Hocus Pocus 3 (D: Fletcher)
#1
Thread Starter
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Hocus Pocus 3 (D: Fletcher)
The New York Times just did a profile on one of the Disney execs, who mentioned Hocus Pocus 3 is currently in development.
Considering the quality of the last one, I'll probably skip this all together (assuming it gets made) unless they include Max, Allison and Dani for more than a cameo.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...s/70290651007/
Considering the quality of the last one, I'll probably skip this all together (assuming it gets made) unless they include Max, Allison and Dani for more than a cameo.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...s/70290651007/
Last edited by joe_b; 06-13-23 at 08:29 PM.
#2
DVD Talk Hero
Re: Hocus Pocus 2 (2022, D: Fletcher) — Disney+
Disney just can’t help themselves. One legacy sequel was fun but do they really need to milk it for more?
#3
DVD Talk Hero
Re: Hocus Pocus 2 (2022, D: Fletcher) — Disney+
The House of Mouse would murder your mother if it made them a few bucks.
#4
Re: Hocus Pocus 3 (D: Fletcher)
“Hocus Pocus 3” is casting its spell.
Following Sunday’s announcement that the Disney+ sequel from last fall is now getting a sequel of its own, TheWrap has learned that film’s director Anne Fletcher and writer Jen D’Angelo will be returning to the witchy franchise.
The news of a new “Hocus Pocus” sequel, after last year’s surprisingly enjoyable follow-up to the 1993 Disney classic, came during a profile of Walt Disney Studios president Sean Bailey in The New York Times. Bailey confirmed that there was another film in development — although, at the time, not much else was known.
It’s currently unclear, for instance, if original stars Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker will be back for “Hocus Pocus 3,” or if other actors from the first film who skipped “Hocus Pocus 2” (like Omri Katz, Vinessa Shaw and Jason Marsden) will return for the new movie. (In February of this year, Midler said that she wasn’t sure that she’d come back, telling E! News: “I’m not sure.”) Another looming question: whether the new movie will go straight to Disney+ or if the studio will get a theatrical release.
The original “Hocus Pocus,” about a trio of witches brought back to life in modern day Salem, opened in the summer of 1993. It was a box office disappointment but grew in esteem over the years, first thanks to home video and then thanks to streaming and repeated airings on The Disney Channel and Freeform. Now the film, directed by Kenny Ortega and cowritten by Mick Garris, is a bona fide Halloween favorite. And, of course, the continued appreciation of the film eventually led to sequel talk, which finally solidified when the company launched its direct-to-consumer streaming platform Disney+. (Other Disney+ sequels/franchise extensions include “Zombies 3,” “Disenchanted,” “Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again” and “The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild.”)
With support for Disney+ cooling, it’ll be interesting to see whether the Sanderson Sisters will fly again on the streaming platform or invade cinemas nationwide. Amok! Amok! Amok!
Following Sunday’s announcement that the Disney+ sequel from last fall is now getting a sequel of its own, TheWrap has learned that film’s director Anne Fletcher and writer Jen D’Angelo will be returning to the witchy franchise.
The news of a new “Hocus Pocus” sequel, after last year’s surprisingly enjoyable follow-up to the 1993 Disney classic, came during a profile of Walt Disney Studios president Sean Bailey in The New York Times. Bailey confirmed that there was another film in development — although, at the time, not much else was known.
It’s currently unclear, for instance, if original stars Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker will be back for “Hocus Pocus 3,” or if other actors from the first film who skipped “Hocus Pocus 2” (like Omri Katz, Vinessa Shaw and Jason Marsden) will return for the new movie. (In February of this year, Midler said that she wasn’t sure that she’d come back, telling E! News: “I’m not sure.”) Another looming question: whether the new movie will go straight to Disney+ or if the studio will get a theatrical release.
The original “Hocus Pocus,” about a trio of witches brought back to life in modern day Salem, opened in the summer of 1993. It was a box office disappointment but grew in esteem over the years, first thanks to home video and then thanks to streaming and repeated airings on The Disney Channel and Freeform. Now the film, directed by Kenny Ortega and cowritten by Mick Garris, is a bona fide Halloween favorite. And, of course, the continued appreciation of the film eventually led to sequel talk, which finally solidified when the company launched its direct-to-consumer streaming platform Disney+. (Other Disney+ sequels/franchise extensions include “Zombies 3,” “Disenchanted,” “Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again” and “The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild.”)
With support for Disney+ cooling, it’ll be interesting to see whether the Sanderson Sisters will fly again on the streaming platform or invade cinemas nationwide. Amok! Amok! Amok!
#5
DVD Talk Hero
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 39,790
Received 1,677 Likes
on
1,193 Posts
From: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Re: Hocus Pocus 3 (D: Fletcher)
‘Hocus Pocus 3’ Officially in the Works With Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy Returning
May 6, 2026 11:07am PT
The Sanderson Sisters will return once again: “Hocus Pocus 3” is officially in the works at Disney with Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy returning to star.
Development on the threequel was first announced in 2023, based on the successful launch of “Hocus Pocus 2” on Disney+. The sequel broke records on the Nielsen Top 10 streaming charts, with 2.7 billion minutes viewed in its opening weekend. The Disney+ movie also became the most-watched original film on the streamer over its first three days of release. “Hocus Pocus 3” is still in early development, with consideration for a theatrical release given the clear interest in the property.
May 6, 2026 11:07am PT
The Sanderson Sisters will return once again: “Hocus Pocus 3” is officially in the works at Disney with Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy returning to star.
Development on the threequel was first announced in 2023, based on the successful launch of “Hocus Pocus 2” on Disney+. The sequel broke records on the Nielsen Top 10 streaming charts, with 2.7 billion minutes viewed in its opening weekend. The Disney+ movie also became the most-watched original film on the streamer over its first three days of release. “Hocus Pocus 3” is still in early development, with consideration for a theatrical release given the clear interest in the property.




