Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

I am an angry Redskins fan!

Old 10-21-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
I disagree - the Skins were in good shape cap-wise. Their middle 3 OL are different than last year. Certainly Marty would have spent the money to retain those guys or bring in other good ones. He brought last year's center, Cory Raymer, with him to SD.
The biggest thing that Marty did was get the Skins way under the cap. With that money, and considering the type of gameplan that he employed, I am sure he would have gone after the Skins' two biggest needs: interior offensive line and defensive line.
Old 10-21-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But Spurrier will have to completely rehaul the lineup, which is why you won't see the Redskins make a serious run for another two years.
And maybe not even then.

What do they do about a quarterback? Stephen Davis can't be happy, I give it 50-50 whether or not he is here next year. Darrell Green and Bruce Smith are almost certain to retire. We shuffle wide receivers constantly.
Old 10-21-02, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Brian Shannon
The Redskins defense is currently ranked 11th.

Yeah but they're ranked 25th in scoring defense, giving up an average of 27.8 ppg.
Old 10-21-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

And maybe not even then.

What do they do about a quarterback? Stephen Davis can't be happy, I give it 50-50 whether or not he is here next year. Darrell Green and Bruce Smith are almost certain to retire. We shuffle wide receivers constantly.

Davis has a built-in out since he counts $11M against the cap next year. He could pass on renegotiation and he would become a UFA.
Old 10-21-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by zak52
Yeah but they're ranked 25th in scoring defense, giving up an average of 27.8 ppg.

Keep in mind though that the offense has committed quite a number of turnovers deep in their own territory. I don't think they are as good as 11th but I don't think that they are as bad as 25th. Either way, they have been a disappointment.
Old 10-21-02, 01:06 PM

And maybe not even then.

Green and Smith retiring will be good. They have sizable contracts, from what I understand.

Using 20/20 hinsight, the Skins obviously should have nabbed Bledsoe. I don't think Snyder has the patience it requires to groom and develop a young quarterback.
Old 10-21-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Yancey
Green and Smith retiring will be good. They have sizable contracts, from what I understand.

Using 20/20 hinsight, the Skins obviously should have nabbed Bledsoe. I don't think Snyder has the patience it requires to groom and develop a young quarterback.

I don't think Bledsoe would be able to produce on a consistent basis with this horrible OL. Plus there is nothing comparable to Moulds & Price at WR in Washington.
Old 10-21-02, 01:13 PM
Banned

Why not be a Philly fan instead?
Old 10-21-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by mysterX

I think I would kill myself before I go that far.
Old 10-21-02, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mysterX
I was born in Philadelphia. I am not an Eagles fan primarily because of their fans. Possibly the worst experience ever at the Monday Night game a few weeks back.
Old 10-21-02, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Yancey

Bledsoe would be on the IR with the shape our O-Line is in
Old 10-21-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

did you really think the Skins were going to be contenders this year? how can you really be upset with the current state of affairs knowing what has transpired? the players have to learn yet another system and that doesn't happen overnight. this is a .500 team (it should be by the end of the year.) they have a lot of excellent pieces in place but there are still a few key positions to be filled. they will take care of that in the off-season. no doubt they will have a decent pick and i'm hoping they can trade down to end up with a couple of first rounders.

obviously spurrier likes to throw the ball so grabbing a top quality wideout is a given. we can't continue to play LG roulette so look for that to be addressed as well. with b smith retiring and our pass rush nearly non-existent a speedy DE is also a need. last but not least our safeties are total garbage and need to replaced. so as i see it we are really only about 4 pieces away from contending....assuming Ramsey gets to start the rest of the way and can be the man next year...obviously that is a big if. but we have a lot of talent. Davis, Samuels, Jansen, Arrington, Trotter, Bailey, and Smoot are an excellent core to build around. this team should be much improved come next year.
Old 10-21-02, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

did you really think the Skins were going to be contenders this year? how can you really be upset with the current state of affairs knowing what has transpired?
No I never thought they would be good, 8-8 at best. I am upset because we were 8-8 last year with an established coach. Patrick Ramsey will be lucky to survive the season without serious injury.

