TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Strike Back -- "Episode 29" -- 10/11/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,723 Likes on 2,675 Posts
Strike Back -- "Episode 29" -- 10/11/13

Synopsis:

Scott and Stonebridge aim to keep their promise to protect Ester (Amy-Leigh Hickman). After questioning a suspect from the raid on the facility, Richmond (Michelle Lukes) and Martinez (Milauna Jackson) follow an Al-Zuhari associate, gaining key intel. Believing an attack is imminent, the team sets out to stop an infiltrator before he reaches a populated area.

Written by Richard Zajdlic; directed by Michael J. Bassett.

Episode 9 of 10
Old 10-12-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Strike Back -- "Episode 29" -- 10/11/13

Great as always but I imagine everyone saw that little plot twist coming from a mile away. Hard to believe it all wraps up next week.
Old 10-12-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

I actually considered that plot twist early on, but then I dismissed it due to the other shit he was doing. That night time incursion was awesome.
Old 10-13-13, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has this been renewed for a fourth season yet? I just discovered this show this summer and am totally hooked.
Old 10-13-13, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,723 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
Has this been renewed for a fourth season yet? I just discovered this show this summer and am totally hooked.
No, not yet. IIRC, Cinemax usually renews this shortly after the season finale airs. Also, another factor to take into consideration is this hasn't aired in the UK yet. Sky One co-produces the show with Cinemax, but they get the secondary airing rights.

As for this episode. Solid as usual. Amazing recovery for Stonebridge considering he was literally on his deathbed in the last episode. Thank God for that antidote.

Some really spectacular action scenes in this episode, especially the whole runaway train sequence and the virus attack within it. This may be a relatively low budget cable show, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Feels like a weekly action movie.

Did I sense a little flirtation in this episode between Richmond and Scott?

I think someone may have predicted the twist last week about Kamali possibly being behind it all. Of course that tape of him getting killed looked pretty real.
Old 10-15-13, 10:16 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Did I sense a little flirtation in this episode between Richmond and Scott?
Yup, but that would be bad news since that means she would likely get killed off shortly after
(ugh, hopefully that's not how they'll end the season with the Russian boss trying to get his revenge, and end up killing Richmond in a crossfire before getting offed himself)

Originally Posted by DJariya
I think someone may have predicted the twist last week about Kamali possibly being behind it all. Of course that tape of him getting killed looked pretty real.
Whoo-hoo, that would be me! My next guess is that Ester kills Kamali in order to save Scott from being killed by her father.

I am very curious how they're going to wrap up the diamonds thing: they ultimately hand it back over to Locke? Give it to Ester so that she could have a new start after Kamali dies (one way or another)?

Caaaaan't wait!