Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Penn State at Ohio State

Old 10-25-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Penn State at Ohio State

PSU is due to win a big game. Could this be the one???
Old 10-25-02, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And Ohio State is due for their usual stinker game.
Old 10-25-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ohio State needs to save their season-ending disappointment for Michigan. That's the way of the world.

das
Old 10-25-02, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by das Monkey
Ohio State needs to save their season-ending disappointment for Michigan. That's the way of the world.

das

That's what I'm thinking as well. This season has all the makings of a big tease from Ohio State.
Old 10-25-02, 03:56 PM

Paterno hasn't won at the 'Shoe in a looooooooooooooong loooooooong time.

OSU will take this game as they will win the rest of the games on their schedule and win the Big Ten.

das Monkey, you forgot that Michigan lost their best player in the rivalry, John Cooper was fired. He's no longer on the sidelines screwing things up.
Old 10-25-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Take Penn State & 5.
Old 10-25-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by classicman2
Take Penn State & 5.

If this isn't an indication to bet the Buckeyes heavy I don't know what is.
Old 10-25-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PSU 31 OSU 28
Old 10-25-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't be too suprised to see PSU upset the bucks this weekend....that or it will be another overtime loss for PSU and Joe Pa will die from a heart attack right on the field...

Let's hope for a PSU win so Joe Pa stays with us..
Old 10-25-02, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by The Governor
PSU 31 OSU 28
OSU 27 PSU 17

Penn State is too slow for the Buckeyes. They are a good, but very basic team. I see the athleticism of the Bucks allowing them to pull out ahead. But I dont see an absolute shoot out. OSU will ride in to the Michigan game undefeated.

But what do I know, as I almost always predict that OSU will be undefeated and I am usually proven wrong.
Old 10-25-02, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Penn State can stop the run they will win big,OSU's QB is Kordell like so I wouldnt count on him.

If Penn State cant run the ball with my boy Larry Johnson then where in for a long game,look for Zack Mills to be on his A game as always if he can find the other Johnson.

If it goes into OT OSU will win,but as always if we dont win I know the Wolverines can take care of things as they always do,if OSU is undefeated going against the Wolverines they will lose.

PSU 24
OSU 21
Old 10-25-02, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by DVDHO
If Penn State can stop the run they will win big,OSU's QB is Kordell like so I wouldnt count on him.
Craig Krenzel reminds you of Kordell???

Krenzel reminds of Joe Germaine. Not a great scrambler but if needed, can scramble. He also has a pretty accurate arm and has been looking more and more impressive each game. Gamble, Jenkins, and Vance are also 3 very good recievers so he has targets to throw to.

Maybe you're thinking about Steve Bellisari that reminds you Kordell. Bellisorry was a CB converted to a QB. He could run but he wasn't that great of a passer. Bellisucky did look good in his last game verus South Carolina.

Clarett is too much for Penn State's defense or any defense. This kid is a great runner (as most people already know). OSU's d-line is pretty good at stopping the run so PSU might have to rely on their passing game and that'd conflict with Mike Doss (arguably the best SS in NCAA) and Donnie Nickey.

My prediction:
OSU- 31
PSU- 21
Old 10-26-02, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Krenzel aint all that,I know he's better then Bellisorry but Krenzel has had some terrible games against some terrible teams,if it wasnt for the run OSU would prolly have a few losses under there belt even Northwestern the worst rush D in all of college stoped Clarett and played a decent game against OSU so anything's possible in the Big Ten.
Old 10-26-02, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Ranger02

OSU will take this game as they will win the rest of the games on their schedule and win the Big Ten.
Which would tie them for the championship, unless Iowa loses one.
Old 10-26-02, 02:44 AM

Paterno picks up a game on Bowden this weekend.
Old 10-26-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ranger02
Craig Krenzel reminds you of Kordell???

Krenzel reminds of Joe Germaine. Not a great scrambler but if needed, can scramble. He also has a pretty accurate arm and has been looking more and more impressive each game. Gamble, Jenkins, and Vance are also 3 very good recievers so he has targets to throw to.

Maybe you're thinking about Steve Bellisari that reminds you Kordell. Bellisorry was a CB converted to a QB. He could run but he wasn't that great of a passer. Bellisucky did look good in his last game verus South Carolina.

Clarett is too much for Penn State's defense or any defense. This kid is a great runner (as most people already know). OSU's d-line is pretty good at stopping the run so PSU might have to rely on their passing game and that'd conflict with Mike Doss (arguably the best SS in NCAA) and Donnie Nickey.

My prediction:
OSU- 31
PSU- 21
Has the OSU faced a pass rush yet like they are going to see today? OSU won't pass on Penn State, they have to have a good running game to win it. I am sticking with my PSU upset prediction.
Old 10-26-02, 03:37 PM
Premium Member

It's go time!

Go Buckeyes!
Old 10-26-02, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crap.....Penn State is down 13-7 at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Old 10-26-02, 06:35 PM

Buckeyes Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Gamble for Heisman!

Fight the team across the field
Show them Ohio's here,
Set the earth reverberating
With a mighty cheer,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hit them hard and see how they fall,
Never let that team get the ball,
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
So let's win that old conference now.

OSU - 13
PSU - 7
FINAL
Old 10-26-02, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, that convincing victory has turned me into a believer
Old 10-26-02, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Originally posted by clemente
Yes, that convincing victory has turned me into a believer
Yeah, that 9-0 record sure does suck...

(and did you even watch the game, OSU did pretty much dominate even though the score didn't reflect.)

Last edited by The Cow; 10-26-02 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-26-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great game by the OSU defense. Wasn't too impressed with the offense but the D really held PSU in check. Gamble for Heisman? No Way! Pass interference on 4th and 6, Yes. But that didn't win or lose the game. He did have a nice return on a gimme interception. They definitely deserved to win.
Old 10-26-02, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by The Governor
Great game by the OSU defense. Wasn't too impressed with the offense but the D really held PSU in check. Gamble for Heisman? No Way! Pass interference on 4th and 6, Yes. But that didn't win or lose the game. He did have a nice return on a gimme interception. They definitely deserved to win.
That pass interference call did *lose* the game for Penn State. Of course Penn State wouldn't necessarily have won had it been called correctly either. A few breaks for Penn State and it could have gone their way too (i.e. the two almost duplicate clips on punt returns that both teams had on each other. Penn State was called for it and Ohio State wasn't. JoePa definitely let them know about it as well at that point too).

It'll be interesting to see which team, Michigan or Ohio State, gets more "favored treatment" by the refs in the final game this year for both of those teams. Up until this point, both have been given a lot of breaks against other teams.

Certainly Michigan couldn't get enough breaks to overcome the whuppin' they got from Iowa today. Their fourth worst home loss in history, their worst since before Bo coached in 1967, and probably their worst homecoming loss ever. Man that was a fun game to watch!

I'm not sure I can be made "a believer" in Ohio State this year, since Iowa won't get to play them at all...
Old 10-26-02, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by classicman2
Take Penn State & 5.
Ooh. So close. And yet, so far.