Part of being a fan is hoping for the best. Which is what I am doing, for yet another season.
Old 10-21-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am an angry Redskins fan!
You and my husband both.
Chubby's boys need help.
BTW, I head tix are sold out for YEARS, especially Season tix...so at least you are lucky you can go and watch them lose live.
mini
Old 10-22-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by minifigg
You and my husband both.
Chubby's boys need help.
BTW, I head tix are sold out for YEARS, especially Season tix...so at least you are lucky you can go and watch them lose live.
mini
yeah, cause as a new york rangers season ticket holder i know it's much more fun to see your team lose live.
Old 10-22-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, WTF is up with the Redskins having 2 different logos on the home and away uni's.
That is just plain TACKY. (See the Diamondbacks for the true def. of tacky....) Any insider Season Ticket Holder info on THAT one?
mini
Old 10-22-02, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by minifigg
BTW, WTF is up with the Redskins having 2 different logos on the home and away uni's.
That is just plain TACKY. (See the Diamondbacks for the true def. of tacky....) Any insider Season Ticket Holder info on THAT one?
mini

The home uniforms are special this year - to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the franchise. I love the home uniforms, especially the spear/feather on the helmet.

Did you see the Cleveland uniforms on Sunday - orange jerseys - they looked like Clemson.

Of course, the reason they do all these things is to sell more jerseys - $$$$.
Old 10-22-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The home uniforms are special this year - to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the franchise. I love the home uniforms, especially the spear/feather on the helmet.

Did you see the Cleveland uniforms on Sunday - orange jerseys - they looked like Clemson.

Of course, the reason they do all these things is to sell more jerseys - $$$$.
I'm hoping they don't embarrass themselves too bad Sunday night with the 70 greatest being there and all. Hopefully we can keep the Colts down this week.
Old 10-22-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

THANKS!
Now, if Chubby's Boys could only win occaisionally, there might be a 71st season.

mini
Old 10-23-02, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hey, at least you're not a Bengals, fan...that is all I can say...(I still, just barely, consider myself one)
Old 10-23-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This dude is finding out what the big league's are all about,this dude needs to go back to the college game,he still dont know all the NFL rules yet he's that clueless,sad thing about it I seen it coming from a mile away,good luck next year.
Old 10-23-02, 10:08 PM
Premium Member

Originally posted by DVDHO
This dude is finding out what the big league's are all about,this dude needs to go back to the college game,he still dont know all the NFL rules yet he's that clueless,sad thing about it I seen it coming from a mile away,good luck next year.
Even though he wasn't a standout, he did play in the NFL (the "big league") for 9 years as a QB, he probably does know the rules

I can't stand the guy, but he does have some football knowledge...
Old 10-24-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was born in Philadelphia. I am not an Eagles fan primarily because of their fans. Possibly the worst experience ever at the Monday Night game a few weeks back.
Are you forgetting the Bodybag game from, oh say ten years ago? That game was painful.
Old 10-24-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No I never thought they would be good, 8-8 at best. I am upset because we were 8-8 last year with an established coach. Patrick Ramsey will be lucky to survive the season without serious injury.

Part of being a fan is hoping for the best. Which is what I am doing, for yet another season.
The Redskins can still be 8-8 this year though. They haven't lost to any bad teams or even decent teams. Only good, playoff teams. I think it's a bit quick to react like this. Give Spurrier some time. Sure there's been mistakes, but there's also been positives. Don't make rush decisions and have patience.
Old 10-24-02, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Jericho
The Redskins can still be 8-8 this year though. They haven't lost to any bad teams or even decent teams. Only good, playoff teams. I think it's a bit quick to react like this. Give Spurrier some time. Sure there's been mistakes, but there's also been positives. Don't make rush decisions and have patience.

Heck I'll be happy if they go 4-12 so long as the 2 additional victories are against Dallas.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.