Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 10/21/02

Old 10-22-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Raw 10/21/02

Would you please stop with all the horrible pairing of seemingly random people to create tag-team main events?! ARGH!!

And.. for God's sake.. just how muxh air time does Triple H need? Did we really need to seem him molest a dead body?!

No good matches tonight.. even the Al Snow vs Tommy Dreamer was pretty weak.. I didn't even bother watching the "main event".. Jericho made the best of the bad match he was put into as usual, and his promo was the best!! But other than that.. a very sad followup to a VERY sad PPV.
Old 10-22-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Oh my God, I screwed your brains out!" actually made me laugh, despite my intellect telling me not to.
Old 10-22-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After reading what happened, I'm glad that I decided not to watch. Something has to be done before it goes further down the toilet.
Old 10-22-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

HHH did make me laugh in his segment as the pseudo-Kane, but that was all really uncalled for. This show was just an hour south of me, glad I didn't waste money on scalped tickets.
Old 10-22-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Worst. Raw. Ever.
Old 10-22-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Did WWE know that MNF was going to commercial right as that sketch started?

Am I blind not to know that this was HHH?

Was that really the bookers' brains that was found in the coffin?

Did anybody else see the angle with Stacy coming a mile away when she dropped the rope for Test?

I think that Coach's look pretty much said it all.

Sad.
Old 10-22-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The following is a message on WWE.com:

In a blatant attempt to create controversy and further enhance the character of The Triple H Show’s chief antagonist Triple H, last night’s The Triple H Show on TNN (rated TV-14 LVD) presented an alleged act of necrophilia.

Triple H, poorly disguised as his chief adversary Kane, presented a skit in a funeral home using a mannequin that simulated the body of Kane’s former girlfriend Katie Vick.

WWE Executive Producer Kevin Dunn, stated that numerous warnings to WWE The Triple H Show viewers about sensitive subject matter did air prior to the segment. “While the subject matter is sensitive, on balance this was an attempt at dark humor capitalizing on the popularity of programs such as CSI, Six Feet Under and X-Files,” said Dunn.
Old 10-22-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sucked big time. I barely watched any of it. The necrophilia moment was about as low as anything i've ever seen anywhere. They need to fire all the writers and get rid of half the no talent ass clowns on the roster. Even Vince Russo wouldn't have wrote crap like that.
Old 10-22-02, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I chuckled slightly at it. It WAS the most amusing Trips has ever been.. but still.. it went on forever (the skit.. Trips only lasted about 25 seconds with the mannequien).

BTW.. View, I like how you filtered "Raw" to "The Triple H Show" hehe.. no kidding.

Easily the worst Raw of the year. Nobody is watching it to see these poorly done "stories" carry out. They want to see people beat each other up. Sigh.
Old 10-22-02, 02:14 PM

They even screwed up the ending with HHH in the trunk. If you stuck around that long, you may have noticed after Kane put HHH in the trunk of the car and started to drive off that the trunk lid bounced up and was opened.

Nice crowd too, not that it is anywhere near their fault for a bad show. But it was too funny when Bischoff made his grand announcement about the Elimination Chamber. He was all serious and watching for the crowd's reaction. It seemed like he stood there for about ten minutes listening to the crickets chirp and he finally turned around and left. The crowd was dead silent.

At this point I don't know what the WWE can do to turn things around. They waste talent and destroy established wrestlers with poor storylines. Maybe they could do like WCW did a couple of times. Have a "Best of" show while the writers come up with something totally new. The next week everyone comes back all pumped up and ready to go but lo and behold, it still sucks. That would be the nails in the coffin. What would HHH do if he couldn't take up an hour of tv time on Monday nights?
Old 10-22-02, 02:20 PM

