Reload this Page >

Official DVDTalk Smallball League Thread pt. CXXVII

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Official DVDTalk Smallball League Thread pt. CXXVII

Old 12-05-02, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dancinns
Now onto forfeits.
I think it's survey time so I put one up. It's a quick short one about when forfeits should be enforced. It's been several seasons since we switched to the 33 game schedule and we may or may not have gotten used to it by now that we can/can't play our games in one day...boy was that a mouthful (no Mobile Suckies jokes, please ) Anyway, I want to find out if we're all ready to go back to the strict midnight PST deadline for games.

As for forfeiting unsubmitted scores, there will be no survey on that. Poor Copenhagen has been babysitting teams long enough now and entering scores for people is unnecessary and time consuming. As a result of his hard work I'm going to increase his salary by 500%! [/B]
I'm all for going back to the old deadline.

And 500% of 0 is...grabs calculator....**** it's still 0.
Old 12-05-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
This may seem like a dumb idea, but...

Why have Copie even mess with forfeits? With the new 'correct score' option, the other team can take care of things without wasting Copie's time.

If your reply is that we need some sort of consistent governance, then my reply is "honor system" and "you snooze, you lose". If the person puts the score up late, then it's your fault as the other team for not putting up the forfeit yourself before they put up the late score.
Because you guys already screwed up your score once and I'm not going to allow you to screw it up again. Besides, there has to be control over the scores. If I leave them open for everyone to edit then there could be chaos in people tweaking scores to their favor...not like that would happen with you guys. It's just a safety net and it gives us admins some power over you peons guys/gals.

edit:
btw, the survey can be found from your team's page on the DTSL website. Try to fill it out ASAP as the results will go into effect within a day of survey being closed.

Last edited by dancinns; 12-05-02 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-05-02, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's just a safety net and it gives us admins some power over you peons guys/gals.
Old 12-05-02, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Old 12-05-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Assorted Vermin - you must have just trained and all into power huh? your team page shows youre 7* (review the game shows youre now 8*) and youre beating up on me 7-0 thru 3 innings!!
Old 12-05-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

not directed at anyone. just a new addittion to the roll eyes smilies.
Old 12-05-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I clearly explained to him why he wasn't allowed to join DTSL.
1) He never posted in the threads here to introduce himself and he had at least 2 weeks to do this.
2) We came to the decision that we were only going to allow DVDTalkers to join the league
3) His past was sketchy at best and I didn't want to risk tarnishing the name of DVDTalk.com

Solipsta: I hope you told him that I'm not a part of GAY DTSL, that's Lateralus and his Mobile Suckies.
Oh, no worries. I clearly stated to him that in no way were you gay. Just that you liked to experiment and that SO does not make a person gay....
Old 12-05-02, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Vryce
Now that we have had at least 1 team make it to 10*... are you going to make a 10* list and put people there that made it 10* no matter how long they had it, like for 9*. Or are you going to wait until, if there ever is, a 10* badge?

Oh, oh...I was 10*s for about 5 minutes last season!!!
Old 12-05-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by solipsta
Oh, no worries. I clearly stated to him that in no way were you gay. Just that you liked to experiment and that SO does not make a person gay....
but we dont know what he does while looking at his christian and jericho photos... (i think i already beat this joke to death, but hey, its still funny to me )
Old 12-05-02, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by whotony
wasnt sbl banned because he/she created a paypal button for the batting camp that was not authorized?
Yeah, that was one thing he did. He's also been a complete jerk in chat to almost everyone, including the commish, has hacked other members sites to ridicule them, is apparently in the process of suing smallball for some reason or another and is just an ***hole in general. He was given LOTS of chances but just kept screwing them up.

