DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   NCAA Football: Oct 10th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/242608-ncaa-football-oct-10th.html)

twikoff 10-10-02 03:05 PM

NCAA Football: Oct 10th

7:30 ET Virginia Tech (4) vs. Boston College
8 ET Northwestern vs. Minnesota

BC is usually able to give va tech a little scare.. so maybe that one will be interesting

minnesota has looked pretty good.. northwestern has been horrible.. that one shouldnt be close

va tech is favored by 8
minnesota is favored by 17

Red Dog 10-10-02 03:09 PM

BC always seems to give the heavyweights problems at Chestnut Hill. I think it will be a close game but Tech will pull it out.

Dead 10-10-02 03:30 PM

Woo Hoo... a VT game to keep me occupied on a rainy Thursday night! :)

twikoff 10-10-02 03:34 PM

not oct. 10th related.. but needed a place for general ncaa football chatter :D although I guess I could go ahead and start a oct 11th thread.. cept Im about to leave.. and dont have time to put together my nice pretty game schedule :D

but UGA is 3 point favorites over Tenn
i wonder when was the last time that georgia was the fav in this game

Yancey 10-10-02 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
BC always seems to give the heavyweights problems at Chestnut Hill. I think it will be a close game but Tech will pull it out.
My thoughts exactly. And Suggs' and Jones' troubles in the game two weeks ago concerns me slightly.

Jabx 10-10-02 05:01 PM

can't wait for Arkansas at Auburn! must win or our season is basically over

mnguye10 10-10-02 05:50 PM

Erm... why do they play college football on weekdays? What ever happened to STUDENT athletes who go to class? ;)

immortal_zeus 10-10-02 09:02 PM

If BC hadn't made some crucial redzone mistakes, they'd actually be beating VT right now.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

twikoff 10-10-02 09:04 PM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
If BC hadn't made some crucial redzone mistakes, they'd actually be beating VT right now.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

yea.. BC has looked pretty bad.. but they had also had 3 redzone opportunities and came up scoreless all three times..
even if they had only kicked a FG each time, they would be leading

VT up 14-7 with under a minute left in the half

Toad 10-10-02 10:54 PM

Originally posted by twikoff

but UGA is 3 point favorites over Tenn
i wonder when was the last time that georgia was the fav in this game

Probably not recently, but UGA has beaten UT two years in a row -- still, I always hate being a favorite going into the game. This one will be close, no two ways about it.

(I'm hoping LSU-UF won't be ;))

Red Dog 10-11-02 10:30 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog

:thumbsup:

twikoff 10-11-02 10:42 AM

i watched the game and really though bc was very unimpressive and wonder why va tech did not win by a much larger margin
if bc hadnt blown all those opportunities in the red zone, they definitly would have come out with a win..

I can now see why anyone that isnt a va tech fan will group the hokies in with the rest of the over rated teams near the top of the list

Yancey 10-11-02 10:55 AM

I can now see why anyone that isnt a va tech fan will group the hokies in with the rest of the over rated teams near the top of the list

It is just one game, twikoff.

Red Dog 10-11-02 11:06 AM

Well there is Miami and then everyone else.

I didn't watch the game but I predicted the outcome - powerhouses don't seem to play their best in Boston. If I judged Miami based solely on their game vs BC last year, I wouldn't have thought much of them either.

twikoff 10-11-02 11:06 AM

Originally posted by Yancey
It is just one game, twikoff.
yep

and it only takes one game for someone to classify any other team as over rated

I have said that oklahoma and texas are both overrated.. but I guess if I can make that statement, by looking at one game.. then I probably should say the same thing about va tech.. right?

Yancey 10-11-02 11:18 AM

yep

and it only takes one game for someone to classify any other team as over rated

I have said that oklahoma and texas are both overrated.. but I guess if I can make that statement, by looking at one game.. then I probably should say the same thing about va tech.. right?

Sure, from a subjective standpoint you could say anything you like.

I didn't see the game last night, so I don't know how poorly VT looked. The AP reports have essentially said it was a close game but VT was in control. But I knew this would be a test. BC is a very good team and I would not be surprised if they only lost one more game for the rest of the season, if that, now that they've played both VT and Miami. I will say that everytime VT gets ranked this high, it makes me nervous. In the coming weeks is when past VT teams have faltered -- once they've finally proven themselves. I think this team can focus enough to prevent that, though.

Dead 10-11-02 12:44 PM

i watched the game and really though bc was very unimpressive and wonder why va tech did not win by a much larger margin

I think that part of it was coaching. There was one particular play that I remember thinking "what the???". It was a second and *very* short near midfield... so, did they take a shot down field? Nope, a QB sneak for the first down. Sure, they got the first down, but why not take the shot at points and pick up the fraction of a yard on third down if needed? :confused: