Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Aaargh! Fantasy Basketball Help Needed from experts

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 12-04-02, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

OK, I have like the ultimate team here and a major conflict. Too many good players.

Guards

Payton
Iverson
Mashburn
Wesley
Spree
Mike Miller
Dajuan Wagner
Ricky Davis

Forwards
Harpring
Gasol
Ben Wallace

Centers
Brad Miller

IL
Lafrentz

So, here's the dilemma. Lafrentz is off the IL now and I pretty much need him as I have way too many guards (some play forward as well, like Spree and Mike Miller). But to let Lafrentz off the IL, I gotta let someone go. I can't figure out who though, I'm thinking Wesley. I'm also trying to dump Wagner ASAP as he is hot hot hot. Any advice?
Old 12-04-02, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dump Wesley. He's crappy on assists and rebounds and when Baron Davis gets back from injury, his production will drop. Plus Elden Campbell came back and he's gonna need his shots as well.
Old 12-04-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd say dump Mike Miller or David Wesley. Both of those guys are just way too inconsistent for my tastes

You may also think about getting rid of Ricky Davis too because of his recent anger issues.
Old 12-04-02, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think you'd miss either Miller or Wesley much. Miller will likely only have significant value if Hill goes down again. How much do you believe in that?
Old 12-05-02, 02:37 AM

The experts have spoken. Dumped Wesley, tonight he goes 0 for 8 with no points. Good call, guys!
Old 12-05-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just wanted to add that although you dumped Wesley, you may want to keep an eye on him just in case, Baron Davis has to sit out for an extended period of time for his bad back. If that were the case, wesley would take over as PG which may or may not mean more assists/points/TOs.
Old 12-06-02, 03:55 AM

Ok. Baron Davis looks to be playing like his old self though.
Old 12-06-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah he is. But just in case. You never know.
Old 12-06-02, 03:22 PM

I'm almost tempted to pick up Carlos Boozer over Brad Miller with the way he's been playing.
Old 12-06-02, 03:29 PM

Update: Got bored. Dumped Miller for Boozer. Traded Mashburn for Donyell Marshall. I seriously need the boards and Mashburn will score less with Baron back. Marshall is averaging about 15 and 10, Mashburn about 20 and 7. Hopefully it will work out. Also Boozer is playing well, but now I have Ricky Davis, Boozer, and Dajuan Wagner. Who should I dump when Miles comes back?
Old 12-06-02, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

should have kept miller. i made the mistake of dumping miller.. it will be a mistake especially with Tmac and Ghills ankles the way they are. I needed the roster room because i was desperate. mistake now. I think ithe mashburn for marshall was pretty good. marshall will get a lot of stats once the young guys start to fade in the second half of the season.
Old 12-06-02, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that you should have kept Brad Miller. The guy is just a solid rebounder and low post scorer. You definitely know what you're going to get with him night in and night out. Boozer still has the issue of playing with Ty Hill. Plus, he's a rookie so he's going to have the foul trouble issues occasionally. When Miles comes back, I wouldn't worry about who to drop since it sounds like he's in really bad shape. It'll probably be something you won't have to worry about since it basically looks like he can only be a secondary scorer and not a primary one like wagner or Davis. If you really need to drop somebody, I'd drop Davis because Lucas is probably going to want to bring him off of the bench.

The Mashburn for Marshall trade was alright but I personally would have kept Mashburn simply because he's been going lights out crazy scoring lately.

Now all I gotta do is figure out what to do with Peja Stojakovic sitting on my bench. Get healthy already.
Old 12-06-02, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oops... i didn't quite get the whole picture... never mind my post.