Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Giants World Series Tickets

Old 10-16-02, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Giants World Series Tickets

Tickets go on sale tomorrow for the games in SF, anyone know where to get them online? I checked Ticket Bastard but doesn't look like they'll have them?

Thanks
Old 10-16-02, 01:05 AM
Banned

Here you go...
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/N...s_sf&fext=.jsp
Old 10-16-02, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mysterX
Here you go...
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/N...s_sf&fext=.jsp
But I wouldn't get your hopes up. I tried to get Championship Series tickets when they went on sale. Spent one hour online and couldn't even get through to their website. And there are only 5000 tickets available for each game, so your odds of getting them are basically zero.
Old 10-16-02, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Matt925
But I wouldn't get your hopes up. I tried to get Championship Series tickets when they went on sale. Spent one hour online and couldn't even get through to their website. And there are only 5000 tickets available for each game, so your odds of getting them are basically zero.
what he said.

best bet is to shell out $1000 on ebay.
Old 10-16-02, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got a good connection & I've had good luck in the past, had tickets to just about every Sac. Kings home playoff game, including game 7 vs the Lakers this year & there were less than 1000 tickets for that
Old 10-16-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

how do they get you the tickets? if you buy them online today there's less than a week until the first game.
Old 10-16-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You pick them up at Will Call at the stadium (bring your confirmation#), Or you can have the tickets dispensed through several ATM's around the park (using same CC you purchased with)
Old 10-16-02, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well, if you really have connections... then... Hi buddy!

Well, most likely I wont be able to get a ticket, but I'll probably go to one of the games and watch a couple innings through the fence then finish the game at zeke's or somewhere...
Old 10-16-02, 12:36 PM

I'm leaving to golf, so can someone buy me a ticket? Thanks! I'll pay you back best friend.

Sincerely,
Luddy22
Old 10-16-02, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Luddy22
You pick them up at Will Call at the stadium (bring your confirmation#), Or you can have the tickets dispensed through several ATM's around the park (using same CC you purchased with)
so i can't buy a pair and give them to a giants fan? i could give them my confirmation number but i assume they would also need my id?
Old 10-16-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by broadwayblue
so i can't buy a pair and give them to a giants fan? i could give them my confirmation number but i assume they would also need my id?
That's one way to cut out the scalping.

mini, novice scalper...
Old 10-16-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by broadwayblue
That's pretty usual, I would think. That's the way it worked when I will-called Padres and Dodgers tickets when I took that SoCal tour a couple years back. I had to have picture ID and the original credit card to pick them up.

It would keep someone from "giving them" to "a giants fan" that they happened to meet via eBay! Now, if there were a "overnight delivery" option, that might be one thing, but I'd imagine that wouldn't be available as they'd rather just print them as you pick them up, not worry about the hassle of getting them out in a timely manner to mail them.
Old 10-16-02, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well I just tried for the last 15 minutes via phone and via online and couldn't get through.
Old 10-16-02, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dee, tee ess... See?
Well I just tried for the last 15 minutes via phone and via online and couldn't get through.
ditto

Even the sacramento/stockton lines are completely busy.
Old 10-16-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I tried all the lines listed for a couple of minutes. Dammit! 42,000 seats in the stadium and only 17,000 went up for sale.
Old 10-16-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried online as well.

mini
Old 10-16-02, 07:29 PM
Banned

You know at Pac Bell Park, you can virtually watch the game for free through fences. I don't know if they close them down with shade during the WS or not.
Old 10-17-02, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mysterX
You know at Pac Bell Park, you can virtually watch the game for free through fences. I don't know if they close them down with shade during the WS or not.
They kick people out every 3 innings to rotate the crowd... you can always do what some dude did this last weekend... get a boat, climb the mast, and watch the game for free from up there.
Old 10-17-02, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A group of friends and I tried to buy tickets online this morning. I kept trying to refresh the damn browser from 10 to 11:15. It seemed like there were fewer people trying to get in around 10:40, which at that time, I got through to the ticket selection page rather than a web-page error. I was jumping up and down at this point, thinking I managed to get in. Alas, the ticket selection page was not the last step.... and I got re-routed to the web-page error again after selecting my tickets. By 11am, there were only standing tickets left, and lower reserve seats. I gave up at 11:15.

Old 10-17-02, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not to gloat or anything (well, actually, yeah to gloat), these season tickets that I got 4 years ago (since the last year at the Stick) are finally gonna be worth it...

Old 10-17-02, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have a good time [lowers voice] you *(&*T^%%^%%^^%....

Old 10-17-02, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by mnguye10
Not to gloat or anything (well, actually, yeah to gloat), these season tickets that I got 4 years ago (since the last year at the Stick) are finally gonna be worth it...

Can I borrow your tickets for a day? I just bought a high-rez scanner and I'm looking to test how it handles black and white.

I'm thinking that a test should be given out to people attempting to purchase tickets. Questions should pertain to the 2002 Giants season and only "true" fans of the team can answer the questions correctly. This would cut out about 50-75% of the people, corporations, and scalpers.
Old 10-17-02, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

mnguye10 could be the nicest guy on the planet but now he is an *******.
Old 10-17-02, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Dee, tee ess... See?
mnguye10 could be the nicest guy on the planet but now he is an *******.
why? he paid how many thousands of dollars for the rights to those tickets?
Old 10-17-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It was a joke, bro. Just jealousy talking.

Kinda like when you sit down with a buddy at a roulette wheel and he's up a few hundred and you're losing your shorts. You wanna kick his ass, even though he's a good guy.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.