Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,776 Likes on 2,705 Posts
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) -- Series Thread

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION is a fast-paced drama about a team of forensic investigators trained to solve crimes by examining the evidence. They are on the case 24/7, scouring the scene, collecting the irrefutable evidence and finding the missing pieces that will solve the mystery. D.B. Russell, the CSI Supervisor for the grave shift is a family man and scientist, but not a nerd. Son of hippie parents, he's a "Left Coast" Sherlock Holmes who devours crime novels and looks at every crime scene as if it were a story waiting to be told.

Other CSI members include Julie Finlay, the team's Assistant Night Shift Supervisor who worked with D.B. in Seattle; Nick Stokes, the conscience of the team, often driven by his emotional connection to the victim to always get the job done; Sara Sidle, aka Mrs. Grissom, the moral compass of the team who is relentless in her pursuit of criminals; Greg Sanders, once an off-beat tech analyst and now an experienced and intuitive crime solver; and Morgan Brody, an exile from the Los Angeles Crime Lab and the daughter of Undersheriff Ecklie. She's a natural born investigator who still has a lot to learn about politics and family. The CSI team members also work closely with Captain Jim Brass, a seasoned detective and protector of CSI, sometimes to a fault; Dr. Albert Robbins, the ever-professional medical examiner; his wise-cracking assistant, David Phillips; and David Hodges, a tech of many talents who often rubs people the wrong way, but never fails to deliver.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-02-14 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-25-13, 12:13 PM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) -- Series Thread

at Eads getting suspended. I'm still holding out hope that Grissom will make a surprise appearance at some point.
Old 09-25-13, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Geofferson
at Eads getting suspended. I'm still holding out hope that Grissom will make a surprise appearance at some point.
With Petersen dropping out of that Cinemax Pilot he was attached to, I think he's free at the moment. However, with Grissom and Sarah now divorced, it would be hard to fit him in right now. I say he comes back at some point when it's the "Final season"
Old 09-25-13, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
With Petersen dropping out of that Cinemax Pilot he was attached to, I think he's free at the moment. However, with Grissom and Sarah now divorced, it would be hard to fit him in right now. I say he comes back at some point when it's the "Final season"
I agree and hopefully it's not a cameo for a series finale and instead a multi-episode guest starring appearance.
Old 09-25-13, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 934 Likes on 659 Posts

Looking forward to it. is up with Eads though? One of three actors on since the beginning and gets suspended right before the 300th episode?

Is the thread title missing a '14th season' in there somewhere?
Old 09-25-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Looking forward to it. is up with Eads though? One of three actors on since the beginning and gets suspended right before the 300th episode?

Is the thread title missing a '14th season' in there somewhere?
No, I decided to make a few of the procedural threads "Series threads". So the topic ends up being more broader and other postings besides episode commentary can be posted. Like ratings, renewal, cancellation, new cast members, George Eads being a dumbass.

Plus, shows like this get so little week to week commentary. Might as well make it series thread than season.
Old 09-25-13, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sounds good boss.
Old 10-09-13, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Tonight is episode 3.

Finally got a chance to watch the season premiere a few days ago. Did not expect that ending with Brass' daughter shooting Morgan and then murdering her mother, Brass' ex. That was unexpected. Felt bad for Brass.

Even though CSI is 14 seasons old, it still manages to throw a little surprise here and there.
Old 10-09-13, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I still look forward to it every week and often watch it before other stuff on the DVR.
Old 10-22-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

For those who care and aren't behind. Tomorrow is the 300th episode of CSI:

Marg Helgenberger (Catherine) is returning.

Jason Priestly is guest starring:

Preview:

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=y8yxngmB_npH&partner=cbs&gen=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="270" src="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=y8yxngmB_npH&partner=cbs&gen=1" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 10-22-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

^ Thanks. I have been behind planning on catching up with On Demand, but will probably DVR this episode.
Old 10-24-13, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

They said several times in the 300th episode that the cold case they were working on was 14 years old. Trouble is, when they brought out old evidence it was labeled October 2000, not 1999. Oops.
Old 10-24-13, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
They said several times in the 300th episode that the cold case they were working on was 14 years old. Trouble is, when they brought out old evidence it was labeled October 2000, not 1999. Oops.
I think they are mistakenly counting according to the seasons that CSI was on. CSI premiered in October 2000 and we are in the 14th season (2013-14)
Old 10-24-13, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So Marg didn't technically return. That was a bummer. Kept expecting her to walk through the door. However having her in flashbacks for a cold case was a creative way to get her back on without messing with the current cast chemistry.

Great episode too. Priestly was solid and that was probably my favorite case in awhile. Lots of twists and turns without feeling too forced.
Old 10-25-13, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Marg didn't technically return. That was a bummer. Kept expecting her to walk through the door. However having her in flashbacks for a cold case was a creative way to get her back on without messing with the current cast chemistry.
I don't know. The promotion made it sound like Catherine was coming back, so it felt like a bit of a cheat...
Old 10-26-13, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Lots of twists and turns without feeling too forced.
Unfortunately, they gave away the big twists by having a non-obscure actress playing the "dead" girl from 14 years ago. I had already guessed she wasn't dead from the initial recollection stating that a body was never found, but once I saw that the girl in the flashbacks was played by the girl from One Tree Hill and the last season of Dexter, it was a stone cold lock. It was still a good episode though.
Old 11-03-13, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

The scene in the last episode with Sam and Roz--I mean, D.B. and his wife--was ludicrous... they're going to ask someone to move out of their house just so they can have it in their golden years? This is all the writers could come up with for these two? It's probably time to pull the plug on this show.
Old 11-03-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

you mean the last 3 minutes they spend on DB & his wife every sixth episode is where you draw the line?

Didn't Roz say the old lady/couple were considering moving? What's so preposterous?
Old 11-03-13, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Brass has some big balls. Loved how he just popped on of the thugs guys
Old 11-09-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

BTTF reunion
Old 11-10-13, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
BTTF reunion
Too bad I always preferred Claudia Wells to Shue. But, Shue and Thompson still look damn good for their ages.
Old 11-21-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wow, fantastic episode "Check in, Check Out" tonight. Very original and kinda disturbing. The actor portraying the homeless guy was fantastic in his scene with Brass. Good having Nick back too.
Old 03-05-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/patr...crime-spinoff/

I know CSI doesn't get talked about here at all, but something interesting to pass along. Patricia Arquette has signed on to star & be the lead in the untitled CSI Cyber Crime backdoor Pilot. It will air later this Spring as a CSI episode. It's being written by the original CSI creative team: Anthony Zuiker (who created CSI), Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue.

Some of you may recall Arquette from the old NBC/CBS show Medium. She also used to be married to Thomas Jane.

If it gets picked up to series, it will air this Fall.
Old 03-05-14, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Never strayed beyond Vegas. Gave Miami and NY a shot in their first seasons but quickly dumped them. I'll probably check out Cyber Crime, but I'm not really a fan of Arquette.
Old 03-24-14, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2014/03/24/csi-pau...ing-season-14/

Paul Guilfoyle (Jim Brass) is leaving the show after this season.

George Eads will be the last remaining cast member from the Pilot left.

If you recall, Jorja Fox was not in the Pilot episode. Chandra West was in it and was killed off. Fox came in the 2nd episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.