Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

For those who complained about MLB playoffs on ABC Family...

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 10-09-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk God

What do you think about having both LCS games on at the same time tonight. If you haven't heard, one of the games is FOX at 8 pm ET tonight and other game is on Fox Sports Net at the same exact time.

I had no problem with putting divisional playoff games on ABC Family but I think this is completely ludicrous. This is the first time that they have ever done this. No other league, not even the NHL or NBA puts semifinal games at the same time. Now granted, I really wasn't planning on watching either of these series unless they go 6 or 7 games, but it just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Old 10-09-02, 10:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

This is incredibly confusing.

The TV listings I find say either the NLCS game or the ALCS game is on Fox tonight, depending on market. I have two Fox channels-- one local and one from Indianapolis. Then it shows the NLCS game on Fox Sports Ohio, and the ALCS game on Fox Sports Midwest. This is on tvguide.com, other listings I've found just say that a game is on.

Unless I find something more concrete, I guess I'll just tape Fox Sports Ohio and hope tvguide.com is right(be weird for a Cardinals game to be on that channel when they aren't playing the Reds). It's not like I'll miss anything, since I'll be at Busch.

But yes, I liked the ABC Family setup better, unless I find an official schedule that shows what's what.
Old 10-09-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's a better solution than playing a game in the afternoon where there's zero chance I'd be able to watch it. At least here I can make a choice. Also I can guarantee you they won't play any deciding games at the same time.
Old 10-09-02, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by AndyCapps
This is incredibly confusing.

The TV listings I find say either the NLCS game or the ALCS game is on Fox tonight, depending on market. I have two Fox channels-- one local and one from Indianapolis. Then it shows the NLCS game on Fox Sports Ohio, and the ALCS game on Fox Sports Midwest. This is on tvguide.com, other listings I've found just say that a game is on.

Unless I find something more concrete, I guess I'll just tape Fox Sports Ohio and hope tvguide.com is right(be weird for a Cardinals game to be on that channel when they aren't playing the Reds). It's not like I'll miss anything, since I'll be at Busch.

But yes, I liked the ABC Family setup better, unless I find an official schedule that shows what's what.

Do you live in STL? If so, I know that the FOX will show the Cards game in STL. They said that on the radio this morning. Your FSN should have the other game.

Go here for a city-by-city listing of what your FOX is carrying (FSN will have the other game):
http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/v...ntentId=500116
Old 10-09-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by rabbit77
I think it's a better solution than playing a game in the afternoon where there's zero chance I'd be able to watch it. At least here I can make a choice. Also I can guarantee you they won't play any deciding games at the same time.

I get off work at 5:30. I always loved going out to a sports bar and catching the last 5 innings of a LCS game.

The least they could have done was a staggered start. Start one at 6 and the other at 8.
Old 10-09-02, 11:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Red Dog
Go here for a city-by-city listing of what your FOX is carrying (FSN will have the other game):
http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/v...ntentId=500116
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to see. Both of my Fox channels(Indianapolis and Terre Haute) are carrying the NLCS game. I'm actually pretty lucky in that my cable company carries two FSNs.

No, I don't live in St. Louis. I've got a 6 hour round trip ahead of me today.
Old 10-09-02, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by AndyCapps
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to see. Both of my Fox channels(Indianapolis and Terre Haute) are carrying the NLCS game. I'm actually pretty lucky in that my cable company carries two FSNs.

No, I don't live in St. Louis. I've got a 6 hour round trip ahead of me today.

Wow - Terre Haute is actually a city big enough to have broadcast affiliates. I figured the only thing there was the Columbia House warehouse.

I wish I lived btwn cites and got multiple affiliates on my cable system. That comes in handy on NFL Sundays.
Old 10-09-02, 11:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Red Dog
Wow - Terre Haute is actually a city big enough to have broadcast affiliates.
Unfortunately, yes, there are a couple of locals. They are what's keeping me from getting a dish. If they wouldn't cry about it, I would be able to get the Indy stations and not have to wait for this merger/expansion thing to happen.