Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw: It's last chance with me is tonight

Old 10-01-02, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm sure many of us could do better angles and story's. it's just not entertaining anymore sad to say.
Old 10-01-02, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

although today's show was nothing special, i really enjoyed the Kane-Jericho match. It's great that they're finally giving Kane a personally and a push to reward his years of hard work.

<= resident Kane-anite
Old 10-01-02, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by schizopak
although today's show was nothing special, i really enjoyed the Kane-Jericho match. It's great that they're finally giving Kane a personally and a push to reward his years of hard work.

<= resident Kane-anite
agreed that Kane needed a push, don't like his gimmick though

I far prefer the no selling badass, like when he first debuted
Old 10-01-02, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WhattheFFF
I far prefer the no selling badass, like when he first debuted
No no no.... That's the Undertaker.

Oh wait. I thought you said no selling dumbass. My bad.
Old 10-01-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, if it weren't for the possibility that next week looks interesting with the "random" matches,this would have definitely been my last viewing for a while. I'm sorry, but scrapping the IC belt is dumb. If they put RVD back into the mid-card area with no belt or possibility for advancement, then they have essentially turned him into a chump. So sad that Vince only wants to push his own home grown talent rather than those deserving who come from other federations. I will not be watching SD anymore.
Like was said somewhere earlier, WWE probably pulled the ad for the writer's job because someone who actually cared about the wrestlers might place someone other than HHH, Taker, or Kane in the top levels. GASP!!! What then? Ratings go up? People are once again interested? Can't have that!!!
Old 10-01-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by B5Erik

I'll watch if by some miracle McMahon signs Goldberg. That guy could seriously take all the other guys out if they were doing "shoot" matches.
Just like he took out Bret Hart?
Old 10-01-02, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Applejack
Just like he took out Bret Hart?

I wouldn't trust goldberg as a wrestler, but thats simply me.
Old 10-06-02, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It wasn't all Goldberg's fault.
Old 10-06-02, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man haven't you guys heard the story about how Regal got fired from WCW for kicking Goldberg's ass in the ring for being a dangerous wrestler? I know Regal really is a shoot fighter but if he could take Goldberg apart, imagine how many others in the WWE could as well. To name a few, Benoit, Angle, Lesner, and even Steve Blackman would kick Goldberg's ass if it really came down to it.

Old 10-06-02, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man haven't you guys heard the story about how Regal got fired from WCW for kicking Goldberg's ass in the ring for being a dangerous wrestler? I know Regal really is a shoot fighter but if he could take Goldberg apart, imagine how many others in the WWE could as well. To name a few, Benoit, Angle, Lesner, and even Steve Blackman would kick Goldberg's ass if it really came down to it.

I think Undertaker, Bradsaw, Booker T, and Dustin "Gold Dust" Runnles could rip him a new one.
Old 10-06-02, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Was this on Nitro? Is there a vid of it somewhere easily d\l albe?
Old 10-06-02, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cartman
Was this on Nitro? Is there a vid of it somewhere easily d\l albe?
I'm not sure if there is a video of this. It was on the February 9, 1998 WCW Nitro Show so I'm sure its out there somewhere.

Post from a wrestling forum about the incident:

He was also asked during Fan Access at Wrestlemania "Why wouldn't you sell for Goldberg?" and Regal replied "Why should I?" Also, during the taping of The Weakest Link someone asked him "How was it huimilating Goldberg?" and he replied "It was great!!!" Triple H then said "It was pretty easy to do too!"

From what i've heard about the story, Regal was upset about having to do a squash match against Goldberg. He complained to management and Goldberg overheard it. Words were exchanged and then Goldberg I guess tried to spear Regal or something, who then easily started choking out Goldberg since Regal is trained to fight. He had to be pried off of him. It really shows that if you can fight you'll almost always win even if the guy is a lot bigger then you.