Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Smackdown 12/12/02

Old 12-12-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Smackdown 12/12/02

From http://smackdown.wwe.com/

SmackDown! preview for Dec. 12, 2002

With just three days until Armageddon, Kurt Angle will be gearing up for his showdown with the WWE Champion, the Big Show. What will Paul Heyman do to help his client prepare for this daunting title defense? Will Angle find the key to toppling the giant? Tune in at 8/7 CT this Thursday night on UPN to find out!

The big day is almost here for Stephanie McMahon. After a grueling bidding war with Eric Bischoff, the SmackDown! General Manager has persuaded Scott Steiner to sign with her promotion. Ironically, Big Poppa Pump will sign his SmackDown! contract this Thursday night in Atlanta, the former home of Bischoff's World Championship Wrestling! Will the RAW GM make one last desperate attempt to change the Big Bad Booty Daddy's mind? Watch it all unfold on SmackDown!

What matches will be announced for this Sunday's pay-per-view? What is the status of Rey Mysterio after last week's vicious attack by Albert? Get all the answers this Thursday night on SmackDown! Catch it at 8/7 CT on UPN!

Note: SmackDown! will be preempted in Atlanta, Minneapolis and Watertown, N.Y. this week. Atlanta viewers can see SmackDown! at 6 p.m. this Saturday, Minneapolis residents can catch the action Thursday night at 11, and Watertown fans can tune in at 1 p.m. this Saturday.
Old 12-12-02, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
*Sigh*

If you're gonna start this thread pixyboi [11 & hours early too]

Ya can't forget this:

Jeez...I gotta show you newbies everything?

Last edited by Rogue588; 12-12-02 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-12-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey.. I didn't want to steal the spotlight from GuessWho! If I post the picture in my post, he'll be out 2 posts a week..

On a serious note.. I only slept for 5 hours last night, so I might have to set my VCR to tape tonights show. Of course, since the preview mentioned nothing about matches.. I wonder if I should be worred.. ('course if I tape it, I can fast forward all the crap.. hmm.. brilliant idea)
Old 12-12-02, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pixyboi
Hey.. I didn't want to steal the spotlight from GuessWho! If I post the picture in my post, he'll be out 2 posts a week..

On a serious note.. I only slept for 5 hours last night, so I might have to set my VCR to tape tonights show. Of course, since the preview mentioned nothing about matches.. I wonder if I should be worred.. ('course if I tape it, I can fast forward all the crap.. hmm.. brilliant idea)
Are there ever matches the week before a PPV? And even when they are, they are 99.9% of the time either squash matches where someone in a 'big' match in the PPV sends 'a message', or matchups that don't make sense that end in run-ins.

Then, I can't wait for the week AFTER a PPV, when we get to see rematches of the PPV matches.
Old 12-12-02, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn ****ing Bill DeCrap squahed mah man..
Old 12-13-02, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

dawn marie's tush
Old 12-13-02, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well.. there were a little too many "plot" promos on this episode, but Smackdown does have a good variety of wrestlers and the wrestling is always good.

Super mad props to Angle-Slam on the Big Show.