I remember one nite where commish had given him a bunch of batting camp tickets for his tourneys and he turned around and called commish an ***hole for not supporting his tourneys. The whole situation was just odd....
Old 12-05-02, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by wheredebo
I don't think SBL and Smallballgirl are the same person.
I could be wrong....you never know with that guy.
http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpB...208&highlight=

also, I saw them 'have it out' on the message board on the smallball main page.
The main reason that I think they are one and the same is that Smallballgirl showed up in a chat and had EXACTLY the same way of chatting as he did. His "method" is very distinct and he didn't even try to change it. Then he magically showed up and when I got someone to talk to him and I talked to her at the same time, they just coudn't seem to do it!! Also, he had about 8 different names on the REAL boards that he admitted to....(and I just realized that I'm wasting WAY too much energy on this).....

Ok, that's it....hehe
Old 12-05-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

vs

Old 12-05-02, 01:48 PM
Cool New Member

I have a request of someone. I made a logo for the team, and its uploaded to:
http://www.theforumisdown.com/upload.../Funsmall4.jpg

My team page does not seem to like it very much. Can someone stick this somewhere better?

Also if anyone has ideas, abilities to make that logo better, such as the introduction of MUD to the MUDcat, feel free to play with it.
Old 12-05-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MayorStevie
I have a request of someone. I made a logo for the team, and its uploaded to:
http://www.theforumisdown.com/upload.../Funsmall4.jpg

My team page does not seem to like it very much. Can someone stick this somewhere better?

Also if anyone has ideas, abilities to make that logo better, such as the introduction of MUD to the MUDcat, feel free to play with it.
Email it to WhoGirl and she can help you out, we can host it on our site!
Old 12-05-02, 02:21 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by mgfred
Email it to WhoGirl and she can help you out, we can host it on our site!
I just sent it to your hotmail account. Im not sure where to find her email. If it gets forwarded to her to play with, then cool.
Old 12-05-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by solipsta
Exactly! That's what I've been saying for years.
Old 12-05-02, 05:04 PM

I Goofed!

Hi folks, Please forgive me! I went to visit my brother in Houston and forgot to put the Pumpkins on vacation. I miss playing my games on Tue. and Wed. All I can say is that "I'm not perfect"

I'm back home now and will be playing my games!

Later,
Mater
Old 12-05-02, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: I Goofed!

Originally posted by Mater
Hi folks, Please forgive me! I went to visit my brother in Houston and forgot to put the Pumpkins on vacation. I miss playing my games on Tue. and Wed. All I can say is that "I'm not perfect"

I'm back home now and will be playing my games!

Later,
Mater
That's awfully nice of you to give the rest of the teams in your division a shot at first place.
Old 12-05-02, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MayorStevie
I just sent it to your hotmail account. Im not sure where to find her email. If it gets forwarded to her to play with, then cool.
Well, there's not really much I could do to fix the logo you made, so I made a new one.

If you like it, use it. If not, I'll just host the other one for ya. Let me know.
Old 12-05-02, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

woo-hoo! i'm #28 on the 8* list! not too bad considering i have never seen my name on there before...now if i could only hang on to my 9*.
Old 12-05-02, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by namrufmot
woo-hoo! i'm #28 on the 8* list! not too bad considering i have never seen my name on there before...now if i could only hang on to my 9*.
when do they update the lists? I think I've only been on the 8* top 100 once, seems like I am either 9* at the time or a lower 8* when it happens
Old 12-05-02, 07:27 PM

In regards to forfeits, I frequently have to play my games after midnight, but I always get them done and submitted before I go to bed (~1-4 am).

I strongly request that we continue to allow games to be played until the following morning.

I also don't think people should be allowed to enter the forfeits. I can see a lot of problems with a system like that.

And people should be required to submit their games on the DTSL site on time. If they don't, Cop shouldn't have to hunt the game results down. The only exception is if you post in these threads that you started a game, and can't stick around to watch the conclusion and enter the score.

The DTSL police just need to chill out.
Old 12-05-02, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Borst
when do they update the lists?
4:45 am PT +/- 3 minutes...
Old 12-05-02, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

how did this happen?

^---------------------------click

Last edited by whotony; 12-06-02 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-05-02, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.