Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Official DVDTalk Smallball League Thread pt. XC

Old 10-04-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Take a deep breath Y2K, it'll be okay
Old 10-04-02, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
I was at Jenn's, and talking to her son about his team, and they were trained on wednesday, and all the players had full pie! cause he hadn't touched the team in two days.

I had to catch my breath as I was hyperventilating thinking of those poor players being ignored for 2 days, and the benchies burning all that pie!!!
I just heard last nite that one of the players in 1st league, Passive Aggressive, only trains every two days. Full pies only. I'm scared to try it. I might try it with a couple of my players that I'm having problems with, but desert my whole team for a day! NEVER!

Cheers
Old 10-04-02, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
why don't teams in the lower divisions post here much?
I post quite a bit, a little bummed that in past 15 games I'm 0-15 and only scored 2 runs each in two of those games and that was against the Oregon Duques and Raincity Objectivists
Old 10-04-02, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by solipsta
I just heard last nite that one of the players in 1st league, Passive Aggressive, only trains every two days. Full pies only. I'm scared to try it. I might try it with a couple of my players that I'm having problems with, but desert my whole team for a day! NEVER!

Cheers
I think it's a good idea, the Mobile Suckies sudden surgence to 9* started when i went to once a day training instead of two. I also see that my team plays better when I play a couple games after I train. The once every two day theory is something to think about.
Old 10-04-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by solipsta

Cheers
Im sure he wouldnt have ever considered doing that before his team was good enough to consistently beat 9* teams

his team is probably good enough to continue winning those games without training for 40 hours.. so it doesnt hurt him much to wait out the full 2 days to train

while with us.. are teams are just barely good enough to win the games we do.. so we have to train daily, or the second day, we will get walked all over
Old 10-04-02, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by DarkElf
Success at the higher levels of SmallBall requires a lot more attention to your team. I think those are also the type of people to spend significant time in these threads.
well...

and me
Old 10-04-02, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by twikoff
well...

and me
I had a hard time leaving you out of my fake dancinns quote.
Old 10-04-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Borst
I post quite a bit, a little bummed that in past 15 games I'm 0-15 and only scored 2 runs each in two of those games and that was against the Oregon Duques and Raincity Objectivists
Borst: There will be a time, in the not too distant future when losing all those games will be a distant memory.

Ask Y2K about what we did to him when he first started. Now he almost has some respectability.
Old 10-04-02, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fred you used Y2K and respectability in the same breath, don't make that mistake again. I may hurt myself
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mgfred
Ask Y2K about what we did to him when he first started. Now he almost has some respectability.
Witness the carnage: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=216007
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dancinns
fyi, here's the latest 9* League Rankings:

20 Oregon Duques
21 DarkElf's Destroyers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarkElf: I find your placement in the ranking appropriate, however the Duques is another matter!

Now I really wonder where all of those TP tickets have been going, he's is only giving out one per season!
If I was using TP tickets then my team would be good
Actually, they've gotten much much better, and all thanks to you. Your tip about laying off on hitting for 4 days or so really helped me out. Only 2 of my hitters are below .300 now. The power isn't there but they'll single and double you to death now
Old 10-04-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Big game in the battle to avoid demotion to 2nd div.

Ritzkriegers vs. Death Valley Destroyers
Old 10-04-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Copenhagen
Fred you used Y2K and respectability in the same breath, don't make that mistake again. I may hurt myself
Scoreboard, Copie. Scoreboard.
Old 10-04-02, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Copenhagen

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Witness the carnage: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=216007
Ah, the good ol' days. Too bad your team hasn't gotten much better
Old 10-04-02, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If I was using TP tickets then my team would be good
Actually, they've gotten much much better, and all thanks to you. Your tip about laying off on hitting for 4 days or so really helped me out. Only 2 of my hitters are below .300 now. The power isn't there but they'll single and double you to death now
Always glad to help!