I have been watching WWF/WWE on Monday nights for around 16 years, vary rarely missing an episode. Wether it be Primetime Wrestling or Monday Night Raw. WWE dropped to an absolute low last night. I really don't know if I want to watch next Monday or not. If I have something else to do then I'm going to forget about watching it. The HHH segment made me sick. JR gives me a huge headache every Monday as well. "Good gawd almighty, he's crazier than a pet coon, beating him like a government mule, son of a bitch, boomer sooner, that cage must be 40 feet high, Randy Orton. slobberknocker, bar-b-cue sauce!" What in God's name happend to JR? He has lost his damn mind, it's like I'm listening to a wrestling videogame with bad commentary. Maybe it is time the WWE looks into hiring fans as their writers!
Old 10-22-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll just watch Smackdown
Old 10-22-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by viscera
"Good gawd almighty, he's crazier than a pet coon, beating him like a government mule, son of a bitch, boomer sooner, that cage must be 40 feet high, Randy Orton. slobberknocker, bar-b-cue sauce!"
you must be a member of the rajahwwf.com forums..
Old 10-22-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by vapoRware
Sucked big time. I barely watched any of it. The necrophilia moment was about as low as anything i've ever seen anywhere. They need to fire all the writers and get rid of half the no talent ass clowns on the roster. Even Vince Russo wouldn't have wrote crap like that.
I didn't think they could top the Boss Man riding on Big Show's fathers coffin skit from the Death Of Big Show's Dad angle a few years back but, low and behold, bingo!
Old 10-22-02, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by pixyboi
you must be a member of the rajahwwf.com forums..
I'm a member but I haven't visited the forums for a very long time, JR is just that mind numbing!
Old 10-22-02, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
I didn't think they could top the Boss Man riding on Big Show's fathers coffin skit from the Death Of Big Show's Dad angle a few years back but, low and behold, bingo!
Ah yes, that angle was funny IMO. That might be because anything involving the Big Show is humerous. The HHH skit last night was a whole new animal. They really kicked several people in nuts with that one.
Old 10-22-02, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that they have hit bottom, they will have to scrape the bottom for a while. Only then can the veil of stupidity be lifted and the rebuilding begin.

I believe it can and will get worse, as only Vince McMahon can do it. Just you watch.

Pathetic.
Old 10-22-02, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish WCW was never bought by Vince.
Old 10-22-02, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
did his dad actually die or was this all planned to get a few laughs
Old 10-22-02, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
did his dad actually die or was this all planned to get a few laughs
Paul Wright's father did actually die, but it happened a year or so before the skits.
Old 10-23-02, 12:31 AM

I just got an inkling about what the Chamber of Elimination might be at Survivor Series. I bet that you actually have to KILL the person to eliminate them! On another note, I hear that next week they are having a poopstain on a pole match, where the winner will have to make their opponent eat feces from the underwear hanging on the pole.
Old 10-23-02, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GuessWho
"Oh my God, I screwed your brains out!" actually made me laugh, despite my intellect telling me not to.

I laughed my a-- off! That was funny, in a dark way of course.

As for the scene, that was pushing the envelope, and to many people it was very offensive. But hey, it's just an angle!
Old 10-23-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Da Thrilla

I laughed my a-- off! That was funny, in a dark way of course.

As for the scene, that was pushing the envelope, and to many people it was very offensive. But hey, it's just an angle!
Yes it's just an angle, but it lasted like 30 minutes. 30 minutes tat could have gone to WRESTLING. Or at least developing INTERESTING characters. Triple H, Kane, Undertaker, and Brock need to stop taking up 80% of these shows. The best part of Raw was Jericho and Christian barking at Trish And the ebst part of Smackdown every week is Kurt Angle and Eddie..
Old 10-23-02, 06:09 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stephanie McMahon guests on Howard Stern's E! Show tonight (Wednesday10/23) at 11:00PM with a repeat at 2:30 AM EST if anyone's interested.
Old 10-23-02, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pixyboi
Yes it's just an angle, but it lasted like 30 minutes.
Can you imagine if you paid the $50 or whatever for tickets so you could watch that on the monitor for that whole time? I kept flipping back and forth to see when that was over and it just NEVER WENT AWAY!!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.