw your win over Passive Agressive, I kinda thought it might be a lure. I just noticed it when checking my schedule and wanted to point it out to you.....
Old 12-17-02, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doug,

You will be missed. I'll miss the banter back and forth to pick on twikoff for his excuses, and ____ for being an ___. You being around for day one, were one of the folks with a strong team that I aspired to beat when I first joined up many seasons later. I was proud of my guys when they became able to be competitive with the likes of you.

Also, who will bring us the pizzas?

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 12-17-02 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-17-02, 02:33 PM

Thanks for all the tearful goodbyes .....
Old 12-17-02, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by solipsta
After I saw your win over Passive Agressive, I kinda thought it might be a lure. I just noticed it when checking my schedule and wanted to point it out to you.....
I kind of like my morning training. I'll be #50 on the list, but then train before work and have a stronger team when the bulk of the challenges come.
Old 12-17-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm starting to play my Champions Cup games now, first up is Doppelgangers its game # 11716
Old 12-17-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i'm not an HR whore..just trying to get it back to where it was

hehe....i'll be seeing the russians later...
Old 12-17-02, 03:05 PM

Doug,

You will be missed. I'll miss the banter back and forth to pick on twikoff for his excuses, and ____ for being an ___. You being around for day one, were one of the folks with a strong team that I aspired to beat when I first joined up many seasons later. I was proud of my guys when they became able to be competitive with the likes of you.

Also, who will bring us the pizzas?

I Love you man.....
Old 12-17-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Solipsta, did he email you back?
Old 12-17-02, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by solipsta
It would have been a more effective lure had I actually trained in preparation for the PL games, but I haven't trained since yesterday morning. I think I've just been lucky so far. Anyway, at least I have my normal lineup back in.
Old 12-17-02, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by namrufmot
i'm not an HR whore..just trying to get it back to where it was

hehe....i'll be seeing the russians later...
[only mot can read]
Spoiler:
Russians building 48 hour pie until tonight at ~9pm Central.

[/only mot can read]
Old 12-17-02, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by IdgIe49
Solipsta, did he email you back?
He emailed me telling you about the midseason leagues that you found were full. I recommend emailing him again. He'll help you through whatever trouble you're having or direct you to when you can sign up next.....

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright ę 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.