Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Official DVDTalk Smallball League Thread pt. XC

Old 10-04-02, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DANCINNS I initiated my game vs. the Yaga Mynochs, but I am unsure as to whether I'll have time today to submit the score or initiate my game vs. you. If time permits, could you initiate the game for me? If you are unable to do so, a forfeit is fine - not like I'm going to make the playoffs or anything
Old 10-04-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by The Governor
Oh I know the time frame, I was just anxious to see how my guys did in the new stadium for the 1st time. Did you watch the game?
yes i did watch, your team did ok. they struck out alot but other then that they seemed fine.
they hit some deep balls that may have gone out in the intel tho'
Old 10-04-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by whotony
yes i did watch, your team did ok. they struck out alot but other then that they seemed fine.
they hit some deep balls that may have gone out in the intel tho'
I'm afraid to play you in that damn_stadium. Maybe I'll be forced to in the playoffs....

btw, you should change ur DTSL home page to reflect that ur using the brick stadium.

Cheers
Old 10-04-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=241284

Has anyone heard from dancinns this morning?????
Old 10-04-02, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by solipsta
I'm afraid to play you in that damn_stadium. Maybe I'll be forced to in the playoffs....

btw, you should change ur DTSL home page to reflect that ur using the brick stadium.

Cheers
just did it i forgot about that.
Old 10-04-02, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 10-04-02, 11:51 AM

Since the update this morning, supposedly to fix the problem between live game results and the web page results, my team page shows many more games played than I actually did play. This happen to anyone else?
Old 10-04-02, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Random thoughts:

I thought that with the new stadiums, it would kind of give a shot af adrenaline to our league - maybe it's me, but it has become somewhat less entertaining.....

I guess I was wrong because the general concensus is that everyone wants to play in the original park because they can hit more homers there - I personally find the new stadiums shake things up a bit and make the outcomes less predictable.

Just my opinion....oh, and thanks to Gov, for using the brickyard!
Old 10-04-02, 12:04 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

After 3 previous seasons in the Premiership (all of which ended in last place finishes), The Robert DeNiros have clinched a spot in the Premiership playoffs after a final day sweep of Bada Bing, King's Horror and the Honolulu Slashers. The boys are going out for hookers and beer, because it's all downhill from here.
Old 10-04-02, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
Random thoughts:

I thought that with the new stadiums, it would kind of give a shot af adrenaline to our league - maybe it's me, but it has become somewhat less entertaining.....

I guess I was wrong because the general concensus is that everyone wants to play in the original park because they can hit more homers there - I personally find the new stadiums shake things up a bit and make the outcomes less predictable.

Well, I prefer Intel Park not specifically because I hit more homers there, but because I'm much more likely to WIN in that park. If I could win more consistently in Fox Stadium than Intel Park, then I'd choose Fox.

Then again, I've now won two in a row in Fox Stadium...

But I think the new parks shakes things up too. I know it has changed the way I train my team. A lot more emphasis on defense now.
Old 10-04-02, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by dvddiehard
After 3 previous seasons in the Premiership (all of which ended in last place finishes), The Robert DeNiros have clinched a spot in the Premiership playoffs after a final day sweep of Bada Bing, King's Horror and the Honolulu Slashers. The boys are going out for hookers and beer, because it's all downhill from here.
Yeah, I saw you had a showdown for 4th place with Bada Bing today. Nice job on making the playoffs.

But you better enforce a curfew with your boys b/c they have to play my team in the morning.
Old 10-04-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well,

I had to laugh at the rant yesterday (was it TDD?) that he had 'only won 2 of the last 5' and was in a 'horrible slump'.

Nothing sets you up for a demotion better than an 0-fer-4-days streak like I had on days 3-6 this season. Outside of those days, I did have a somewhat respectable record, going over .500.

I am pleased to have two close games against DarkElf, including today's 5-3 loss. And I'm happy that my defense allowed the fourth least points (19) of all the Premiership teams, even with all our games at the Intel stadium (congrats to Fred for only allowing 11 DarkElf runs in his three games).

