Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Smackdown 12/05

Old 12-04-02, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Smackdown 12/05

From http://smackdown.wwe.com/

SmackDown! preview for Dec. 5, 2002

Stephanie McMahon followed through on her threat to suspend Brock Lesnar last week, but that didn't stop the former WWE Champion from assaulting the Big Show. Can the SmackDown! General Manager get Brock under control, or will SmackDown! Superstars have to live in fear that they will be Lesnar's next target? Tune in to SmackDown! this Thursday night at 8/7 CT on UPN to see what develops in this volatile situation.

Stephanie appears to have won the war with RAW's Eric Bischoff in signing the hottest free agent on the market today, Scott Steiner. Will Big Poppa Pump make his selection official? Tune in to SmackDown! to find out!

SmackDown! always delivers high-flying action and this week will be no exception. Tune in to watch some unbelievable in-ring action and much more when SmackDown! airs this Thursday night on UPN at 8/7 CT!
Old 12-04-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Y2K Falcon and myself went to the show last night and had a great time.

You are in for one hell of a main event
Old 12-04-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
You are in for one hell of a main event
And it would be? (I don't typically watch Smackdown, so I'll just be reading about it anyway)
Old 12-04-02, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cartman
And it would be?
Rikishi and Big Show in a "Cheeseburger on a Ladder" match.

Oh... It's true! It's true!

(sorry, had to steal your joke, pixyboi)
Old 12-04-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: WWE Smackdown 12/05

Stephanie appears to have won the war with RAW's Eric Bischoff in signing the hottest free agent on the market today, Scott Steiner. Will Big Poppa Pump make his selection official? Tune in to SmackDown! to find out!
"Appears to have won"?

By givin up a piece to BPP? I Don't get it...
Old 12-04-02, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cartman
And it would be? (I don't typically watch Smackdown, so I'll just be reading about it anyway)
Ok... seriously, here is a spoiler picture of the main event.

Quadruple Threat match, winner goes for the SD! Belt at the next PPV.

I was pleased to see the match ended without a run-in ending. It was a PPV quality match. It's kinda like that Pearl Harbor movie. Just come in late and enjoy!

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 12-04-02 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-04-02, 11:49 PM

once again

how were the matches with Paul London, Michael Shane, and Brian Danielson (yeah it's Danielson not Aldenson)

oh yeah...poor Rey Rey
Old 12-05-02, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by El Talon Del Monstruo
once again

how were the matches with Paul London, Michael Shane, and Brian Danielson (yeah it's Danielson not Aldenson)

oh yeah...poor Rey Rey
I assume yuo are talking about the dark matches that played out before Velocity. They were pretty good for rookies, I enjoy watching new talent. I didn't get to pay too much attention to the very first match cause I was busy making my sign! They newbies got a lot of heat from the crowd, and there was one botched drop kick, but all-in-all decent performace.

Velocity.. Shannon Moore got beat by Crash..

It's so strange watching it w/o the commentary!! But very fun, I will be going to the next show.. oh yeah.
Old 12-05-02, 12:06 PM

I assume yuo are talking about the dark matches that played out before Velocity. They were pretty good for rookies, I enjoy watching new talent. I didn't get to pay too much attention to the very first match cause I was busy making my sign! They newbies got a lot of heat from the crowd, and there was one botched drop kick, but all-in-all decent performace.

oh they are not rookies

Brian Danielson is AKA The American Dragon from NJPW, ROH, and other feds
Michael Shane is HBK's nephew
Paul London is GREAT

and all 3 are not rookies and students of Shawn Michaels to boot
Old 12-05-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by El Talon Del Monstruo
oh they are not rookies

Brian Danielson is AKA The American Dragon from NJPW, ROH, and other feds
Michael Shane is HBK's nephew
Paul London is GREAT

and all 3 are not rookies and students of Shawn Michaels to boot
Ooops, my bad. I do remember one of them was called Spanky and wore pink shorts!
Old 12-05-02, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

didnt want to make a seperate thread just for one NWA/TNA question. But did you guys see the segment on wednesday's ppv of nwa/tna with Rowdy Roddie Pipper and Vince Russo? Was that real??
Old 12-05-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IdgIe49
didnt want to make a seperate thread just for one NWA/TNA question. But did you guys see the segment on wednesday's ppv of nwa/tna with Rowdy Roddie Pipper and Vince Russo? Was that real??
real, piper put out a press release afterwards

