Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

If Marc Bulger was healthy, would he be starting?

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 12-02-02, 12:27 PM

If he won five straight and Warner has lost 7 straight? Whats the problem here?
Old 12-02-02, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would hope so, Warner looks like a deer caught in somebody's headlights out there. It is just weird how different the team is playing w/ #13 taking the snaps. I know they are having problems w/ their O-line, etc. but still, it is like night and day out there when comparing Warner's Lambs to Bulger's Rams.
Old 12-02-02, 04:23 PM
Banned

Well it's too late for that now.The Rams are 5-7 and won't make the playoffs so it really doesn't matter now.However i do think Bulger would be starting if he was healthy.
Old 12-02-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Don't give them any ideas. The Rams are losing. Never f**k with a streak.
Old 12-02-02, 05:35 PM
Banned

They're on pace alright.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=251910
Old 12-02-02, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Bulger is going to start somewhere next year. So will Warner.
Old 12-03-02, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Prolly not but he will start all there games next year once Kurt Warner's out of there which he will be,the man had a great string of years but that has come to a end,he cant even throw a spiral anymore,Bulger would have won those games vs. the Skins and Rams if he was playing,just shows how washed Warner is.
Old 12-03-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVDHO
Prolly not but he will start all there games next year once Kurt Warner's out of there which he will be,the man had a great string of years but that has come to a end,he cant even throw a spiral anymore,Bulger would have won those games vs. the Skins and Rams if he was playing,just shows how washed Warner is.
well he does have a broken hand and had a messed up thumb. it is pretty damn tough to throw with ailments like that. but i think bulger should have never been relagated to the backup role when warner was "healthy." bulger apparentely is hurt according to espn and jamie martin is slated to start this sunday.
Old 12-03-02, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DVDHO
Wow, way to sell out on a player who was key to turning your franchise around.
Old 12-04-02, 11:30 AM
Retired

Warner deserves a shot next year if he's healthy. He's earned it. Bulger's not going anywhere, they have him under contract for next year, and have an option they can pick up to keep him their after that. He's not the type to demand a trade, and Martz isn't foolish enough to trade him. He know's he's their QB of the future.

Warner will start, if healthy, and if he performs he'll remain the starter. If neither of those happens, in comes Bulger.
Old 12-04-02, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Warner is done and if you think not your in denial,this man is washed and will never go to another Superbowl as a starter again,and Mike Martz is just as stupid as Warner playing with a broken thumb and then hide the fact he is injured.

If the Rams GM where smart they would trade him while he still has value for a draft pick or something,Bulger is the future there and has looked sharp every game he has played in,if Bulger would have started all the game's Warner started Rams would be talking playoffs right now.
Old 12-04-02, 11:20 PM
Retired

He may be washed up, or he may just be playing poorly because of injuries.

All I'm saying is Warner is a 2 time MVP and deserves a chance to get healthy in the off season and start the season as the rams QB. If he stinks it up again, he's done and it's Bulger's turn.

I'm a die hard WVU fan and was at WVU for Bulger's junior and senior season. I'd love for him to be named starter right now. But the fact is that Warner deserves a chance to redeem himself when he gets healthy. He was the main reason that the sucky Rams became a NFL power, and he deserves to be treated with respect because of that. Not simply cast aside after playing like crap while injured.