Now I am out of my funk, have had two great training sessions, have been on the 9* list again, and have seemingly kept it for complete days for the first time (try and knock me back to 8* again, duck-boy). Also, for the first time all of my players hit homers, and if I can squeak out a couple wins should move to Fifth Division.

So I'm ready for my assignment back to DTSL First Division, trying to make the playoffs there once again!

See you guys next season! (I'll be out most of tomorrow, but with my best lineup in since most of my pro-league teams haven't initiated yet)
Old 10-04-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
Random thoughts:

I agree wholeheartedly! Now with all the changes something new comes to the game: STRATEGERY !

I had to think for a while before I even chose what lineup I was going to face Shaolin with last night in Fox.

Smallball had started to become a bit routine, this definately pumped new life in it!
Old 10-04-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Blake
DANCINNS I initiated my game vs. the Yaga Mynochs, but I am unsure as to whether I'll have time today to submit the score or initiate my game vs. you. If time permits, could you initiate the game for me? If you are unable to do so, a forfeit is fine - not like I'm going to make the playoffs or anything
Sure thing. If you haven't played the game by tonight I'll go ahead and start it then.
Old 10-04-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=241284

I live in California, dippy.
Old 10-04-02, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

fyi, here's the latest 9* League Rankings:

20 Oregon Duques
21 DarkElf's Destroyers
84 Mobile Suckies
85 HorrorDVDTalk Monsters
86 Austin Lastros
Old 10-04-02, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dancinns

20 Oregon Duques
21 DarkElf's Destroyers
84 Mobile Suckies
86 Austin Lastros

I made the list, I've only been 9* for two days.

Let it be known the Suckies are 9*!!!!
Old 10-04-02, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by WhoGirl
Smallball is evil. Fun, but evil.

Not only is it taking up a good portion of my conscience life, day-dreaming about Don Vito hitting homers, but now it's taking up part of my subconscience life.

The past three days in a row I've had dreams about smallball. But today I took a nap on the couch and I talked about it in my sleep. I vaguely remember doing so, but my dad who was sitting in the chair nearby confirmed it.

I had pushed myself up on my pillows, yelled "NINE RUNS IN ONE INNING," then laid down again.

That's normal....right? I mean, all of you have Smallball dreams too...don't you?

If you don't dream about SmallBall, the terrorists win.
Old 10-04-02, 01:17 PM

20 Oregon Duques
21 DarkElf's Destroyers
Cool, dude! Our highest rankings yet!
Old 10-04-02, 01:24 PM

20 Oregon Duques
21 DarkElf's Destroyers
84 Mobile Suckies
86 Austin Lastros
I'd be on there if....ummm....the list went past 100....... hehe

Cheers
Old 10-04-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I live in California, dippy.
Details.

Besides. It was BigDave, not me!
Old 10-04-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 Oregon Duques
21 DarkElf's Destroyers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DarkElf
Cool, dude! Our highest rankings yet!
DarkElf: I find your placement in the ranking appropriate, however the Duques is another matter!

Now I really wonder where all of those TP tickets have been going, he's is only giving out one per season!
Old 10-04-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

why don't teams in the lower divisions post here much?
Old 10-04-02, 02:58 PM

Success at the higher levels of SmallBall requires a lot more attention to your team. I think those are also the type of people to spend significant time in these threads.
Old 10-04-02, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DarkElf
Success at the higher levels of SmallBall requires a lot more attention to your team. I think those are also the type of people to spend significant time in these threads.
I was at Jenn's, and talking to her son about his team, and they were trained on wednesday, and all the players had full pie! cause he hadn't touched the team in two days.

I had to catch my breath as I was hyperventilating thinking of those poor players being ignored for 2 days, and the benchies burning all that pie!!!

Oh, and...

[dancinns]You mean the folks active in the threads who are in the higher levels of SmallBall, AND the others like y2k.[/dancinns]

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.