Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GC game reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-02, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GC game reviews

I own a gamecube and have owned every previous nintendo console and can make one conclusion: the games are what make the console exciting to own and to play, so therefore, choose only the best games to buy.. Im not on a STRICT budget, but I'm also not the "I own 100 games already, how many do you own type" (not that theres something wrong with that.. to each his own)

But its that time again to purchase another game =) i have had my eyes on a few games for a while, and although I rented and really liked RE Zero, I think I'd like to keep multiplayer games/re-playable games in my collection first and fore-most.

Can anyone give me a few insights/links/other reccomendations to reviews of 007 Nightfire, or Animal Crossing.? These are two games ive had my eyes on but havent had the time to rent and play as much as I'd like to in the 5-day rental period. Goldeneye for 64 was one of my all-times favs, how's the multiplayer/single player mode in Nightfire? just curious about all this.. any feedback is greatly appreciated! thanks!
Old 12-29-02, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super Monkey Ball was one of my first purchases and it still gets pulled out from time to time. Really hard to beat for multiplayer/replayability. Ditto for Super Smash Bros.
Old 12-30-02, 02:05 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Animal Crossing has had several multi-page threads dedicated to it in this forum. I think that says it all right there.
Old 12-30-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Animal Crossing has had several multi-page threads dedicated to it in this forum. I think that says it all right there.
But a couple months later, those threads are all but dead, so either the game got boring and no one plays anymore, or no one likes to share their experiences anymore.
Old 12-30-02, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,080 Posts
I just got Nightfire for the GC for Xmas.

It is very cool. Very Goldeneye-esque. I never played Agent Under Fire so I can't compare, but there are a lot of neat touches. The reviews haven't been too great about the car and "on rails" sections, but I've enjoyed them. I am excited to try out multiplayer when I get to gether with my friends. There are a ton of modes and options, and a lot of unlockables.

It uses a medal system (like Rogue Leader). The better you do, the more stuff gets unlocked. It's got a lot of replayability.

I'd say rent it first, since you can get a really good idea of how the game plays in a short amount of time. I'd recommend it though.
Old 12-30-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mr. Driller: Drill Land
Old 12-30-02, 09:49 AM

thanks draven.. im hoping they didnt overdo nightfire.. all i want is an improvement over golodeneye (cooler/more weapons, more options in mulitplayer, challenging levels). I think game makers tend to overdo some things from time to time, but nightfire sounds very promising . thanks again!

I have a feeliing animal crossing is a love it or hate it game because of its nature and never-ending purpose, ill pick it up at blockbuster first
Old 12-30-02, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
I got Nightfire for xmas as well. its pretty fun, i still have problems with the vertical aiming because its on the c stick
Old 12-30-02, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Originally posted by DaveNinja
I got Nightfire for xmas as well. its pretty fun, i still have problems with the vertical aiming because its on the c stick
Are you using the default control scheme? I was having problems with it too, but I switched it to "Goldfinger" (I believe) and inverted the controls. It seems to feel much better now.
Old 12-30-02, 11:04 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Liver&Onions
But a couple months later, those threads are all but dead, so either the game got boring and no one plays anymore, or no one likes to share their experiences anymore.
The threads for all older games are all but dead. It's not just Animal Crossing.
Old 12-30-02, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

www.gamerankings.com

The definitive site for game reviews. It's like a portal to all other game review sites.
Old 12-31-02, 09:15 AM

the gamerankings site is perfect, thanks joshic