Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related
View Poll Results: Which team will get the NFC homefield advantage?
Bucs
51.72%
Eagles
17.24%
Niners
13.79%
Packers
13.79%
Whoever Twikoff picks.
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Who will get Homefield in the NFC?

Old 12-09-02, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who will get Homefield in the NFC?

Having homefield throughout the playoffs could be huge this year for the NFC. Currently, the Packers, Bucs, and Eagles are tied with 10-3 records. The Bucs/Eagles would have a bye in the playoffs thanks to more wins against NFC opponents.

So, with the upcoming records, who do you think has the best shot of earning homefield honors throughout the playoffs?

EAGLES:
Washington
at Dallas
at NYGiants

BUCS:
at Detroit
Pittsburgh
at Chicago

PACKERS:
at San Francisco
Buffalo
at NYJets

NINERS:
Green Bay
at Arizona
at St. Louis
Old 12-09-02, 12:17 PM
Banned

As of now, it seems like the Bucs.
DVD Talk Legend

Top seed: I think the Eagles will earn it. They have the best NFC record, and I don't see them losing any of those 3 upcoming games.

Second seed: This will come down to the bucs and Packers. I don't see the Pack losing any of their remaining games. The only game that the Bucs will struggle with will be the one against the Bears. The temperature will be less than 40 deg F, and the Bears will be playing spoiler. If the bucs pull off a miracle and win in the cold weather, and tie the Packers end of season record, then the Bucs will get the Second seed.

Third seed: See my post about the Second seed.

4th seed: The Niners. I am confident that the Packers will beat them next week, thus giving them another loss and bumping them out of contention for 2nd seed.
DVD Talk God

Philly has to be the favorite. I don't see the Packers finishing out 3-0 - those are 3 really tough games. Now I could see the Eagles tripping up at Dallas or at the Giants (not both) and finishing out 2-1. That means the Bucs would have to sweep their remaining games to finish ahead of Philly (remember that Philly holds the tiebreaker over TB). Can TB win a cold weather game in Illinois? That could be the game that decides it.

Because of the Pack's tough schedule, I think if the Bucs go 2-1, that should be good enough to get the other bye since they hold the tiebreaker over the Pack.
Old 12-09-02, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didnt they say during the week when the packers couldve clinched home field (but lost ) that even if they beat the Niners the niners will still get home field, because of some reason?
Old 12-09-02, 12:21 PM
Banned

I don't see the Packs finish 3-0 either. Niners and Jets will play their hearts out against the Packs.
Old 12-09-02, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IdgIe49
Didnt they say during the week when the packers couldve clinched home field (but lost ) that even if they beat the Niners the niners will still get home field, because of some reason?
Old 12-09-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mysterX
I don't see the Packs finish 3-0 either. Niners and Jets will play their hearts out against the Packs.
The Vikings played their hearts out last night against the Pack, but the Pack wore them down.

The Packers own the Niners. the Niners have beaten the Packers only once during the last 7 years, and that was because of a bad call by the officials.

The Packers have bumped them out of the playoffs so many times it isn't even funny.
Old 12-09-02, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cup o' Joe (Theismann)says:

Which 10-3 NFC team -- Packers, Eagles or Bucs -- is more likely to get home-field advantage?

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They don't run as effectively as they would like, but their defense is so strong.

Schedule will be a key factor in who claims home-field advantage. The Green Bay Packers have the toughest remaining schedule, I believe: at 49ers, Bills, at Jets. The schedule isn't as tough for the Philadelphia Eagles (Redskins, at Cowboys, at Giants) or Bucs (at Lions, Steelers, at Bears).

Injuries will likewise be a factor. Philly is still without injured QB Donovan McNabb. The Packers have several starters still out with injuries, but they were able to defeat the Vikings 26-22 on ESPN's Sunday Night Football.

The Bucs beat the Packers head-to-head, while the Eagles but the Bucs. Still, the Bucs have fewer injuries and the NFL's top-ranked defense. Both are essential in December when seeking home-field advantage.

Believe me, the Bucs want to stay home in Tampa so they can stay warm. They don't want a postseason trip to frigid Green Bay -- I know because I was there Sunday night in single-digit temperatures!
Old 12-09-02, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Iron Chef
The Packers own the Niners. the Niners have beaten the Packers only once during the last 7 years, and that was because of a bad call by the officials.
Funny you say that. You might wanna look back how many bad calls resulted in the Packs victories. I'm sure Packs fans remember the infamous "pass interference" call against the 49ers in the end zone about three seasons ago resulted in a Packs victory. The NFL apologized for the call by the way.
Old 12-09-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey! Why isn't Dallas one of the choices????
Old 12-09-02, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

if I pick the bucs.. then who do the tampa bay people pick in this poll
Old 12-09-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Joey T is essentially right about the Bucs but he failed to mentioned where the Bucs will have to win in Week 17 to potentially clinch HFA. If the Bucs didn't have this cold weather factor hanging over their head, I would like their chances, but you know that game will essentially be the Super Bowl for the Bears. It is ironic - the Bucs will have to win a game in freezing conditions to avoid playing another game in freezing conditions in January.
Old 12-09-02, 01:06 PM
Banned

The Packers will lose all 3 games.
Old 12-09-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by evenflowddt
keep dreaming
Old 12-09-02, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even so, they'd make the playoffs.
Old 12-09-02, 01:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bishop2knight
Even so, they'd make the playoffs.
Duh! Even the Texans would make the playoffs if they were playing in that division.
Old 12-09-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Iron Chef
musta been a regional game for you to miss such a beautiful statement.
Old 12-09-02, 02:24 PM
Stealth Moderator

The Bucs have the toughest schedule ahead of them. They have to play the Lions AND the Bears. Plus they have the Steelers game sandwiched in between; the mighty Steelers who lost to the Texans yesterday.
Old 12-09-02, 02:31 PM

Ummm, yah.... whatever...
Old 12-09-02, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Duh! Even the Texans would make the playoffs if they were playing in that division.
Hey, whatever it takes.
Old 12-09-02, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the Bucs
Old 12-09-02, 03:50 PM
Banned

Sorry Packs & Eagles fans, the schedule seems to favor the Bucs.
Old 12-09-02, 03:58 PM
Retired

Bucs, most favorable schedule and they're playing the best right now.
Old 12-09-02, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

eagles. i would love to see tampa bay go the philly and lose for the third straight year.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.