DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   Pens vs Thrashers (all you baseball fans) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/244021-pens-vs-thrashers-all-you-baseball-fans.html)

ElementZ 10-17-02 12:04 AM

Pens vs Thrashers (all you baseball fans)

Did anyone happen to catch the Pittsburgh Penguins and Atlanta Thrashers hockey game tonite. The commentators threw out a pretty funny, and true imo, diss to baseball.

In the first period Alexei Morozov got cut for 50 stitches after getting hit in the ear wit the puck. In the 3rd period when he was getting ready to come back and play, with all 50 stitches intact, one commentator said "Imagine if a baseball player got 50 stitches, he would be on the injured reserve for 3 months" and the other guy said "more like 3 years"

Hilarious

Hockey is the toughest sport out of the 4 major ones. No doubt

broadwayblue 10-17-02 11:48 AM

is Morozov ok? i have him on my fantasy team and he was tearing it up.

twikoff 10-17-02 11:51 AM

Re: Pens vs Thrashers (all you baseball fans)

Originally posted by ElementZ
Did anyone happen to catch the Pittsburgh Penguins and Atlanta Thrashers hockey game tonite. The commentators threw
only problem is that the comments were made during a hockey game
so only 50 people heard them ;)

Bust 10-17-02 11:56 AM

Re: Re: Pens vs Thrashers (all you baseball fans)

Originally posted by twikoff
only problem is that the comments were made during a hockey game
so only 50 people heard them ;)

Come on now...

Calling them people is an insult to the rest of us.

The Governor 10-17-02 02:07 PM

Originally posted by broadwayblue
is Morozov ok? i have him on my fantasy team and he was tearing it up.
50 stitches. Practicing today, does not think he will miss any games. This is from www.post-gazette.com

BrewCrew 10-17-02 05:17 PM

"Imagine if a baseball player got 50 stitches, he would be on the injured reserve for 3 months" and the other guy said "more like 3 years"
These guys obviously have never seen footage of Mike Matheny getting hit square in the face with a 90MPH fastball. Blood was all over the place, but he never even went to a knee and took it like a man. The next game he started at catcher.

lordzeppelin 10-17-02 05:37 PM

Originally posted by BrewCrew
These guys obviously have never seen footage of Mike Matheny getting hit square in the face with a 90MPH fastball. Blood was all over the place, but he never even went to a knee and took it like a man. The next game he started at catcher.
Right, but Matheny was in the minority. Guys in baseball miss 3 weeks for a stubbed toe or finger...I've seen hockey players go out there with a broken jaw...Sure, there are minority stories on either side, but most of the time it's the way that Mike and Edzo (the announcers) described it.

ElementZ 10-17-02 06:44 PM

Specially come play-off time.

Look at Doug Gilmour a few years back, playing with pretty much a broken ankle. He had to get 3 needles jabbed in their during every period to freeze it.

Jason smith - Last years playoffs, they were in overtime or in 3rd period of a hockey game, and he got cut for stitches, instead of leaving the game, the doctor just stitched him up in the hall right by the bench, no freezing or anything.

Thats hockey

Look back in the early days, goaltenders playing with no masks or flimsy masks while bobby hull is shooting the puck 100 MPH +

Theres no out of bounds in hockey, nowhere to run

broadwayblue 10-17-02 07:06 PM

there are a lot more fat, lazy, cry baby baseball players than there are hockey players for sure.

Munchos 10-17-02 08:45 PM

How about Steve Yzerman leading his team to win the Stanley Cup, on ONLY one leg. Yzerman had been playing on a knee so banged up that he needed his stick to assist him in standing upright after he was knocked off his skates.