Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Angels Vs. Spankees Part 2

Old 10-04-02, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Angels Vs. Spankees Part 2

Contiune here.
Old 10-05-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why not continue here in Game 4? The game tonight is over...
Old 10-05-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sweet necture of life. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!! go Angels.
Old 10-05-02, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by popcorn
Why not continue here in Game 4? The game tonight is over...
Yeah, I know that... The game is on tomorrow.
Old 10-05-02, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by gregx55
Sweet necture of life. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!! go Angels.
You live in Tustin? I happened to live in North Santa Ana, few blocks from Main Place mall. So, hey neighbor.
Old 10-05-02, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by McHawkson
You live in Tustin? I happened to live in North Santa Ana, few blocks from Main Place mall. So, hey neighbor.
Cool deal I know the area well.
Old 10-05-02, 12:17 AM

Great game!
Old 10-05-02, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Continued From "Angels Vs. Spankees Part 1"...
Originally posted by zuffy
How about way to spend $$$ Rangers, Red Sox, D-Backs. D-Backs is 1 game from being swept and the other 2 teams didn't even make the playoff.
Well, see zuffy, I was thinking the same thing that the announcers mentioned at the end of the game about Giambi missing Anderson's ball.

They wondered "Would Tino have caught it?"

Like I typed in THIS thread, George's stock IMO didn't go up with me after the way he treated/handled the whole Tino situation.

So...Yes I think Tino would've caught it.

I realize that Tino might not be the MVP on the Cardinals, but i'd LOVE it if he stepped up & they went on to win the whole shebang.

In other words...I don't like George much.
Old 10-05-02, 12:37 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ahh yes...I can sleep better tonight, the Yanks lost...go Angels!
Old 10-05-02, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rogue588
Continued From "Angels Vs. Spankees Part 1"... Well, see zuffy, I was thinking the same thing that the announcers mentioned at the end of the game about Giambi missing Anderson's ball.

Like I typed in THIS thread, George's stock IMO didn't go up with me after the way he treated/handled the whole Tino situation.

I realize that Tino might not be the MVP on the Cardinals, but i'd LOVE it if he stepped up & they went on to win the whole shebang.

Yup, Tino would have made that play 9/10 times. But if you compare Tino's stat, it's not even in Giambi's league or below average of many 1B players in the major.

I was sad to see Tino go but it was business and Tino know it. If the Yanks don't make it, I hope the Cardinals win it all.
Old 10-05-02, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Umm...just got back from the game - and my god...that was the most amazing game EVER!

Yes - EVER. Just like Horry is the best clutch shooter ever, this was the greatest baseball game EVER!

The atmosphere was amazing throughout the game and with the Angels scoring in almost every inning, the crowd was electric. John Lackey, Shoenweis, Rodriguez & Percival did an absolutely amazing job shutting down the Yanks (especially Frankie). His first 2 wins ever are in the ALDS - against the defending AL champs...

My seats weren't that good for the game (second row from the top) - just to the third base side behind home plate. But - does it matter? From our seats we could see everything - the whole crowd was in front of us, the scoreboard right in front of us, and an amazing game...

I am proud to say I was a part of the largest crowd in Edison Field History and, while I unfortunately can not go tomorrow, today was great.
Old 10-05-02, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My sister was at the game, too.
Old 10-05-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Glad you had a good time Blake.

Are you sure the crowd was electric though? ESPN/ABC Family/FOX must've had the mute button on until the Angels rallied.
Old 10-05-02, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad you had a good time at the game Blake and that you guys won. Hopefully both of our teams will close it out tomorrow to set us up for the ALCS.
Old 10-05-02, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are you sure the crowd was electric though? ESPN/ABC Family/FOX must've had the mute button on until the Angels rallied.
Not sure what you're talking about, but that was the loudest crowd I've seen at Edison Field. We were silent during the first & third after we were shelled for 3 runs per, but every Angel at-bat was awesome. The thundersticks made tons of noise and everybody in the stadium seemed to be an Angels fan...or at least all the Yankees fans went into hiding...
Old 10-05-02, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Blake, when you get on your little emotional highs you sure say some of the stupidest **** I've ever heard.

Horry the greatest.. tonight's game the greatest ever...

Old 10-05-02, 03:24 AM
veritas

Continued From "Angels Vs. Spankees Part 1"... Well, see zuffy, I was thinking the same thing that the announcers mentioned at the end of the game about Giambi missing Anderson's ball.

Tell you what: we'll give you Martinez if you give us Giambi and pay the difference in their salaries.

Or we'll give you Tino for Nick Johnson.

Or you can pry Luis Sojo away from whatever buffet he's camped at and we'll take him.

Old 10-05-02, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thats so freakin' dumb. like every hometeam in the majors doesnt get quieter when they're loser...especially 6-1. The yankees fans in game 1 were pretty quiet when they thought they were gonna lose...then they started to go bananas when the yanks came back.
Old 10-05-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The loud noises you heard were me screaming and running around the house after Salmon hit the homer in the bottom of the 8th.
Old 10-05-02, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Dee, tee ess... See?
Blake, when you get on your little emotional highs you sure say some of the stupidest **** I've ever heard.

Horry the greatest.. tonight's game the greatest ever...
DTSC - the greatest poster at DVDTalk EVER!
Old 10-05-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Blake
Umm...just got back from the game - and my god...that was the most amazing game EVER!
Perhaps the most amazing game you ever went to, but I'm sure there are several thousand better games. Without straining my brain, games 4,5, and 7 of last year's WS were all more exciting and better than this one.
Old 10-05-02, 03:10 PM
Banned

Well I was there as well, first base side, several rows up. I've been going to Angel games my entire 20 years and have NEVER experienced anything like this, not even 1/10 of this. It was absolutely bonkers at that stadium last night....I couldn't hear myself think and I loved it. When Salmon hit that homerun...I can't even describe the mob scene, good Lord. Easily the best baseball experience I've ever had and will ever had.

That is until I head to the game tonight as well . I hope we F them up again, that felt so damn good.
Old 10-05-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by veritas
Tell you what: we'll give you Martinez if you give us Giambi and pay the difference in their salaries.

Or we'll give you Tino for Nick Johnson.

Or you can pry Luis Sojo away from whatever buffet he's camped at and we'll take him.
Give you Giambi AND pay the difference in salaries? Almost had it for a minute there. But, you can take Johnson. Free of charge. Sojo stays.
Originally posted by namrufmot
thats so freakin' dumb. like every hometeam in the majors doesnt get quieter when they're loser...especially 6-1. The yankees fans in game 1 were pretty quiet when they thought they were gonna lose...then they started to go bananas when the yanks came back.
Umm...no.
Old 10-05-02, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Mike_AA
Well I was there as well, first base side, several rows up. I've been going to Angel games my entire 20 years and have NEVER experienced anything like this, not even 1/10 of this. It was absolutely bonkers at that stadium last night....I couldn't hear myself think and I loved it. When Salmon hit that homerun...I can't even describe the mob scene, good Lord. Easily the best baseball experience I've ever had and will ever had.

That is until I head to the game tonight as well . I hope we F them up again, that felt so damn good.
Is it possible that Angels games just suck and you've never experienced real baseball like we have on the East Coast (think Yanks and Boston for two)?
Old 10-05-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Bushdog
Is it possible that Angels games just suck and you've never experienced real baseball like we have on the East Coast (think Yanks and Boston for two)?
Yeah, try checking out a non playoff game. The only thing you'd hear are crickets & the running water in center field.

Now, NY & Boston that's another story...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.