DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target: Hannah Montana/Camp Rock - $10 gift card + $10 off coupon

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Target: Hannah Montana/Camp Rock - $10 gift card + $10 off coupon

So if you're a member of the disney reward club, the site for entering the points that come in Disney dvds, check your inbox for an email that's $10 off when you buy Camp Rock and Hannah Montana: Best Of Both Worlds Concert.

Also, if you go to Target and buy both, you get a $10 gift card.

It works on both the SD and Blu-ray versions.

Blu-ray prices are:
Camp Rock: Extended Rock Star Edition >>>> $24.99
Hannah Montana: Best Of Both Worlds Concert – The 3D Movie >>>> $22.99

Total $27.98 (if you're subtracting the gift card. Plus taxes, which I don't pay )

Not sure about the SD prices.

It's a one time use coupon so I can't post mine here, sorry.
Old 08-19-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts
You sort of beat me to the post, here. But you don't need the email -- the coupon is right on the front of the Camp Rock Blu Ray disc (this coupon, at least, is valid only for purchase of both movies on blu ray). It comes out to be $38 + tax for both discs and a $10 Target gift card. Pretty great deal if you have to buy the movies anyway (like me).

Last edited by Decker; 08-19-08 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-19-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, so you only need the email coupon if you want the SD versions
Old 08-19-08, 08:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is some info I got from SlickDeals.net

Disney Movie Rewards is offering a $10 off coupon off both Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds 3D Concert and Camp Rock on DVD or Blu Ray. Log in (or sign up, free to register) and go to "Member Benefits," and then click "Special Offers." The coupon is the first item listed. You may have to install the coupons.com printer.

Most stores this week are offering $10 off or gift cards when you buy both, so you can actually save $20 off both of them.

Examples:

Target:
Blu-Ray: $22.99 (Hannah) + $24.99 (Camp Rock) - $10 Coupon - $10 Gift Card = $27.98 After Coupon/Gift Card
DVD: $22.99 (Hannah) + $15.99 (Camp) - $10 Coupon - $10 Gift Card = $18.98 After Coupon/Gift Card
+ Free Camp Rock bonus disc

Circuit City:
DVD: $14.99 (Camp Rock) + 21.99 (Hannah) - $10 Coupon - $10 Savings = $16.98
Blu-Ray isn't listed as having $10 instant savings both, may be possible (both listed as $24.99)

Other possibilities include Best Buy ($17.98 DVD, $35.98 BR) and Toys R Us ($20 DVD, $30 BR).

Note that some copies in-store may have a $10 coupon for the Blu Rays attached, saving you from having to print it. When I went to Target, this coupon was found only on the Camp Rock Blu-Rays. This may be an option if you want to save ink or can't print from your computer.

How to Get This Deal:

Step 1: Log-in to Disney Movie Rewards and print the coupon (under "Member Benefits, Special Offers").
Step 2: Go to your local Target/Circuit City/Best Buy between Tuesday 8/19 and Saturday 8/23. No online ordering for in-store pickup!
Step 3: Pick up a copy of both Hannah and Camp on DVD or Blu-Ray.
Step 4: Go to register. Cashier will scan both discs. $10 will come off automatically at BB/CC, while at Target you'll get a $10 gift card.
Step 5: Hand cashier the coupon. When the cashier scans, (another) $10 should come off.

Also, enter the Hannah DMR code and you'll be eligible to get a Hannah charm bracelet for free + $3.50 s/h. You can also buy 3 additional charms.
Old 08-19-08, 09:42 PM

My BB and CC would not honor the coupon saying it already reduced the price, CC even went as far to tell me even though they honor manufactures coupons they dont get reimburrsed for them!? WHAT?

I tried to explain the deal was in store and this was a manufactering coupon and they should honor both, they said no
Old 08-19-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These may be different coupons. The coupon on the Camp Rock bluray says $10 off of when you buy both blurays, the disney site coupon is for $10 bluray or dvd combo. They have different codes on the coupons....

My Target took both coupons AND gave me the $10 gift card !!!!!!! Both coupons scanned in the computer without any problem.

receipt says:
hannah disc 22.99 -$10.00 mfr coupon
camp rock disc 24.99- $10.00 mfr coupon
gift card 10.00 - $10.00 giftcard free

TOTAL was $27.98 for both blurays AND the $10 gift card (essentially $17.98 TOTAL !!!!!!!!)

