Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Raw 10/14 (hope I got the date right!)

Old 10-14-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Raw 10/14 (hope I got the date right!)

Well,since a wrestling thread actually popped up recently, I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread and give results of the show....maybe some commentary about current angles. By the way, I agree, there's a definite oversaturation at this time...or perphaps not oversauturation, but what they are putting out is rather substandard.

Match 1 of the night: Kane & Hurricane v. Chris Jericho & Christian

Jericho pins Hurricane with foot on the ropes and we've got new tag champs. I don't like the impending "Kane killed someone" angle, I was glad when Undertaker/Kane's "superpowers" angle was done with.
Old 10-14-02, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lance Storm got the win over Al Snow with a superkick...tried to use "brass knucks" supplied by Steve Regal. Here's one thing to up the quality....more clean wins, less screwjob type stuff.

Jeff Hardy got the win over Rico.

Kane comes out to confess about the "murder." He says that he and the girl were at a party, she was drunk, he drove her home. He swerved to avoid an animal, and she died in the accident. (A few "what" chants by the crowd, and when Kane was done with his speech, there was mild applause/mild boos...they didn't seem very interested). HHH comes out and says "tell the truth." HHH alledges that Kane was also drunk, and that he raped Kim (crowd chants *sshole)...again says "you killed Katie Vick. He asks if he forced her to have sex while she was alive, or did he do it to her after she died? The crowd did sound rather shocked (very audible gasps).....

This angle is going beyond what is necessary in wrestling...well, for me anyway.
Old 10-14-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't Kane burnt when he was a kid? Man, these storylines are getting pathetic. I miss the presence of Austin, Foley, and Rock.
Old 10-14-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, the storylines are just going too far....I too miss Foley and others....

Further updates: Trish & Jacqueline got the win over Molly Holly & Victoria when Jackie pinned Molly. Who cares? I do! Stacey Kiebler was the special guest ref....sweet uniform!

Apparently Eric Bischoff is doing away with the Intercontinental title. The match at the PPV between HHH and Kane will be a winner take all, I-C belt will be no more. This is so friggin distressing...that title has a damn good history to it. Now they're gonna do away with it? What's the point? It'll end up reincarnating soon enough, probably on Smackdown, just like when "World title" got unified to make the Unified title. There's ANOTHER screw up...I had no problem with them unifying those titles...but now that they've "resurrected" the World title, the Unified belt is worthless.

By the way, what is the point of the tagteam tournament on Smackdown? Are they creating new tag team titles to be exclusive to Smackdown?

Sorry about the sidetrack...in the process of announcing the dissolving of the I-C belt, Bischoff had Pat Patterson out. Can you guess what happened? That's right...another 3 minutes of wasted time. Then several wrestlers came out with leather straps (for upcoming lumberjack match) and chased off Rosey & Jamal. I wonder....do the bookers for the show actually sit down and think what story would most likely kill the heat for any heel character? "Let's see...we've got a big mobile team like Rosey & Jamal, let's go ahead and have them constantly beat up people who don't wrestle anymore."

Some sort of promo ran for a show called WWE Anthology. The music for it was Bret Hart's music, and it showed Bret Hart walking thru a curtain down to the ring. This will air on November 12, on TNN I assume.

In a very amusing moment, in the middle of a falls count anywhere match between Booker T and Big Show, we saw Ric Flair "directing traffic" as HHH drove by in a forklift or some type of machinery. By the way, Big Show got the win when Chris Jericho hit Booker with a chair in the women's locker room.

By the way, the forklift was used to trap "about half of the lumberjacks" (according to HHH)....

Randy Orton is injured...talked about himself in the third person once or twice...is he The Rock? He promoted a get well soon email address. He'll be out a few months...the crowd are all chanting the "goodbye" song...forget the name of it.

Most of the lumberjack match had all "pro-HHH" lumberjacks....a decent match, that ended just as the "good guy" lumberjacks showed up....HHH got the win....Kane came out trying to get HHH....he escaped...all the "pro HHH" 'jacks took a whipping for it.

Sorry for the tangents....hard to keep on topic when ya get upset.
Old 10-15-02, 05:59 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by harpo787

Some sort of promo ran for a show called WWE Anthology. The music for it was Bret Hart's music, and it showed Bret Hart walking thru a curtain down to the ring. This will air on November 12, on TNN I assume.
It's a CD, not a show.

