Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fiesta Bowl Discussion/Predictions

Old 12-07-02, 05:48 PM
Banned

Fiesta Bowl Discussion/Predictions

2003 Fiesta Bowl=2002 Rose Bowl with Ohio State instead of Nebraska.
In other words, Ohio State has no chance in hell.
Miami 42-Ohio State 10.
Old 12-07-02, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk God

i would expect miami to win by 10-14 and be in control for the entire game.. but i wouldnt predict a blowout
Old 12-07-02, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk God

The Fiesta Bowl line is already out - Miami is favored by 12.5. This surprises me - I figured on a 15 or 16 pt line. I don't like this line either way. I expect Miami to get quite a bit of action. If it hits 14, I will jump on OSU. I think Miami wins by 7-10 pts.
Old 12-07-02, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Miami, 31-14.
Old 12-07-02, 06:21 PM
Banned

Miami 38-10
Old 12-07-02, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Miami 28-20

das
Old 12-07-02, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Red Dog
The Fiesta Bowl line is already out - Miami is favored by 12.5. This surprises me - I figured on a 15 or 16 pt line. I don't like this line either way. I expect Miami to get quite a bit of action. If it hits 14, I will jump on OSU. I think Miami wins by 7-10 pts.

Yeah ... it should start moving. If it gets over 14, I too will get in on that.

das
Old 12-07-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Miami has the offensive stars, especially in Dorsey and MacGahee, so I'll pick them to win.
Old 12-07-02, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by mnguye10
Miami has the offensive stars, especially in Dorsey and MacGahee, so I'll pick them to win.
for anyone that hasnt seen miami play.. their offense is great.. but its amazing how fast their defense is and how quick they attack the ball.. i think they let up and give up points after the offense spots them a big lead.. but I would pick miami to win, even if someone told me the game was going to be a defensive battle
Old 12-07-02, 07:07 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Miami 38- tOSU 28

Miamis defense wasn't very impressive today and Clarett should be able to run all over them. tOSUs defense is good but they haven't seen anything like the Miami offense.
Old 12-07-02, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

unlinke NU, OSU has the right to be there, win over washington state, michigan and penn state... not to mention Texas Tech and undefeated. They have beaten more ranked teams than Miami...

compairing an undefeated team to the 2002 Cornhuskers is an insult... huskers didn't win their division much less their confrence and still went to the rose bowl, complete bs.
Old 12-07-02, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by hypeiv
unlinke NU, OSU has the right to be there, win over washington state, michigan and penn state... not to mention Texas Tech and undefeated. They have beaten more ranked teams than Miami...
Ill agree.. although i think they would have gotten alot more respect if there was a conf championship game and they had played and beaten iowa..

as far as beating more ranked teams then miami..
miami's schedule is 30th (before the v tech game), ohio state's schedule is 21st (final).. so after the tech game, their schedules will be close to even..
but its hard to knock miami for their ooc schedule.. they play florida, florida state, and tennessee..
sure, those three teams are having off seasons.. but those three teams are traditional powerhouses and miami could not have expected all 3 of them to have off years.
Old 12-07-02, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Iowa would be a better match up but fiesta bowl is huge and the reward goes to the team that took care of business all season... last year you could complain about who is in the rose bowl but this season I don't think you can.

USC or Iowa would be a better match vs Miami but OSU earned the right to go. I feel more sympathy for USC than Iowa... all the top teams Iowa beat OSU beat, USC has the hardest schedule in college football and only gave up two losses.

I didn't mean to knock miami by what i said i just wanted to point out that OSU beat some great teams, some where close or "bs" but a win is a win in my book and they got the job done. If you say its bs for OSU to go, then you can also argue its bs for Miami to go.

