Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The One and Only LA Lakers thread

Old 12-05-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
The One and Only LA Lakers thread

SHUT UP DTSC.
Old 12-05-02, 12:53 AM
Suspended

I ditto what skippy has to say.
Old 12-05-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

7-13 teams deserve their own threads????
Old 12-05-02, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 12-05-02, 01:02 AM
Banned

Lakers were favorite on the road tonight against the Jizz.
Old 12-05-02, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

can they trade kobe for gasol, dickerson, and swift?
Old 12-05-02, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Enjoy it, female dog

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
7-13 teams deserve their own threads????
When they are the defending world champions yes. Also because us Laker fans have enjoyed our time, so it your turn to enjoy their pitiful play. So to all the bball fans on the board here is your chance.

Last edited by damn_skippy; 12-05-02 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-05-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Go pitiful three time defending champion Lakers!
Old 12-05-02, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would but im a Bulls fan.
Old 12-05-02, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haha... Losing record....

Go TWOLVES
Old 12-05-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are the Lakers still around? I thought the owner gave the team to his daughter and she moved them to Toledo, Ohio to be closer to the strip clubs she's opening there?
Old 12-05-02, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Guess the Lakers (4-4 with Shaq this season) aren't exactly in their Zen place of peace right now. And of course, when the going gets tough, the stars (Shaq and Kobe) start bad-mouthing their teammates.
Old 12-05-02, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BoatDrinks
Are the Lakers still around? I thought the owner gave the team to his daughter and she moved them to Toledo, Ohio to be closer to the strip clubs she's opening there?
Will Phil be teacher her strippers the "triangle Offense" or is that Tex's job.
Old 12-05-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JCJF10
Will Phil be teacher her strippers the "triangle Offense" or is that Tex's job.
I don't get it
Old 12-05-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Aphex Twin
I don't get it

The hand signal used to indicate the "triangle" is also ... oh ... nevermind.

das
Old 12-05-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

*waiting for the Kings to crush the pitiful Lakers in the playoff (Ha! IF the Lakers do make the playoffs!*
Old 12-06-02, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ranger
*waiting for the Kings to crush the pitiful Lakers in the playoff (Ha! IF the Lakers do make the playoffs!*
**Bling** **Bling** **Bling**

If the Kings do it I'll congratulate them but so far they haven't even accomplished as much as the TrailBlazers.

Last edited by JCJF10; 12-06-02 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-06-02, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey
Quoth Aphex Twin
I don't get it

The hand signal used to indicate the "triangle" is also ... oh ... nevermind.

das

"hey baby I got a dolla if'yauz show me your triangle"
Old 12-06-02, 12:47 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by criptik28
And of course, when the going gets tough, the stars (Shaq and Kobe) start bad-mouthing their teammates.
Well maybe if these "teammates" would get off their lazy asses already and actually help those two guys out?
Old 12-06-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

NEWSFLASH: Phil Jackson decides its time for him to start coaching!

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/oc...month=12&day=6
Jackson says there are no more excuses
The coach says it is time for the 7-13 Lakers to begin to play harder, starting tonight.
By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO Moments after his team lost again Sunday night, Phil Jackson heard a desperate voice call out from the Staples Center stands: "You've got to start coaching!"

Jackson disagrees with the assessment that he hasn't been coaching so far in this woebegone Lakers season. He is, however, changing the way he's coaching - effective Thursday, with the Lakers sitting at 7-13.

Here's what Lakers guard Brian Shaw said Jackson's statement to the team was Thursday: "We've got to stop the bleeding right now. There are no more excuses."

Jackson has been waiting for his team - which meets the 17-1 Dallas Mavericks tonight - to reach this point where it's ready to answer a call for urgency. The usual post-championship malaise and a rash of injuries have led Jackson, never a hands-on sort anyway, to give this team what he acknowledged Thursday to be "a long, long leash."

But on Thursday, Jackson spoke of "the responsibility" being "on my shoulders" now to get the team moving consistently forward.

"It's time for us to step up," Jackson said.

In meetings with his assistants and reviewing recent game film, Jackson has seen too much slippage in fundamentals to excuse his team anymore. It's a basic issue now of "competing and having the desire," Jackson said.

Shaquille O'Neal has offered harsh criticism of the team after each of the Lakers' past three losses - and after the one before that in Miami, O'Neal left without saying anything.

O'Neal hasn't been telling his teammates much directly, but through the media he is trying to make a statement. He declined to comment after practice Thursday, but after the loss in Utah on Wednesday night, he said: "We just have to learn how to stay hungry and learn how to become consistent again."

Jackson and the Lakers have heard O'Neal's call. Several Lakers said O'Neal is just frustrated - just what they said when Kobe Bryant complained about his teammates before that.

"I think we're all glad he's doing it, because he's kind of the engine that drives this thing," Jackson said of O'Neal. "And when he gets concerned about it, I think the other players are looking forward to that leadership that he has. It's better than just a don't-care attitude. When you care, you're going to do something about it."

Whether the Lakers can do something about it tonight will be interesting. Dallas arrives as the seventh team in NBA history to start the season 17-1 (the Lakers started 16-1 last season). The average outcome of a Maverick game this season has been a 13-point Dallas victory, and the Mavs beat the Shaq-less Lakers, 98-72, on Nov. 19.

Looking forward to tonight, Shaw said, "Maybe at this point in the season, we're not good enough to beat this team." But Shaw is eager to try and "see what we're made of."

Physically, the Lakers got a boost Thursday when forwards Slava Medvedenko and Samaki Walker both practiced.

Medvedenko tore the extensor tendon in his right pinkie Wednesday night, but might be able to play with a splint on the finger. Medvedenko wants to try and was even dunking in practice, although the concern is that the splint might come off in action. It must remain on for six weeks.

Walker, who has a strained lower back, is eligible to come off the injured list and said after practice that he's ready.

Although Jackson insists his team can't get its real flow for a couple more weeks, everything is set up for the Lakers to have a big game tonight.

"What we really have to have on this team is leaders that lead, players that follow and coaches that are able to do the coaching at that time when they're all set up," Jackson said. "And I think we're getting to that point in our season."
Old 12-06-02, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jackson's doing a bang up job at coaching tonight!

Dallas is up 64-36 at the half. Bahahahahaha. This is a Laker-hater's dream. Now if only my own team would stop sucking.

You know what? You'll never win a championship with Tracy Murray on your team.
Old 12-06-02, 11:47 PM
Suspended

On behalf of the Lakers.... kiss my butt dtsc!!!
Old 12-06-02, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" -- Laker fans, Staples Center, 12/6/02

Old 12-06-02, 11:53 PM
Suspended

They are only down by...what...28points. I have faith.
Old 12-06-02, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Faith that they'll lose by 40+?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.