Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Angels Vs. Spankees Part 2

Old 10-04-02, 11:57 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Angels Vs. Spankees Part 2

Contiune here.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:02 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Can's Ass
Posts: 1,355
Why not continue here in Game 4? The game tonight is over...
popcorn is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:03 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Tustin, ca
Posts: 2,030
Sweet necture of life. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!! go Angels.
gregx55 is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:05 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Originally posted by popcorn
Why not continue here in Game 4? The game tonight is over...
Yeah, I know that... The game is on tomorrow.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:06 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Originally posted by gregx55
Sweet necture of life. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!! go Angels.
You live in Tustin? I happened to live in North Santa Ana, few blocks from Main Place mall. So, hey neighbor.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:13 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Tustin, ca
Posts: 2,030
Originally posted by McHawkson
You live in Tustin? I happened to live in North Santa Ana, few blocks from Main Place mall. So, hey neighbor.
Cool deal I know the area well.
gregx55 is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:17 AM
  #7  
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Village Green
Posts: 39,186
Great game!
Geofferson is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:23 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Continued From "Angels Vs. Spankees Part 1"...
Originally posted by zuffy
How about way to spend $$$ Rangers, Red Sox, D-Backs. D-Backs is 1 game from being swept and the other 2 teams didn't even make the playoff.
Well, see zuffy, I was thinking the same thing that the announcers mentioned at the end of the game about Giambi missing Anderson's ball.

They wondered "Would Tino have caught it?"

Like I typed in THIS thread, George's stock IMO didn't go up with me after the way he treated/handled the whole Tino situation.

So...Yes I think Tino would've caught it.

I realize that Tino might not be the MVP on the Cardinals, but i'd LOVE it if he stepped up & they went on to win the whole shebang.

In other words...I don't like George much.
Rogue588 is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:37 AM
  #9  
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 3,130
Ahh yes...I can sleep better tonight, the Yanks lost...go Angels!
wiz is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:46 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,291
Originally posted by Rogue588
Continued From "Angels Vs. Spankees Part 1"... Well, see zuffy, I was thinking the same thing that the announcers mentioned at the end of the game about Giambi missing Anderson's ball.

They wondered "Would Tino have caught it?"

Like I typed in THIS thread, George's stock IMO didn't go up with me after the way he treated/handled the whole Tino situation.

So...Yes I think Tino would've caught it.

I realize that Tino might not be the MVP on the Cardinals, but i'd LOVE it if he stepped up & they went on to win the whole shebang.

In other words...I don't like George much.
Yup, Tino would have made that play 9/10 times. But if you compare Tino's stat, it's not even in Giambi's league or below average of many 1B players in the major.

I was sad to see Tino go but it was business and Tino know it. If the Yanks don't make it, I hope the Cardinals win it all.
zuffy is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:53 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Orange
Posts: 7,736
Umm...just got back from the game - and my god...that was the most amazing game EVER!

Yes - EVER. Just like Horry is the best clutch shooter ever, this was the greatest baseball game EVER!

The atmosphere was amazing throughout the game and with the Angels scoring in almost every inning, the crowd was electric. John Lackey, Shoenweis, Rodriguez & Percival did an absolutely amazing job shutting down the Yanks (especially Frankie). His first 2 wins ever are in the ALDS - against the defending AL champs...

My seats weren't that good for the game (second row from the top) - just to the third base side behind home plate. But - does it matter? From our seats we could see everything - the whole crowd was in front of us, the scoreboard right in front of us, and an amazing game...

I am proud to say I was a part of the largest crowd in Edison Field History and, while I unfortunately can not go tomorrow, today was great.
Blake is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:56 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
My sister was at the game, too.
McHawkson is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:58 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Glad you had a good time Blake.

Are you sure the crowd was electric though? ESPN/ABC Family/FOX must've had the mute button on until the Angels rallied.
Rogue588 is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:59 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 10,495
I'm glad you had a good time at the game Blake and that you guys won. Hopefully both of our teams will close it out tomorrow to set us up for the ALCS.
Copenhagen is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 01:03 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Orange
Posts: 7,736
Originally posted by Rogue588
Glad you had a good time Blake.

Are you sure the crowd was electric though? ESPN/ABC Family/FOX must've had the mute button on until the Angels rallied.
Not sure what you're talking about, but that was the loudest crowd I've seen at Edison Field. We were silent during the first & third after we were shelled for 3 runs per, but every Angel at-bat was awesome. The thundersticks made tons of noise and everybody in the stadium seemed to be an Angels fan...or at least all the Yankees fans went into hiding...
Blake is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 01:16 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Blake, when you get on your little emotional highs you sure say some of the stupidest **** I've ever heard.

