Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bing Crosby - White Christmas remix

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Hello, I'm looking for a remix of Bing Crosby's "White Christmas." I heard it playing in a store recently and I tried looking it up online without any luck. It has Bing's vocals but it is not the version featured on Christmas Remixed, Vol 2 - White Christmas (Kaskade Remix). The version I heard did not have a drum track and it sounded a bit surreal. Thanks!
Old 12-20-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the first track on the Merry MixMas compilation.
Old 11-03-08, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bing Crosby - White Christmas remix

Originally Posted by wishbone
Hello, I'm looking for a remix of Bing Crosby's "White Christmas." I heard it playing in a store recently and I tried looking it up online without any luck. It has Bing's vocals but it is not the version featured on Christmas Remixed, Vol 2 - White Christmas (Kaskade Remix). The version I heard did not have a drum track and it sounded a bit surreal. Thanks!
I don't know if you ever found this, but I'm pretty sure what you're looking for is called "White Christmas (Paul & Price Remix)." It's the first track from an album called "Holiday Chill - The Christmas Remixes," which is apparently available only electronically. I first heard it playing at Home Depot, of all places, and it took me two years to track down the source. (Well, I wasn't looking all that time.) I got my copy from Amazon: amazon.com/Holiday-Chill-The-Christmas-Remixes/dp/B000QR1XRQ. It's a fun collection. That track is probably the best of the bunch (and the catchiest). I collect all kinds of Christmas music. I'm not much into chill or electronica, but I do enjoy this collection, so you might like the other remixes in this album also.

Happy holidays...
Old 11-03-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by brzimmer
I don't know if you ever found this, but I'm pretty sure what you're looking for is called "White Christmas (Paul & Price Remix)." It's the first track from an album called "Holiday Chill - The Christmas Remixes," which is apparently available only electronically. I first heard it playing at Home Depot, of all places, and it took me two years to track down the source. (Well, I wasn't looking all that time.) I got my copy from Amazon: amazon.com/Holiday-Chill-The-Christmas-Remixes/dp/B000QR1XRQ. It's a fun collection. That track is probably the best of the bunch (and the catchiest). I collect all kinds of Christmas music. I'm not much into chill or electronica, but I do enjoy this collection, so you might like the other remixes in this album also.

Happy holidays...
brzimmer got it! Wow, almost three years have passed since I posted this... I definitely wrote it off in '05.

I heard this song twice in a Card Factory Outlet. The mp3 I downloaded from Amazon sounds slightly different from what I initially heard but that's because I was listening to crappy store speakers.

Awesome post brzimmer -- thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Old 11-04-08, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I could help. I know what it's like. I think I heard it the same year you did, and I chased that song for two holiday seasons before I caught up with it. Once I would hear it, I couldn't get it out of my head. I think I found it by downloading every Bing Crosby or White Christmas remix I could find. (And do you know how many of those there are? Sheesh.)