Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Where do you buy NFL tickets?

Old 10-22-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where do you buy NFL tickets?

Ok say what you want but I want to go to Darryl Green's last game Dec. 29th at home against the Cowboys. This is a skins game of course. I checked ebay but hell they want more for tix than a ticket broker and worse seats.

I found endzone seats 100 level (lower) for $217 each. Was wondering if you guy knew of a place that I didn't for getting tix especially Redskins tix.

thanks
Old 10-22-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

The best price you'll get is to go to the stadium and scalp before the game. I think you could get a good deal even though it is a Cowboys game and it is Green's last game - that game will likely be meaningless, it is btwn the holidays (meaning a lot out of town), and it will be very cold.
Old 10-22-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're probably right. I remember an article on ESPN on last year's super bowl. The writer bought tickets at the game for $60 each bargaining with scalpers. Although it's illegal it can be done. Though since I'm traveling I'd rather not have to worry about bargaining for a seat.
Old 10-22-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by kantonburg
You're probably right. I remember an article on ESPN on last year's super bowl. The writer bought tickets at the game for $60 each bargaining with scalpers. Although it's illegal it can be done. Though since I'm traveling I'd rather not have to worry about bargaining for a seat.

There are scalpers galore outside FedEx every game and I don't think it is illegal in PG County. Trust me - you'll do much better scalping than going through brokers or ebay.
Old 10-22-02, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really? I know it's illegal in VA but wasn't sure about PG. I'd like to find so info on that. The person I'm going with wants to go the the Skins/Giants game. He's a huge Giants fan and to be honest it really doesn't matter to me. We have family in Fairfax so we could just stay with them.

Red Dog have you ever negotiated with scalpers? If so any tips?
Old 10-22-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by kantonburg
Really? I know it's illegal in VA but wasn't sure about PG. I'd like to find so info on that. The person I'm going with wants to go the the Skins/Giants game. He's a huge Giants fan and to be honest it really doesn't matter to me. We have family in Fairfax so we could just stay with them.

Red Dog have you ever negotiated with scalpers? If so any tips?

I have scalped a few times at FedEx and a few times at Ravens Stadium. Keep it simple - if it is just 2 of you - that's easier. If more than 2 - say 4, be flexible - go 2 & 2 if necessary. Be patient even if it requires missing opening kickoff. Walk through the lots an hour before the game - the scalpers will be all over the place - see what they are offering (print out a seating chart and bring it with you) and make a counteroffer. The closer to gametime, the lower the price so when you hit a point that you are comfortable with, buy. Redskins tickets are very expensive so if you are only paying $20 or $30 over face 30 minutes (or more) before the game starts, that is a pretty good deal.

Also - If you go, I suggest getting there 2 hours prior to the game to avoid traffic and park at the huge church next to Stadium right off Arena Dr ($25).
Old 10-23-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The laws vary from state to state. In NYC it's illeagal to sell tickets in front of the building/stadium or within 1000 feet of it. Guilianni passed that as a "quality of life" law ( but we all know he was kissing Steinbrenner's butt so he wouldn't move the team to New Jersey).

But if you go across the Hudson River in New Jersey you'll find people selling tickets openly in the parking lot.

A good thing to do is ask a police at the stadium on game day what the law is and where you can get tickets, that's if you decide to go that route.
Old 10-23-02, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We're really considering it. I mean if we can't get tix for some reason we can just go have fun in Fairfax for the weekend. Plenty to do there cept looking over your shoulder every second of the day these days.
Old 12-28-02, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How cool....my fiance's brother got my Skins tix for tomorrows game against the Cowboys. Club Level too.

I'm so hyped I don't know what to do. I do know I'm off to the Redskins store here in a few to get prepped.

My first NFL game. Been to many college but this is going to be special.