Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'V for Vendetta - Two-Disc Special Edition'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Francis Rizzo III's DVD review of V for Vendetta - Two-Disc Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=22734 and...

I still have mine being shipped to me and haven't seen it yet, but it's too bad that they aren't putting more into the extras disc. With so much relevant things going on today, there could have been tons of material that would have been interesting to see discussed.

Also, if there were EVER a case for a "gift package" set of DVD's along with other items (like the Creative Design folks used to do with other "special" films), this film is MADE for that. They could have a monster gift package selling this close to Halloween and the election with a V mask and/or costume bundled with the 2 disc DVD set. I think there are many who would take advantage of this "one stop shopping" to take care of Halloween and their own "Remember, remember" sequence during the election datys in November coming with buying such a set. Too bad Warner didn't see fit to take that chance. Perhaps they were afraid of fellow corporate lashbacks if they put out the ultimate tool for corporate rule lashback for sale. Perhaps that is also what limited what was on this extras disc too. I wonder if there was more material planned for it earlier that got yanked for political reasons.
Old 08-01-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDealer
Also, if there were EVER a case for a "gift package" set of DVD's along with other items (like the Creative Design folks used to do with other "special" films), this film is MADE for that. They could have a monster gift package selling this close to Halloween and the election with a V mask and/or costume bundled with the 2 disc DVD set.
Best Buy has a gift set with a V mask already. Unfortunately it's not life-size.
Old 08-02-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Best Buy has a gift set with a V mask already. Unfortunately it's not life-size.
What does that mean? That it only fits on midgets? What's the point of including a mask if its not big enough to wear?
Old 08-02-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
What does that mean? That it only fits on midgets? What's the point of including a mask if its not big enough to wear?
It means that it includes a mask but is not big enough to wear.
Old 08-02-06, 10:43 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brainee
Collectible for geeks.
Old 08-02-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes, they want to sell "junk", but not foment the real anti-corporate message that the movie has in real life. I think the Best Buy deal was a bait and switch, making you think it was the real thing. I went there yesterday morning fully prepared to buy the whole set (even though I had a web order being shipped to me), if I could get a decent REAL mask, but discovered it was a waste of time. I way too much decorative junk around the house. Don't need more.
Old 08-02-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure that buying an expenisve giftset with a halloween mask would send a real anti-corportate message, but I'll sign your Internet petition!
Old 08-04-06, 09:08 PM

I thought that the 2 disc edition was kind of a bust in terms of the extra stuff. Nothing was all that great. Just your standard making of stuff that really didn't delve deep at all IMO.