Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Wrestling News & Spider-Man II[?], too!

Old 12-09-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Wrestling News & Spider-Man II[?], too!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/col/theslammer/

A Stinging, winning return to ring

With the first snowfall of autumn (winter begins Dec. 22) falling around me, let me "dig" into the news and say fan favorite Sting has returned to the ring.

The man who uses almost as much makeup on his face as my Aunt Louise (because of the amount she uses, she shops at the Dollar Store), superstar Sting made a rousing appearance recently for the WWA (World Wrestling All-Stars). His introduction raised the rafters at Wembley Arena in England when he teamed with Lex Luger to defeat Saturn and Buff Bagwell.

My gremlins said the Stinger couldn't have looked finer and has lost none of his athletic ability. And that's saying a lot considering he was last seen in the ring in March 2001, at the last broadcast of WCW's "Nitro," when he pinned Ric Flair.

With fan enthusiasm said to be slipping and sliding like a cat chasing a mouse on ice, the WWE would do well to try to sign him to a contract.

Speaking of looking fine, Miss Elizabeth was also on the WWA program. Yes, folks — the same lovely lady who once managed Macho Man Randy Savage. My gremlins say she still looks lovely but has become a blonde.

Miss Elizabeth was booed lustily by the Brits because she won her "gown" match vs. Midajah and didn't have to drop her dress. But the fans gave her a jolly good cheer when she returned as Sting and Luger's manager and had Midajah (managing Saturn and Bagwell) rip her gown off.

This hot rumor caught spinning in the mill: Don't be too surprised if by early next year Hulk Hogan and Goldberg form a tag team in the WWE!

My gremlins hear the Rock is trying to get the role of Venom in "Spiderman II." Now that would be a great match: the Rock vs. Spiderman in a steel web!
Old 12-09-02, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

actually, the Rock's rumor is for Spider-Man 3
Old 12-09-02, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just because "Rock" rhymes with "Brock" does not mean he should get the role.
Old 12-09-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Word around the boards was that the WWE's asking price for The Rock was too high, so the producers had already dropped him from the short list.

Other Rock movie rumor a while ago was him starring in the live-action Johnny Bravo....
Old 12-10-02, 12:01 AM
Banned

I'm not a big fan of CGI but I'd prefer it in Venom's case.
Old 12-10-02, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually, Brock Lesnar looks alot like Eddie Brock who wears the symbiotic suit known as Venom. I'd really like to see him play the part.
Old 12-11-02, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Forget about Goldberg in the WWE. It aint gonna happen. No way, now how. The man is loaded, and has no desire to go to the WWE for small change. Add to the fact that they'd have him jobbing out to wrestlers like Test, it's just not going to happen. He gets 1.5 million dollars to wrestle a few matches in Japan. Vince is going to have to pony up a hell of a lot of dough to entice him into the ring when he's making that kind of money to wrestle a few matches.

I saw him at a charity softball event in Atlanta and the guy is huge. Looks like he's been in the gym every day since he left wrestling.

Last edited by Terrell; 12-12-02 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-13-02, 10:41 AM

It could happen. Vince is desperate for ratings and that means he'll do anything including signing back any and all workers he sees as ratings grabbers. Look at the rumors we've been hearing about Austin coming back. The sad fact is I don't see that as a ratings solution or atleast a permanent one.