Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

NCAA Football: Ga Tech vs Maryland

Old 10-17-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

NCAA Football: Ga Tech vs Maryland

7:30 ET Georgia Tech vs. Maryland
Stat Matchup

well.. earlier in the year, this one might have looked like a good game to watch
but considering half of the tech team is gone, and just lost to wake forest..
I doubt it will be much of a matchup

but it will be another game of old assistant coach coming up against his former team.. i guess that might spark some interest
Old 10-17-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

This game will likely determine who finishes 3rd in the ACC (NC St and FSU should be 1-2). Last year's game was a classic - probably one of the best finishes of last season. Go Terps.
Old 10-17-02, 01:52 PM
Retired

I'm pissed abou this game. FSU got 2 days off for a Thursday night game, and I don't even get out of my Thursday evening class at UMD!

To top it off, I can't park in my normal lot (which I paid $140 for a permit for) and have to park clear on the other side of campus and either wait for a shuttle bus, or trek the 30 minute walk to class.

So now I'm going to have to leave for class at least an hour earlier than normal to fight traffic and park a mile or two away from my class.

Plus I'm a WVU fan and hate UMD football. Hopefully GT will kick the crap out of them. The Terps getting embarassed on national TV again would at least make me feel a little better.
Old 10-17-02, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NC STATE will OWN the ACC
Old 10-17-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I'm pissed abou this game. FSU got 2 days off for a Thursday night game, and I don't even get out of my Thursday evening class at UMD!

Yeah but in defense of FSU, we all know that Tallahassee traffic is so much worse than traffic around D.C.
Old 10-17-02, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by moorehed
NC STATE will OWN the ACC
wake me up when they play a real team

August 24 New Mexico W 34-14 1-0 (0-0 ACC)
August 31 East Tenn. St. W 34-0 2-0 (0-0 ACC)
September 7 at Navy W 65-19 3-0 (0-0 ACC)
September 14 Wake Forest W 32-13 4-0 (1-0 ACC)
September 21 at Texas Tech W 51-48 5-0 (1-0 ACC)
September 28 Massachusetts W 56-24 6-0 (1-0 ACC)
October 12 at North Carolina W 34-17 7-0 (2-0 ACC)
October 19 Duke 12:00 PM ET -
October 24 at Clemson 7:45 PM ET -
November 2 Georgia Tech TBA -
November 9 at Maryland TBA -
November 16 at Virginia TBA -
November 23 No. 14 Florida State TBA -

Old 10-17-02, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

we will play each and every team in the ACC and own them all... that's all it takes to own the acc. not our fault they all SUKKKKEKEKEK
Old 10-18-02, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

To top it off, I can't park in my normal lot (which I paid $140 for a permit for) and have to park clear on the other side of campus and either wait for a shuttle bus, or trek the 30 minute walk to class.

So now I'm going to have to leave for class at least an hour earlier than normal to fight traffic and park a mile or two away from my class.

Plus I'm a WVU fan and hate UMD football. Hopefully GT will kick the crap out of them. The Terps getting embarassed on national TV again would at least make me feel a little better.
So if you hate Maryland so much, then why don't you go to your beloved West Virginia?

One of my best friends is like that too. Hates everything to do with U of M, but that degree sure is making him a nice salary. I don't hear him complaining about that!
Old 10-18-02, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

At the start of the season, I thought GT would be lucky if they won 5 games, and they are proving me right so far. Losing to Wake last week almost guarentees them a losing season. Sigh...
Why did we have to lose our big running back?
Old 10-18-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DarkElf
So if you hate Maryland so much, then why don't you go to your beloved West Virginia?

One of my best friends is like that too. Hates everything to do with U of M, but that degree sure is making him a nice salary. I don't hear him complaining about that!
So you believe that you have some sort of obligation to a school that you gave money to for an education?
Old 10-18-02, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Great 2nd half effort from the Terps. E.J. Henderson is awesome. Good to see that they have a found a suitable replacement for RB Bruce Perry. They look like they are on track to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference, which is exactly what I predicted. The NC State game will be huge for them. If they run the table (and assuming FSU does not lose more than 1 conf game), they would likely go to the Gator Bowl. A 2nd straight New Years Day bowl would be huge for the MD program. A 3rd place finish would put them in the Peach. Pretty big difference.
Old 10-18-02, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

not our fault they all SUKKKKEKEKEK
Finally - a man that really knows football.
Old 10-18-02, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk God

we will play each and every team in the ACC and own them all... that's all it takes to own the acc. not our fault they all SUKKKKEKEKEK

Yeah it reminds me of the Big-8 and SWC in the 80s. I wonder if the ACC bashers were just as critical of those conferences in the 80s.
Old 10-18-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Is it true that one Big 12 university has won more national championships in football than the entire ACC?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 10-18-02, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by classicman2
Is it true that one Big 12 university has won more national championships in football than the entire ACC?

Inquiring minds want to know.

It sure ain't Texas. Besides, prior to mid-90s, the Big-12 was really the Big-8 which was really a Big-2.
Old 10-18-02, 11:07 AM
Retired

Originally posted by DarkElf

I went to WVU for my undergrad. I would have stayed there for grad school, but they don't have a criminology program (plus UMDs is one of the top ones in the country.

I don't hate everything to do with UMD, I just hate the football team as that is one of our big rivalries. And I hate that the frigging stadium is right in the middle of campus, and I can't park in the space I paid $140 for during a class the evening of the friggin game, when most big schools cancel classes on Thursdays when there is a game.

At any rate, I wasn't aware that being a fan of the football team or the schools policies (I hated how WVU ran things as well) was a requirement of getting a degree?

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 10-18-02 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-18-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
we will play each and every team in the ACC and own them all...
You haven't played the Hoos yet. Or Md, or FSU.

Over-Rated *clap clap clapclapclap*
Old 10-18-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Philip Rivers and his rag arm will be exposed when he comes to College Park!