Horry the greatest.. tonight's game the greatest ever...


El Scorcho is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 03:24 AM
  #17  
veritas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Originally posted by Rogue588
Continued From "Angels Vs. Spankees Part 1"... Well, see zuffy, I was thinking the same thing that the announcers mentioned at the end of the game about Giambi missing Anderson's ball.

They wondered "Would Tino have caught it?"

Like I typed in THIS thread, George's stock IMO didn't go up with me after the way he treated/handled the whole Tino situation.

So...Yes I think Tino would've caught it.

I realize that Tino might not be the MVP on the Cardinals, but i'd LOVE it if he stepped up & they went on to win the whole shebang.

In other words...I don't like George much.
Tell you what: we'll give you Martinez if you give us Giambi and pay the difference in their salaries.

Or we'll give you Tino for Nick Johnson.

Or you can pry Luis Sojo away from whatever buffet he's camped at and we'll take him.
 
Old 10-05-02, 10:40 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
namrfumot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,409
Originally posted by Rogue588
Glad you had a good time Blake.

Are you sure the crowd was electric though? ESPN/ABC Family/FOX must've had the mute button on until the Angels rallied.

thats so freakin' dumb. like every hometeam in the majors doesnt get quieter when they're loser...especially 6-1. The yankees fans in game 1 were pretty quiet when they thought they were gonna lose...then they started to go bananas when the yanks came back.
namrfumot is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 12:13 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Demontooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Green Acres
Posts: 2,050
The loud noises you heard were me screaming and running around the house after Salmon hit the homer in the bottom of the 8th.
Demontooth is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 01:18 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Orange
Posts: 7,736
Originally posted by Dee, tee ess... See?
Blake, when you get on your little emotional highs you sure say some of the stupidest **** I've ever heard.

Horry the greatest.. tonight's game the greatest ever...
DTSC - the greatest poster at DVDTalk EVER!
Blake is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 03:07 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Shackled
Posts: 35,372
Originally posted by Blake
Umm...just got back from the game - and my god...that was the most amazing game EVER!
Perhaps the most amazing game you ever went to, but I'm sure there are several thousand better games. Without straining my brain, games 4,5, and 7 of last year's WS were all more exciting and better than this one.
Bushdog is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 03:10 PM
  #22  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: So Cal
Posts: 868
Well I was there as well, first base side, several rows up. I've been going to Angel games my entire 20 years and have NEVER experienced anything like this, not even 1/10 of this. It was absolutely bonkers at that stadium last night....I couldn't hear myself think and I loved it. When Salmon hit that homerun...I can't even describe the mob scene, good Lord. Easily the best baseball experience I've ever had and will ever had.

That is until I head to the game tonight as well . I hope we F them up again, that felt so damn good.
Mike_AA is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 03:38 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Originally posted by veritas
Tell you what: we'll give you Martinez if you give us Giambi and pay the difference in their salaries.

Or we'll give you Tino for Nick Johnson.

Or you can pry Luis Sojo away from whatever buffet he's camped at and we'll take him.
Give you Giambi AND pay the difference in salaries? Almost had it for a minute there. But, you can take Johnson. Free of charge. Sojo stays.
Originally posted by namrufmot
thats so freakin' dumb. like every hometeam in the majors doesnt get quieter when they're loser...especially 6-1. The yankees fans in game 1 were pretty quiet when they thought they were gonna lose...then they started to go bananas when the yanks came back.
Umm...no.
Rogue588 is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 03:41 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Shackled
Posts: 35,372
Originally posted by Mike_AA
Well I was there as well, first base side, several rows up. I've been going to Angel games my entire 20 years and have NEVER experienced anything like this, not even 1/10 of this. It was absolutely bonkers at that stadium last night....I couldn't hear myself think and I loved it. When Salmon hit that homerun...I can't even describe the mob scene, good Lord. Easily the best baseball experience I've ever had and will ever had.

That is until I head to the game tonight as well . I hope we F them up again, that felt so damn good.
Is it possible that Angels games just suck and you've never experienced real baseball like we have on the East Coast (think Yanks and Boston for two)?
Bushdog is offline  
Old 10-05-02, 03:49 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Originally posted by Bushdog
Is it possible that Angels games just suck and you've never experienced real baseball like we have on the East Coast (think Yanks and Boston for two)?
Yeah, try checking out a non playoff game. The only thing you'd hear are crickets & the running water in center field.

Now, NY & Boston that's another story...
Rogue588 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.