Wrestler Vader Arrested

Old 07-03-02, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrestler Vader Arrested

Police: Wrestler resisted arrest
By Camera staff
July 3, 2002

It took eight officers, two dogs and three sets of handcuffs to subdue Boulder's homegrown professional wrestler "Big Van Vader," who was suspected of drunken driving.

Leon Allen White, 47, was arrested Monday night on suspicion of spitting and threatening officers with rocks, resisting arrest, drinking and driving, careless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

Members of the Colorado State Patrol and Boulder County Sheriff's Office responded at 8:30 p.m. to Bari Court and Whaley Drive regarding a sport utility vehicle that crashed into a bush. The suspect, who suffered a cut on the head, left the scene and drove a block away to his home, witnesses reported.

When contacted by authorities, the 6-foot 4-inch 375-pound White told them he was looking for bullfrogs and catfish in a pond and crashed while driving home, according to an arrest report.

Officers reported White seemed severely intoxicated and had to hold himself up on the door jam. White became belligerent with officers when asked about his level of intoxication and said: "I will and can kick all of your asses! Let's fight ...," according to the arrest report.

Two of the deputies got their dogs out for protection. White stared the animals down and said he would kill them, the report said.

At one point, White picked up two rocks the size of baseballs and clenched them in his fists, Trooper Scott Hinshaw said. He also is alleged to have spit toward the trooper, but missed.

Eventually, officers were able to calm White down and he was handcuffed without incident.

White played football for the University of Colorado and in the NFL before becoming a professional wrestler. He has competed worldwide as Big Van Vader and held numerous individual and tag-team titles.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, he has two previous drinking and driving arrests in Boulder County.

Old 07-03-02, 09:18 PM
Banned

I don't see the reason to laugh at someone's misfortunes ...

Hey, wait a minute -- I do that all the time ...

Old 07-03-02, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like how they list his "real" accomplishments, UC and NFL player, in the same sentence as his numerous individual and tag team titles!
Old 07-03-02, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 153 Likes on 127 Posts
who?
Old 07-03-02, 11:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by whotony
who?
"It's time, it's time ... it's Vader time!" was the beginning of his entrance music in the now-defunct WWF ...
Old 07-04-02, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Woulda made for better viewing than this past Raw or Smackdown!
Old 07-04-02, 03:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

He had the cool ass mask/headress deal that he would sit on the ramp, and smoke and crap would shoot out of it(WCW days). He was pretty damn big in Japan.
Old 07-04-02, 10:33 AM

IT'S TIME!! IT'S TIME!! IT'S TIME FOR A DRINK!!!!

Maybe he's still messed up from kane hitting him with that giant socket wrench.
Old 07-04-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AndyCapps
He had the cool ass mask/headress deal that he would sit on the ramp, and smoke and crap would shoot out of it(WCW days). He was pretty damn big in Japan.
He IS HUGE in Japan. Unfortunately, WCW/WWF had no idea how to book him.
Old 07-04-02, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Braddok
Maybe he's still messed up from kane hitting him with that giant socket wrench.
That was scripted. Leon needed eye surgery and the booking committee was looking for a "legitimate" way to work his real-life surgery into the storylines ...
Old 07-04-02, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by Soup Nazi

That was scripted. Leon needed eye surgery and the booking committee was looking for a "legitimate" way to work his real-life surgery into the storylines ...

I know. I was joking

Old 07-05-02, 11:48 AM

And I seem to recall he was a guest star in Boy Meets World.
Old 07-08-02, 12:31 AM

Oh yeah...Boy Meets World.

I was at the house show at the Anaheim Pond when the recorded this....I remembered them taping about a minute of footage at the show, but they stretched it to a few minutes in the finished product.