Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Trigun, Complete Boxed set or the 2 limited edition tins?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-07, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm looking to buy this anime and was wondering which version is the best, the 8 disc boxed set or the newer editions in the 2 tin cases? what's the difference between them?

thanks in advance
Old 10-25-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The new versions (tins) have new 5.1 audio tracks (which are supposed to be fantastic), an upgraded video transfer, and there's new extras. You def want the tins if you're looking to buy Trigun now.

Good reviews here and here.
Old 10-25-07, 10:58 PM
TRC

Definitely get the limited edition tins. Besides improved audio and video and more extras, the LE tins also have the original opening sequences restored.

If you can't get track down the limited editions then get the six volumes of Trigun Remix. They're the exact same DVDs in less fancy packaging.
Old 10-25-07, 11:32 PM

Try to find now. ^^ It's OOP and Geneon, that company that liscenced it, is halting distribution of all thier dvds. That's Gungrave, Last Exile and a bunch of other good series that will be OOP. And FYE will stop carrying Geneon titles pretty soon. Nov 30, I think.

Here's a link about it.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tion-by-friday
Old 10-27-07, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That really sucks. So nobody has picked up the geneon licenses yet? I would have thought that some company would have come along by now and picked up the big ones like Trigun, etc.
Old 10-27-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hiccup
That really sucks. So nobody has picked up the geneon licenses yet? I would have thought that some company would have come along by now and picked up the big ones like Trigun, etc.
By now? It hasn't been that long since the Geneon announcement. Geneon is just now about to reach the point where they're stopping shipping of new titles. It'll at least be a few months is not well into next year before we'll probably start hearing anything... if at all for some titles.
Old 10-27-07, 07:17 PM
TRC

I wouldn't expect any announcements concerning licenses until 2008 at the soonest. All this went down only a few weeks ago and we still don't know all the details. They might go out of business completely but it's possible Geneon might retain the rights to their series and have other companies distribute for them. But at this point it's all just speculation.
Old 10-27-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have Trigun since it first came out in 1999, one of my favorite animes.

The tins have 5.1 audio, and new openings for each episode.

You can probably tell where my name come from. LOL!

Better get it now, before it goes OOP.
Old 10-27-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wait, so the Trigun tins are the Remix DVD's? Wow... I need to run out and buy them before it's too late. I already own the show but I want the higher picture and sound quality.
Old 10-27-07, 08:55 PM

Yes
Old 10-28-07, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
By now? It hasn't been that long since the Geneon announcement. Geneon is just now about to reach the point where they're stopping shipping of new titles. It'll at least be a few months is not well into next year before we'll probably start hearing anything... if at all for some titles.
I could've sworn that I read something about Geneon losing the licenses sometime around May or June. Maybe I just read rumors or something of the like, but still, if it is known that they were losing the licenses then you would think some group would be in the works or in negotiating for the contracts. With the amount of big titles that they had, Trigun being among them, then you would think that some entity would be ready to snatch them up. I am so hapy that I have the Cowboy Bebop Remixes now since I believe that Geneon put those out as well (they bear the Remix lineup title name). I have the original Triguns that I got from a Rightstuf deal/sale and I'm not sure that for just a little bit better picture quality and sound is enough to make me pay the whopping amount for them.
Old 10-28-07, 10:25 AM

The Trigun remixes HAVE MUCH BETTER VIDEO AND SOUND. They remastered the audio in 5.1 and the video is free from blemishes, and rainbows.

The previous releases had rainbowing on the picture, and the sound was in pro logic.

Cowboy Bebop remixes is from Bandai, that's another company.
Old 10-31-07, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Knives
The Trigun remixes HAVE MUCH BETTER VIDEO AND SOUND. They remastered the audio in 5.1 and the video is free from blemishes, and rainbows.

The previous releases had rainbowing on the picture, and the sound was in pro logic.

Cowboy Bebop remixes is from Bandai, that's another company.
Oh ok, thanks for the clarification.