Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 12/2

Old 12-02-02, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Raw 12/2

RAW comes to you live Monday night on The New TNN at 9/8 CT.

Shawn Michaels' first defense of the World Heavyweight Championship turned ugly when Triple H, the former Champion, interfered, leaving both HBK and Rob Van Dam lifeless in the ring.

One can imagine that last Monday was not the last ruthless attack The Game plans on making on Michaels. Where and when will Triple H strike next? Find out Monday night on RAW.

Also, the last time we saw the World Tag Team Champions, they were naked. One week later (and hopefully, fully clothed), will Christian and Chris Jericho look for revenge on the Dudleys?

We'll undoubtedly get more information on all these questions and many more Monday night on RAW! Don't miss it when it kicks off at 9/8 CT on the new TNN!
http://raw.wwe.com/preview.html

Wow... that's a real enticing teaser.

It's live in Austin, Texas tonight. I don't have tickets right now, but may head down to stalk Lita.
Old 12-02-02, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Don't like rumours buuuuuuuut...

[oh yeah, Y2K, tell Trish I said to call me. ]
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/col/theslammer/

Judge lowers boom on Austin

With Thanksgiving dinner behind you, start looking forward to a weekend of turkey soup, turkey salad and turkey sandwiches. So with no main meal this week, let's trot over to the table and get some tasty tidbits.

Stone Cold Steve Austin, who pleaded no contest to charges he beat his wife, was sentenced Tuesday by a San Antonio judge. Among the stipulations were a one-year probation, $1000 fine, 80 hours community work and asking the judge (via the probation office) for permission to leave the county. He also cannot drink alcohol for a year (Austin, that is, not the judge).

But don't be too surprised if on Monday's "Raw" program (in Austin), Stone Cold pays a visit - with permission, of course.

With only 27 shopping days (give or take a day) left until Christmas, perhaps you could add Rowdy Roddy Piper's new book "In the Pit with Piper: Roddy Gets Rowdy" as a stocking stuffer. You should always read a book by an author who wore a skirt to work (OK, a kilt).

Another stocking-stuffer involving Piper is today's release of the video game "Legends of Wrestling II." Roddy was not included in the first version and must have gotten rowdy about it.

Brock Lesnar suffered a cracked rib at the "Survivor Series" when he lost his title to the Big Show. Brock should be back in time to Christmas shop.

We have seen the last of Saturn. No, the planet hasn't left the solar system, but the wrestler has left the WWE. He was released but will be paid until his contract's January expiration date.

Hulk Hogan may appear Dec. 15 at the "Armageddon" event. But if he's a no-show then don't too surprised if Hogan is gone from the WWE since his contract is also up in January.

Wedding bells are ringing for former WWE stars Chyna and X Pac. No date has been set but think of the possibilities in naming a child: Xcellent, X Factor or how about X Files?

And Bam Bam Bigelow announced his retirement from the ring due to recurring back troubles. But don't count out the big guy if surgery is successful.
Old 12-02-02, 12:51 PM

I assume HBK will be "unable" defend the "world title", which will lead to a tournament or something like that for Armageddon.
Old 12-02-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've read on at least three different sites now that SCSA will be making an appearance on Raw tonight. Man, I hope that's true.
Old 12-02-02, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by waporvare
I've read on at least three different sites now that SCSA will be making an appearance on Raw tonight. Man, I hope that's true.
That might actually be worth getting a ticket for...

Of course, it'll be funny if HHH does a run-in, attacks HBK. Then SCSA runs in to clean house, per usual. Then someone throws in cans of O'Douls as we fade to black!
Old 12-02-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If that boring, annoying, whining, cry baby, pansy, wuss, hick, wife-beating Austen comes back to wrestling tonight, no matter how much I love Steiner, I don't know if I could watch wrestling ever again. Vince McMahon is such a pathetic fool for letting that guy come back it is not even funny. The guy walked out & broke his contract, b/c he is a baby & wouldn't job to Lesnar & didn't like what the writers were doing with his character, so he just quite. I hope he get's drunk & injures himself in a car accident so we never have to here is whining every again.
Old 12-02-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Come on, Sessa17 - tell us what you REALLY think

If Debra has forgiven Austin and Vince has forgiven Austin, I'm a big enough mark to forgive Austin too. I'd send him out to get squashed by Steiner as payback.