Last edited by hypeiv; 12-07-02 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-07-02, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

last year you could complain about who is in the rose bowl but this season I don't think you can.
i actually havent heard a single person complain about this matchup
2 undefeated teams remaining.. both from major conferences..
no debate over who plays in the championship game
Old 12-07-02, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by twikoff
i actually havent heard a single person complain about this matchup
2 undefeated teams remaining.. both from major conferences..
no debate over who plays in the championship game
ahh i guess my friends are more moronic than yours... but i think they just do that b/c they are so anti-bcs and used to bs matchups (FSU going in 2000 and NU going in 2001) they have to complain
Old 12-07-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk God

ahh i guess my friends are more moronic than yours... but i think they just do that b/c they are so anti-bcs and used to bs matchups (FSU going in 2000 and NU going in 2001) they have to complain
you have friends that are argueing that someone else should be in the fiesta, instead of osu??
get them to sign up and come in here.. we will edumacate them for you!
Old 12-07-02, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by twikoff
you have friends that are argueing that someone else should be in the fiesta, instead of osu??
get them to sign up and come in here.. we will edumacate them for you!
Yea one makes fun of me b/c i don't know the entire history of A&M's program and claims to know more about college football than me. Even though he asked me once why miami plays rutgers every year, duh same confrence. Anyway we are getting way off topic...

I am going to go for the underdog, I think OSU will keep it withen 7 points and come back at the end to win like they have done so many times before this season. If the game gets away from OSU say 14 points I don't think they will be able to rally a come back.
Old 12-07-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i will say miami by six. i dont think it will be a really high scoring game. something in the 20's. how about 26-20.
Old 12-07-02, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth nchhabra
i will say miami by six. i dont think it will be a really high scoring game. something in the 20's. how about 26-20.

Sounds good. Can't really go wrong by copying my pick.

Seriously, though, I'm considering amending mine to 31-20.

das
Old 12-07-02, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

OSU over Miami by 30.

Sorry, I just felt sorry for them.

Miami by double digits.
Old 12-07-02, 10:09 PM

Well I gotta get in here on this action.

Bucks 24
Canes 21

And thats a completely objective and unbiased pick.
Old 12-08-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Miami 54,612
Ohio State 3
Old 12-08-02, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a lock for the Fiesta Bowl.....

I won't be watching.
But for the thread's sake:
Miami 35
OSU 13
Old 12-08-02, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would love to see OSU win...but i doubt it will happen. If they do, it'll be something like 22-21....if they don't, it'll be more like 38-13. Tough to say which'll happen....i'll certainly be tuned in.
Old 12-08-02, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm laying the lumber on the Canes before the line moves - although I don't think it will matter. Everything that is being said about OSU was being said about Nebraska last year. OSU is a fine team, but away from the Shoe - they have been average at best. Average (or even just "good") won't get the job done against Miami. OSU hasn't played a team this balanced, or with this level of talent. I'll let you hand-pick the 22 best players OSU has faced from their 13 game schedule - I'll take the Miami starters - and I'll beat you all day long. Yes, Clarett will have success against Miami - but not nearly enough to match the 30+ points that Miami will score. OSU has been succesful against the run bringing Doss up with the LB's - do that against Miami and Dorsey's gonna have a field day. The Buckeye LB's aren't fast enough to hang with Winslow - but if they go Nickel to put a DB on him - McGahee will be in the defensive backfield all game. The Miami wideouts are better than anything OSU has seen this year, and to stop McGahee, they are gonna have to leave their corners in a lot of single coverage situations. Deep down even the Buckeye faithful know that Dustin Fox is not that good. Both teams will load up against the run, the difference will be Miami actually has a passing game while their passing defense is much better that OSU's. Pick your poison, and Miami can and will exploit your weakness - they are simply too balanced and too skilled. Look beneath the surface, and you will see that the "great" OSU defense was giving up a pile of yards at the end of the year. Looking at the numbers - I just don't see what (besides blind faith, which is fine) would lead anyone to believe OSU can keep this game close. But, of course, that is why they play the game - who knows. My feeling is that reality is gonna slap OSU upside the head like a ton of bricks midway through the third quarter when they are looking up at the scoreboard and see a 38-13 score. Anyway - I'll be the first to step up and admit I was wrong if OSU keeps it close or somehow wins (all the while singing the praises of the all-mighty Big10), but I'm fairly confident I'm gonna be counting my winnings and shopping for a new widescreen TV on Jan 4th

Simply too much talent, speed, and big game experience - the streak continues.

Miami 45 OSU 20

Last edited by Daryl; 12-08-02 at 01:48 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.