Randy Orton is injured...talked about himself in the third person once or twice...is he The Rock? He promoted a get well soon email address. He'll be out a few months...the crowd are all chanting the "goodbye" song...forget the name of it.
Pretty much my thoughts, although I was thinking "Kurt Miavia". He seemed to have a little of both going.

I didn't watch the whole show...never do anymore, but I FFWD through it and what I saw looked like crap.
So Kane is now a murderer and rapist/necrophiliac? When did they bring back Vince Russo?
I'm not sure why I bother anymore.
Old 10-15-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Kane is a murderer angle has to be the worst angle in recent memory... easily.

I don't know about you all, but I am getting a little sick of Raw is HHH/HHH Zone

I ended up watching the football game instead.
Old 10-15-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like I missed a good one.

If I was watching this with my daughter or my girlfriend's son in the room, I'd have turned it during the HHH/Kane bit. That is really a bunch of barking crap of a "storyline", and not warranted. I liked liking HHH early this year when he played face to Jericho's heel right before they unified the belt. Now he is just lame.
Old 10-15-02, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

at least stacy looked good in her hotpants

however, when that is your spolight moment, it's a really bad show.
Old 10-15-02, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bad storylines are not at all unusual for wrestling, they're part of the fun. However, mentioning that a dead girl had Kane's sperm in her and questioning whether he raped her when alive or desecrated her corpse is going a tad too far. Judging from the crowd's ho-hum reaction and WHAT chants, this angle needs to end right away.

Farewell, Intercontinental Title. I'm sure we'll be seeing you again in the not-too-distant future.

Honk!
Old 10-15-02, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Necrophilia rocks!!!!

(Please sense scathing sarcasm in above remarks.)
Old 10-16-02, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good, solid show. The rating went up one-tenth of a point, but that's a good sign, considering the competition...

First of all, I just want to say the WWE is making a very big mistake in getting rid of the Intercontinental Title. It has a good, long history behind it. And also they need a secondary title. It would be something mid-carders could shoot for, because a large number of wrestlers in the Raw brand will never be World Champion.

Now on to the matches...

The Tag Title match was pretty good. I think somebody botched a spot, but that might of been later on, can't remember...but that's great for Chris Jericho and Christian to win the titles...they make a great tag-team...but what happened to the Un-Americans? I didn't see all of last week...I know Test is in trouble with management, but what exactly happened for them to break-up?

Don't really remember the order of the matches, so next is the Dreamer/Nowitski match. An ok match, but before the match, Nowitski runs into Al Snow. Nowitski makes fun of Al losing earlier (I remember now, to Lance Storm---that was also an ok match). I wonder if they will start feuding...that would be cool. Anyway, the highlight of the match was Nowitski's finisher...kind of unique...I like it.

Next is the women's match. Nothing really note-worthy except that one torture rack-tilt-a-whirl-backbreaker that Victoria did to Trish...that was cool, except it got no fan reaction
And...Stacey Keibler...tight short-shorts...

Next is the Kane/Triple H segment. Kane basically goes on about the whole situation...the canadian crowd chanting "What" *slaps forehead*. Then Triple H comes out and tells everyone that that wasn't everything that happened. He said Kane was drunk, and they found Kane's semen in Katie Vick's body. He thinks they were more that just friends. Then he asks him if he waited to do her after she died...
I was surprised he said that, and Kane's reaction was priceless.
Then after the segment the wants to be "left alone."

The Pat Patterson/Eric Bischoff/Jamal and Rosie segment was kind ok, the IC History clip was great...shows the history and presige the title has...but this Sunday it won't really matter
That was good that some people got revenge on Jamal and Rosie...

Later on was the Booker T./Big Show Falls-Count Anywhere Match...boring match, but the main part of the match wasn't even in the match...when they are in the hall, you see Ric Flair directing Triple H where to drive a forklift...you just see them walk by...I just started laughing, I had know idea what he was doing...and then the match goes into the woman's locker room...Trish is in nothing but a towel . Great stuff.

So Triple H ended up trapping the face lumberjacks for the match...later on they came out and cleaned house...the match was alright, cheap win for Triple H...good Raw leading in to the PPV...more stuff happened but I'm too tired to post more!
Old 10-16-02, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Uhhh... most of that stuff was stupid Thrilla. I think the ratings are rising not because of the storylines, but because people are tuning in to see if all this crap is actually true.