Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE No Mercy PPV This Weekend!!!

Old 10-18-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE No Mercy PPV This Weekend!!!

...does anyone actually care?

If it weren't for the fact that I can catch it for free, I wouldn't even bother with it. The tag match between Angle and Benoit against Rey Rey and Edge should be a good one, but aside from that, not much to see.
Old 10-18-02, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just for S&G, I just went to Ticket-raper and asked for two seats 'best available', and row 2 Floor seats are still available! Amazing, for what the wwe website calls "this Sunday's must-see pay-per-view experience, No Mercy."

I'm excited about the belt consolidation match. It's great to finally get rid of that unimportant Intercontinental Belt, and put that HHH back into the spotlight.

Could someone just make an svcd of the tag match and burn it for me? I'll paypal ya the cost of the cd-r and postage! Though I really wouldn't expect a Guerrero/Guerrero run-in during THAT match.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 10-18-02 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-18-02, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Wow, I had no idea a PPV was coming up. I wonder how many seats the WWE will buy up and give out to make the place look packed.
Old 10-18-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm going to watch it....wouldn't pay for it, though.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is see Rey Mysterio Jr.
It sucks that I don't get smackdown....
Old 10-18-02, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is there some way the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar could both lose?
Old 10-18-02, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Of course, I care. I'm a hardcore WWE fan so I'll watch it, nevermind the fact that I'm getting it for free (legally).

Most of the matches aren't intriguing but Torrie Wilson in lingerie will be worth it.
Old 10-18-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me when wrestling starts caring about the product again
Old 10-19-02, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is it just me, or since Vince bought and shut down WCW has the WWF/E steadily dropped in quality?

A lack of competition hurting motivation? With no-one nipping at his heels, Vince seems to have lost his edge, and the wrestlers (some of them anyway) seem to have become more lazy in the ring - some of the matches have been pretty weak.

BRING BACK ECW!!

Hell, bring back WCW, I don't care, but get some serious competition for the WWE and the quality of the shows should improve.

I haven't seen any of the new NWA all pay per view TNA shows, but it seems that they've got some talent on their roster. It would be nice if they could get a TV contract from USA or FX. Give me almost ANY new wrestling organization.

And, honestly, I haven't watched the WWE since July.

Vince better do something soon, or his empire will disappear.
Old 10-19-02, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NWA TNA is good...imo

It's not sports entertainment, it's wrestling; usually good, long matches.
Old 10-19-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wait wait..

The IC belt is being gotten rid of???

That's ****ing stupid.

I haven't watched in over a month and I'm sure as hell not going to start now.
Old 10-21-02, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

excellent PPV tonight, the wrestling was good from top to bottom, if they could put together some decent storylines we'd really have something. Talent wise they have best rotster ever assembled.
Old 10-21-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good wrestling on the PPV. A big to Angle,Benoit, Edge, and Mysterio, that was a solid match.

While they are both stiff workers, I admire Lesnar and Taker for putting on such a brutal match. I think Taker must have injured and artery because the blood was practically fountaining out of his head.
Old 10-21-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Too bad no one was expecting a good PPV. Then they might have had alot more views that were paid.

Who here saw it, and of you, who paid a cable/satellite company for it? (vs. going to Hooters or other viewing methods)

I guess I'll try and see the tag team match. That's all I really wanted to see anyway.
Old 10-21-02, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched and I was quite entertained. No cable or satellite company got my money. My family is lucky enough to get PPV comp'ed.
Too bad there wasn't much happening storyline-wise. Angle/Benoit vs. Edge/Mysterio was a great match. That's the way everyone should build up a finish to a match.
Old 10-22-02, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just had to chime in and also say the tag match was really good. Benoit and Angle are two of my favorite wrestlers, and it's great to see them as a team. I haven't really been keeping up with the WWE, but I'll always check out those two guys. I have liked Angle since his first match in the WWE. I think his personality and wrestling ability are top-notch. Benoit's mic skills aren't that great, but I think he sells every move ridiculously well. He looks like an animal in the ring, and I love it.