BTW the Commish mentioned today in a post that they will NOT be issuing TP tickets anymore!

edit:

I just noticed that you have a chance to make the playoffs! A win vs the OC Indys will cement you a berth. I haven't checked any of the tie breakers, but Congrads!

Yeah guys that are not going to homer are much more valuable if you give them just contact and skill. Why waste their AB's on long fly balls?

Last edited by mgfred; 10-04-02 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-04-02, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scoreboard, Copie dancinns. Scoreboard.
Old 10-04-02, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Borst: There will be a time, in the not too distant future when losing all those games will be a distant memory.

I expect to lose 95% of the games I play against the 8-9* teams I play over and over to raise my honor rating so in a couple seasons I can try for the big leagues, but the last 3 DTSL games I played I've lost 0-1 and it just bugs me cause I have so many chances but don't capitalize
Old 10-04-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Always glad to help!

BTW the Commish mentioned today in a post that they will NOT be issuing TP tickets anymore!
Well, at least I have 3 left for this season and 2 more. So, in a month I'll have to figure out prizes again. Maybe I can find some virii and send that to the league champ.
Old 10-04-02, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by twikoff
his team is probably good enough to continue winning those games without training for 40 hours.. so it doesnt hurt him much to wait out the full 2 days to train

while with us.. are teams are just barely good enough to win the games we do.. so we have to train daily, or the second day, we will get walked all over
This is exactly why I don't do the every other day thing. Our league is too competitive. I'd lose too many 2nd-day games.
Old 10-04-02, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lateralus
I think it's a good idea, the Mobile Suckies sudden surgence to 9* started when i went to once a day training instead of two. I also see that my team plays better when I play a couple games after I train. The once every two day theory is something to think about.
i'm thinking about the once every 2 days because my team is just awful after i train.
i dont score any runs for hours after i train and many games after for me to get to normal.

if i train every 2 days then the bench still needs to be trained every day. as their pie fills in 1 day. but the regs every 2 days.

i'm gonna try it.

right after training......if it wasn't for borst i would never win after training. thanks borst.

BIG 10/4/02 Borst's Bombers 53514 BB 2:0 W
BIG 10/4/02 Lucifer's Trial 54697 Luc 1:2 L
BIG 10/4/02 Oregon Duques 54752 ORE 4:0 L
BIG 10/4/02 Harrisburg Pirates 54831 HBP 1:0 L
BIG 10/4/02 Borst's Bombers 54958 BB 0:2 W
BIG 10/4/02 Borst's Bombers 55078 BB 0:5 W
BIG 10/4/02 Oregon Duques 55237 ORE 3:2 L

he just challenged me again and i won 4-1..

that borst...he's got some fortitude

Last edited by whotony; 10-04-02 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-04-02, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

BOTR Tournament VIII thread is up
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...postid=2865328

let me know if you dont want to be included, so I can forfeit you out
Old 10-04-02, 04:49 PM

Both of my teams have played their best by far after doing the training once every two day thing. I too though am fearful of doing it consistently with the Ballers. I lose enough DTSL games as it is now. But it does give you a huge spike in skills and my teams did well even on the second day after training. Problem comes at the tail end of the 48 hour period when they are the most vunerable. Just my .02
Old 10-04-02, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, at least I have 3 left for this season and 2 more. So, in a month I'll have to figure out prizes again. Maybe I can find some virii and send that to the league champ.
back to the rebirth ticket idea

although Im sure the commish is giving out other tickets for leagues to give away as prizes

if not.. we could also consider the idea of tossing in like a buck or two a piece and using it to buy a stack of tickets to give out as prizes
Old 10-04-02, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

whotony - but I remember that game I beat you and I keep thinking maybe I can do it again, I tend to lose 20 in a row and then squeek out a win against a good team then brag about it cause that helps me get thru the next 20 losses haha
Old 10-04-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Borst: Is Boston Red Slops your team as well?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.