TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Castle -- "Time Will Tell" -- 10/21/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,773 Likes on 2,704 Posts
Castle -- "Time Will Tell" -- 10/21/13

Synopsis:

WHILE CASTLE & BECKETT INVESTIGATE A GRISLY MURDER, THEY MEET A SUSPECT WHO CLAIMS HE'S FROM THE FUTURE, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

Joshua Gomez Guest Stars

"Time Will Tell" - A grisly murder investigation leads Castle and Beckett to a suspect (Joshua Gomez, "Chuck," guest stars as Simon Doyle) who claims he's traveled back in time to stop terrible events from unfolding, events that will change the course of human history. Is he simply a deluded killer, or is it possible that he's telling the truth, on "Castle," MONDAY, OCTOBER 21 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Joshua Gomez as Simon Doyle, Tim Russ as Dr. Malcolm Wickfield, Vanessa Bell Calloway as Beryl Wickfield, Myko Olivier as Pi.

"Time Will Tell" was written by Terri Edda Miller & Andrew W. Marlowe and directed by Rob Bowman.

Thought this might be interesting to pass along here. Andrew Marlowe, the creator of Castle, is developing a Phillip Marlowe detective series based on the books.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/abc-...we-1200738603/

It would air on ABC if it gets picked up.
Old 10-21-13, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,049 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Time Will Tell" -- 10/21/13

Morgan Grimes!
Old 10-22-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 489 Likes on 356 Posts

While not as good as the show was in seasons 1-3, this was an entertaining episode. Castle is still one of my favorite shows on TV.
Old 10-22-13, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 145 Likes on 100 Posts

That was a fun episode. I loved the fact that we had a Star Trek alum and a Space:Above and Beyond alum in the guest stars. Sci-Fi love all around.
Old 04-21-19, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 489 Likes on 356 Posts

Castle threads getting resurrected right and left... (It's like the zombie episode...)

I loved
Spoiler:
the twist at the end where Beckett stains the letter, matching the photograph they found. For once, the wacky, crazy story turned out to maybe, possibly, be true.

My daughter loved that, too. It wasn't the best episode of the series, just an average one, but it was still a lot of fun.

But my daughter also noticed in the previous episode how Katic was at little distant towards Fillion at times, and the chemistry wasn't there as much as in the past. It wouldn't be until the next season that the chemistry was completely lost, but you can see it start to crumble at the beginning of this season.
Old 06-01-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just saw this episode last night. Loved this then, loved it now. Cool to see Joshua Gomez. (Do you think he and Fillion talked about Baldwin behind his back?) The best part was that in this one, they left the mystery of Castle's wild idea open instead of just completely disproving it outright. Pi is a real downer. If my daughter was going out with an idiot like him I'd throw myself off a cliff.

You can see the chemistry starting to crumble. They are good actors so they are believable as a couple. But those little looks they gave each other early in the series are gone. They seem to have more scenes apart.