Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Gamecube Zelda Bundle

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 09:36 PM
lurkr4vr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Gamecube Zelda Bundle

From www.gameinformer.com

"Word from our sources on the street is Nintendo is cooking up an all new Zelda-themed GameCube bundle. During this upcoming holiday season if you purchase a GameCube system, you’ll also get a bonus disc that will include the following Zelda games and goodies:

- Legend of Zelda

- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

- Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

- Zelda Documentary

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to find out if any of the past Zelda titles will be upgraded like Ocarina of Time/Master Quest was on the first Zelda demo disc. We are also hoping Nintendo will also squeeze on some 3rd party demos and trailers as well, but that is still to be determined. It’s also unclear whether you will have to purchase a GameCube to get the disc, or if you’ll be able to buy it separately.

More on this hot little disc soon…

I wish they'd announce the price drop and I hope this bundle isn't INSTEAD of the price drop because I have no interest in Zelda.

Now a MarioKart bundle
Old 09-09-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I have to get this disc somehow without buying a whole new system. Wonder what it will end up going for on ebay?
Old 09-09-03, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Wow....pretty cool. Im thinking they will release a new Zelda version with the updated stuff (2 discs) ... It would suck to have to buy another Cube just to get the bonus goodies.
Old 09-09-03, 10:06 PM
lurkr4vr

That would make sense. This should be a good stand alone sale as well. Now, if they announce the rumored price drop, I can actually pick up a gamecube instead of posting threads about it. *sigh*
Old 09-09-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOLY *BLEEP* *BLEEP*

If this is true, that's is PERFECT cause I'm buying a new Cube this Christmas anyway!!
Old 09-09-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Zelda games...hell I may even buy a second cube just to get this.
Old 09-09-03, 10:11 PM
lurkr4vr

What are the Zelda games like? I've never played them.
Old 09-09-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You run around with a sword killing monsters and getting tools and items to get to other places to kill more monsters.
Old 09-09-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,428 Likes on 4,395 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
HOLY *BLEEP* *BLEEP*

If this is true, that's is PERFECT cause I'm buying a new Cube this Christmas anyway!!
Why is that? Did yours break or something?
Old 09-09-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Decker
Why is that? Did yours break or something?
Getting one for the girlfriend..
Old 09-09-03, 10:22 PM
Doctorwho

You run around killing trees and moving stones and then when your almost done you get stuck. And you have to go online to gamefaqs and find out how to get the stupid boss key. But you missed a door so you have to fight everyone all over again to get the magic wand. And then when you beat the game you find out that its not over and all you get is a cake. Oh wait thats mario...

If nintendo re-released like 10 classic nes and snes games onto discs they could do a ton of damage towards their competitors.

Imagine every mario game on one disc, from super mario bros 1 to super mario 64.

Every contra, double dragon, battle toads, metriod, ninja turtles, final fantasy.

They could completly slaughter their competitors. If they had a lot of games for a decent price.

Did anyone pick up the zelda art box? that came with the figures? I was curious about it. If it came with this I'd pick it up.

And I still have my zelda 1980's watch. No im not that old, I got it a few years ago at a discount store.
Old 09-10-03, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, one of the girls I hang out with got the Zelda Box. The figures are cute but small. I forget EVERYTHING that came with it, but it had a CD with some of the soundtrack, a map.. and a REALLY kickass poster of the Link, Zelda and Gannon in the final battle of the game. I'd buy it just for that poster.

You are right though.. they could easily release a couple of compilation discs that would drive people insane. I think a perfect example would be a disc with all the SNES Mario games: Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2, and Mario Kart.
Old 09-10-03, 10:08 AM
Doctorwho

You dont have a picture of the poster do you? I'm a big zelda fan.
Old 09-10-03, 10:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
What about all of us who bought the Cube at launch? Why are we being PUNISHED for being loyal Nintendo fans?

Is there going to be another way for current cube owners to get this disc (other than paying overinflated $$$?!?)

Sorry to piss on the parade but this deal is COMPLETE B.S..
Old 09-10-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Doctorwho
You dont have a picture of the poster do you? I'm a big zelda fan.
I'll ask her to take a picture of it tonight.
Old 09-10-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
What about all of us who bought the Cube at launch? Why are we being PUNISHED for being loyal Nintendo fans?

Is there going to be another way for current cube owners to get this disc (other than paying overinflated $$$?!?)

Hopefully there will be a way. I'd imagine if anything you'd be able to pick one up shortly after at Gamerape or something.. I don't think everybody buying Gamecubes will be a fan of the older games.. you can still find plenty of the Ocarina bonus discs. Up with hope, down with dope!
Old 09-10-03, 10:37 AM

I'm thinking the same way heh. Nintendo did the same thing with the preview disc but thank goodness stores sold it by itself instead of having to buy a Cube for it like Nintendo intended. I honestly don't know what Nintendo is thinking, I mean fans have been wanting demo discs for a long time. When they finally bring them out they intended for only new customers to get it. If this disc does come out but can only get gotten with a Cube purchase, my faith in Nintendo is shot, and I will be skipping there next console. It's one thing to ignore your fans it's another to **** on them.

With all that said, I do expect it to be available like the preview disc was, if the disc is released.
Old 09-10-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You Mean Nintendo is Reallyz STUPID !!!
Old 09-10-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"It’s also unclear whether you will have to purchase a GameCube to get the disc, or if you’ll be able to buy it separately."

Patience, my friend. Wait for more details to come out. I am thinking they will offer it separately, (maybe this could be the Mario Kart Bonus Disc that no one seems to know much about?). Its not clear yet either if this is for the US or only in Japan either.
Old 09-10-03, 11:00 AM
Doctorwho

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
You Mean Nintendo is Reallyz STUPID !!!
why the hell did you post that comment? now its going to be console bashing and the thread will be closed. sonuva##%#

Did nintendo ever release the ocarina disc for gamecube seprately? I saw that gamestop sells the disc used for 25. But if I buy a new zelda do I get the disc or was it just for the pre orders?
Old 09-10-03, 11:13 AM
Doctorwho

Was it this poster? This came with ocarina.

Old 09-10-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't see that, site is blocked, but it's a WIND WAKER poster.. has Link and Zelda battling Gannon.
Old 09-10-03, 11:34 AM
Doctorwho

Then there are two cool posters. If you copy the text then open it in a new broswer it will show up.

http://www.zelda-world.com/ImgOTgood...ine_poster.jpg
Old 09-10-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Sounds great. Hopefully they'll advertise this a ton (assuming it comes to fruition).
Old 09-10-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this is a stupid, kinda off topic question, but I know ther ewas somewhat of a release of Ocarina Of Time for the Cube, read about it somewhere, cant remember where, but how does one go about getting this or was this some type of promotion?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.