Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

worried about gladius

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
worried about gladius

I pre ordered this game, but there seems to be alot of negative opinions, and comments like, "great concept, poor implementing".

Is the game that bad? Should I cancel? I'm especially interested in the opinons of people who tried the demo.
Old 09-05-03, 12:02 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Considering that the demo is an earlier build than the final game, it's hard to say. It's a tactical RPG with "twich" elements...so it may alienate both arcade and strategy type players. There is a demo on both Xbox and Gamecube now...perhaps you should give one of them a try and see for yourself?
Old 10-27-03, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't want to post another thread.

Gamespot reviewed the game

Xbox 8.4 Rated best out of the 3
PS2 8.4
Gamecube 8.4

Last paragraph same for all three.
If you're up for a deep, long-lasting, strategic gaming experience, then Gladius is perfect for you. Once you've played it for many hours, you'll spot little things about it that could have been fleshed out or polished up. However, at the heart of this game is an interesting and well-thought-out combat system, and there are so many viable combinations of characters and skills to experiment with that this game could easily keep you busy for much longer than most games do these days. The swing meters also add a refreshing bit of action to an otherwise fairly static style of gaming, which makes Gladius not just a great game but, in certain ways, a pioneering one.

By Greg Kasavin
Old 10-27-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id rent it if i was you.