RODDY PIPER ADDRESSES TONIGHTS APPEARANCE ON NWA-TNA AND NEGATIVE REACTION TOWARDS OWEN HART COMMENTS

December 4, 2002: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper wants to set the record straight regarding his appearance tonight on the NWA-TNA Pay-Per-View. Piper, in Nashville returning his tour bus as the first part of “The Tour The Fans Demanded” comes to a close, made an agreement Tuesday with an NWA Official to appear on the show. Roddy, after hearing the fans comments over the last month regarding the state of Pro Wrestling, and after seeing a copy of last weeks NWA-TNA Show, given to him by a fan, wanted a National Forum to try and get the Wrestling Business back on track.

The only stipulations that Roddy Piper had were that nobody knew he was coming and that nobody in the NWA Organization had any say in the interviews content. Piper, who refused payment for the appearance, wanted to speak from the heart and wasn’t even sure when he got to the ring, what exactly he was going to say.

In addition, nobody in the NWA Organization authorized Vince Russo to come to the ring. This was not scripted and as you can see by Russo’s demeanor in the ring, a total 100% shoot. Apparently, Russo listening while getting ready for his segment of the show, couldn’t resist coming to the ring. As seen live, he wouldn’t speak unless he was given the mic and when he wasn’t (Piper’s Pit Rule #1-Never surrender the microphone), they were forced to send The Harris Brothers to the ring to get the situation under control. This further complicated the planned storyline of The Harris’ aligning with Russo 10 minutes later as if it were scripted, why wouldn’t they have turned on Piper.

Regardless, Roddy Piper holds absolutely no ill will toward the NWA-TNA or any of their officials as they acted completely professionally in the face of Vince Russo’s lack of professionalism. Piper, however, regrets that his message was interrupted by Russo’s egotistical antics.

Roddy Piper also wants to stress that his comments regarding Owen Hart were 100% from the heart. He does not forget that there are children that have to grow up without a father and that nobody was ever held accountable. Although the way it played out, it looked like an angle, Roddy Piper for no amount of money would base an angle, payoff, or promotional venture including his book, which has been unbelievably successful with major National Media, around an incident that to this day, still brings a tear to his eye. Case Closed.

Roddy will address this unplanned, unfortunate situation as well as many other subjects this Friday Night at 9pm EST as www.rowdyroddypiper.com presents “The Ultimate Shoot Interview-Roddy gets Pissed”. More information on this once in a lifetime event will be available tomorrow.

To pre-order and insure availability of “The Ultimate Shoot Interview-Roddy gets Pissed”, go to www.rowdyroddypiper.com
Old 12-05-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

in other news, wwe released godfather today

no loss
Old 12-05-02, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks, GuessWho. Even though one of those sentences say Vince wasnt authorized to come out, Roddie called him out. So I guess maybe that negated the authorization?
Old 12-05-02, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GuessWho
in other news, wwe released godfather today

no loss
Heh.. *crickets chirp*
Old 12-05-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So.. I wonder if they'll dub out any of the random chanting from the night.. lots of ECW chants (esp when Tazz got on stage).. "Shave Your Back!" to Albert.. and of course.. my friend and I started many a "Angle! Angle!" chants..

Old 12-05-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've given RAW another shot, so tonite is my Smackdown 2nd chance. We'll see...
Old 12-05-02, 10:21 PM

Ooops, my bad. I do remember one of them was called Spanky and wore pink shorts!
ooh Spanky

another one of HBK's students except he DOES have a WWE contract, he will debut on Smackdown soon
Old 12-05-02, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

great last match!
Old 12-07-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

come on, guys....

no comments on the whole dawn marie/torrie thing???

damn, i think i actually had wood during their first segment!