Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Must have Xbox games

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 310 Posts
Must have Xbox games

If you're an Xbox owner, what are the games you must have, and are missing out if you don't get them?

Besides Halo, because I am already going to pick that up. I have Splinter Cell, Mech Assault, KOTOR, ESPN Hockey, and Simpsons Road Rage so far. I also have a Live Kit, so what are some good online games?

I didn't really bother to search much, so forgive me if someone had asked this question before.

I am still new to the whole Xbox thing
Old 09-15-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may be in the minority but Jet Set Radio Future. It's the game I bought an Xbox for, and to this date, the game I've played the most on it. Gunvalkyrie and Panzer Dragoon Saga by the same developer (Smilebit) are also highly excellent games.

My favorite online game WAS Phantasy Star Online.. however, once I had to start paying monthly I felt it wasn't worth it. Now I'm pretty dead on Live, as I suck at FPS compared to the people that play online so it's hopeless for me to try.

I am waiting for True Fantasy though.. hopefully it will not have a monthly fee.
Old 09-15-03, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're looking for LIVE games,I highly recommend you pick up MotoGP. It's been the most enjoyable game for XBOX LIVE I've found so far and I'm not even that big of a racing game fan.
Old 09-15-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
The games that take up most of my time are sports games. I do love my Mechassault, though.
Old 09-15-03, 05:44 PM
Banned

This is, of course, all dependant on whether or not you even like these genres:

Halo
Ghost Recon
Splinter Cell
Soul Calibur II
Metal Gear Solid 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
BloodRayne
Dead or Alive 3
Hitman 2
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Max Payne
Madden NFL 2004
NCAA Football 2004
World Series Baseball 2K3
Old 09-15-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

moto gp2

-
looking forward to topspin and links 2004
Old 09-15-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Splinter Cell, KOTOR, Steel Battalion, Toejam and Earl 3, House of the Dead 3, Shenmue 2 and other Sega releases
Old 09-17-03, 10:58 AM
Retired

I bought my X-box for KOTOR, now it's gathering dust. I'm waiting on a trade for Halo, and trying to find Panzer Dragoon Orta for under $20 (not a big enough fan of shooters to pay more than that). There's really no other exclusives out that interest me. I do have Madden and will buy future sports games for the box for the HD though.
Old 09-17-03, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,379 Likes on 4,365 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I bought my X-box for KOTOR, now it's gathering dust. I'm waiting on a trade for Halo, and trying to find Panzer Dragoon Orta for under $20 (not a big enough fan of shooters to pay more than that). There's really no other exclusives out that interest me. I do have Madden and will buy future sports games for the box for the HD though.
PDO's always available on Ebay for less than $20. I think I paid $14. It's OK; pretty, but not really my bag.

I picked up Madden for the PS2, though. Online play and downloadable rosters are a bigger deal than the HD or slightly better graphics for me.
Old 09-17-03, 11:15 AM
Retired

Originally posted by Decker
PDO's always available on Ebay for less than $20. I think I paid $14. It's OK; pretty, but not really my bag.
Cool, I'll have to check it out. I'd prefer to find a new copy, it's $29.99 most places, I'm hoping it'll drop to $19.99 this fall.

Originally posted by Decker

I picked up Madden for the PS2, though. Online play and downloadable rosters are a bigger deal than the HD or slightly better graphics for me.
Online gaming isn't my bag, and I don't really care about rosters as I'm not a die hard NFL fan, so the HD (and not shelling out $ for a second PS2 or GC mem card) was the deciding factor for me on my extremely tight budget.
Old 09-17-03, 01:10 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if you're not good at FPS, you might want to try GHOST RECON. You can play with other people as a TEAM, fighting the computer AI. You dont have to be great for that and still have lots of fun.