WHAT ?
Old 12-02-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by waporvare
I was thinking the exact opposite...
Old 12-02-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Sessa17
If that boring, annoying, whining, cry baby, pansy, wuss, hick, wife-beating Austen comes back to wrestling tonight, no matter how much I love Steiner, I don't know if I could watch wrestling ever again. Vince McMahon is such a pathetic fool for letting that guy come back it is not even funny. The guy walked out & broke his contract, b/c he is a baby & wouldn't job to Lesnar & didn't like what the writers were doing with his character, so he just quite. I hope he get's drunk & injures himself in a car accident so we never have to here is whining every again.
Wow. That's kinda harsh [except the jobbing part]...

To be fair, even you can admit the writing was less than stellar. [In fact i'm sure some here will say it still sucks.]

But then again, that whole "necrophilia" storyline was way cool.
Old 12-02-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by NC-36
Come on, Sessa17 - tell us what you REALLY think

If Debra has forgiven Austin and Vince has forgiven Austin, I'm a big enough mark to forgive Austin too. I'd send him out to get squashed by Steiner as payback.

WHAT ?

I like the part of him getting squashed by Steiner but that will never happen.

And how do you know Debra has forgiven Austen? She could be scared for her life so she dropped the charges or more likely she is the type of ignorant women that would not get out of an abusive relationship especially when her husband is a millionaire.

And belive me Vince is a F'n moron & forgave Austen the second after he walked out, praying that Austen would come back the next day. Vince is loyal to a fault with his boring veteran wrestlers, Taker, Rock, Kane, & above all Austen. He loves these guys so he will let them do whatever they want. These are all wrestling personalies & brand names that HE created so they all get special treatment by him.

I'm sorry Austen sends me of on rants. He is boring, has always been out of shape, can't wrestle, & above all has always been a crybaby. Even his gimmick is a cry baby, I just don't understand why people mistake it for being a "badass". All the guy does is whine, Vince screwed me out of a belt, HHH scewed me, insert name , it's always the same boring stuff with him. And I swear when he does come back(b/c it's inevitable he will be back), if he starts with that retarded "what?" garbage, I will NEVER watch WWF again & send a billion emails & viruses to their website.
Old 12-02-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well...

I bit the bullet...

The digital camera is fully charged.

Now... What sign...

(No, Cessa. I didn't say "What?" sign. )

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 12-03-02 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-02-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What?
Old 12-02-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Stone Cold sucks.

What?

I said he sucks.

What?

He sucks donkey balls.

What?

I said donkey balls.

What?

And that's the bottom line because weargle said so.
Old 12-02-02, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stone Cold will not be on RAW.
I shall not be fooled by net rumours again.
Old 12-02-02, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Maybe SCSA will pull a Kevin Nash and get injured for a year during his first match back. Hoping.... hoping....
Old 12-02-02, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

-Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam - #1 Contenders Match
-The Dudley Boyz vs. 3 Minute Warning
-Chris Jericho vs. Booker T
Old 12-02-02, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Sessa17
I agree in spirit with what you say, except the part about the car accident, but Vince has a very forgiving nature as long as profit is involved. Heck, Jimmy Snuka's best days in the WWF came after he killed his girlfriend!

On another "Raw" note, I hope they continue the battles between Maven and Chris Nowinski. It's nice to a feud with a little history behind it, instead of just throwing guys together.

Honk!
Old 12-02-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well

SCSA coming back would be great. **** anyone who says otherwise. He was part of the BEST part of RAW

Steiner is the BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY. He is a impressive as all hell.

I'm excited for HHH RVD
Old 12-02-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Oh well.

Another false rumour.

Pretty boring show.

the Dudleys were sloppy.

Book & Goldust were okay.

BBBD was funny.

Trish - Poetry in motion as usual. [Especially when she's lying on the matt. ]
Old 12-03-02, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All Vince cares about is money, and Austin will bring that in. Austin can put out quality matches, like the matches he had in 97 before the neck injury. I would personally like Austin back instead of Steiner.

Last edited by outcastja; 12-03-02 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-03-02, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i thought the final match was pretty good...
Old 12-03-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Jimmy Snuka's best days in the WWF came after he killed his girlfriend!]

What're you talking about?
Old 12-03-02, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I touched Lillian!

More pics at:
http://www.cox-internet.com/y2kfalco.../Raw/thumb.htm

I tried to include a shot of everyone I know there is a mark here for.
Old 12-03-02, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wow, you went? I went once when smackdown was in austin. Sat nearly on the ceiling, but it was OKAY. lucky
Old 12-03-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, SCSA didn't show up, but I think he will be back soon. Why? Yesterday was the first time since SCSA left that they actually showed SCSA in any way, during a commercial for the Anthology cd. All previous Anthology cd commercials didn't have SCSA on them.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.