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 08-19-08 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-20-08, 10:46 AM

Mike01, I had EXACTLY the same situation as you! Earlier yesterday, I ran to a store titled: Best Buy (which is quickly becoming an irony) and bought both titles for $29 something. Thinking I got a great deal, I hand it over to the little one who is ectastic to get them the first day they come out. Of course, when I get home I make the mistake of checking out the bargain forums and see this thread. "DAMNIT"! I think to myself. Now, I faced the impossible task of taking both out of the little one's hands and returning to the store. To my shock, they were not yet opened. Fleeing the house like a ninja, I had half an hour to work with before a short shift at work. I know, laugh, but ten bucks is ten bucks! I call Best Buy ahead of time to verify that the coupon will work (despite the wording that says "only at time of purchase") and she assures me it is all ok. Now, with Best Buy and customer service, it is never just simply "OK". I walk in, and after three employees, the bimbos explain to me that Best Buy doesn't take manufacturer coupons in conjuction with their offers because GOD FORBID they have to get reimbursed and are out of ten dollars for a month. Walking out and seething in aggravation, I promise myself that Best Buy will no longer see my business after continued poor customer service in situations similiar to this that I have experienced. After a predictably miserable time at work, I arrive home once again to find out that the titles are once again, UNOPENED!! Miracle of miracles, I ride like a bat out of hell to Target, coupon in tow, repurchase the titles and use the coupon for about a dollar more, but I also received the gift card. Minutes later, I stroll back in to Best Buy with a stupid grin, speak to the same customer service idiot as before, and return the titles, Target bag in tow. I also couldn't resist telling her that I "got over" in the end by repurchasing at Target. I probably wasted about five dollars in gas in the process, but I don't like when store employees act rude or "holier than thou" to customers. The whole rationale just didn't make sense to me. While I'm not overly cheap, I REALLY hate being taken advantage of. So, in the end, I wound up "enjoying" (this term actually means receiving a headache due to the glasses) the 3-d concert and the little one didn't know any the wiser. Alls well that ends well, I suppose. Also, sorry for the long vent, but I feel like there will be more of you out there who experience a snafu similiar to this. Bottom line: go to Target or Wally World, and ALWAYS check DVDTALK in the mornings if you MUST head to an evil store like Best Buy, that way you won't get ripped off like Mike01 and I.

Last edited by JckRbbitSlim; 08-20-08 at 10:49 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 08-20-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
My Target took both coupons AND gave me the $10 gift card !!!!!!! Both coupons scanned in the computer without any problem.

TOTAL was $27.98 for both blurays AND the $10 gift card (essentially $17.98 TOTAL !!!!!!!!)
This worked at Target for me too.

Without this deal, I would have purchased the DVD's.

I was pissed that Disney decided to only release Camp Rock in FULLSCREEN ONLY on the DVD, though my daughters would not care.
Old 08-20-08, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My kids are 5 and 3 and have no interest whatsoever in Hannah or the Jonas Bros. Obviously my wife and I don't either.

However, for some reason I don't understand I'm completely compelled to go try to pick these up at Target.

I think I need help.
Old 08-20-08, 07:57 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Worked perfectly for me.

Thanks

Greg
Old 08-20-08, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hellmutt
My kids are 5 and 3 and have no interest whatsoever in Hannah or the Jonas Bros. Obviously my wife and I don't either.

However, for some reason I don't understand I'm completely compelled to go try to pick these up at Target.

I think I need help.
A better question would be why you even know who they are, unless your kids watch other programs on the Disney Channel. If my kids didn't have the Disney Channel tuned in 24/7, I would not have any clue who they were.
Old 08-20-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
My Best Buy took about 15 minutes in line to tell me I could pick. Use the coupon or their in-store sale. I quickly figured that once they were reimbursed, they actually got more if I used the coupon. So I just nicely said Never Mind. Of course Target is right accross the street. Both SD-DVDs and $10 Gift Card for $30 and some change (tax). Anyway, Best Buy peeved me enough that I placed a complaint about them to http://www.veri-fi.com/ (which is on the Coupon). Anyway, for those of you who are upset with a store not taking a coupon, enter a complaint. There really is no reason to not take the coupon.
Old 08-21-08, 05:22 AM

Best Buy (Chicago, IL) took the coupon and it worked. No questions asked.

As for me - I had $10 in Reward Zone certs and another $10 White Sox card (with every $100 purchase) that I kept from months ago. So the transaction was free - I still have 0.18 cents on the card.

Thanks for the OP about the $10 coupon for SD DVD!!!!
Old 08-21-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
A better question would be why you even know who they are, unless your kids watch other programs on the Disney Channel. If my kids didn't have the Disney Channel tuned in 24/7, I would not have any clue who they were.
Actually, that IS a good question. Apparently my wife has seen them on Oprah. I actually never heard of the Jonas Bros. before, but Miley / Hannah can be seen on all the entertainment shows these days. I'm merely compelled to buy them cause I'd be snagging a blu-ray deal. I think i can resist...
Old 08-21-08, 05:52 PM
Cool New Member

I went to Toys R Us and got a great deal. I got both Blu Rays for $21.85 out the door. They were on sale for 2 for $40.00. I used the $10 coupon on the Camp Rock Blu Ray and also used the Disney movie rewards coupon and got another $10 off and it came to $21.85 with tax. I had no trouble using both coupons.

I went back on got both DVD"s for my sister kids for $10.85 out the door. There is a coupon for $10 off the DVD's on the Camp Rock and I used the Disney Movie Rewards for another $10 off. The DVD's were on sale for 2 for $30. Still had no trouble the second time.
Old 08-22-08, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Foghorn
I went back on got both DVDs for my sister kids for $10.85 out the door. There is a coupon for $10 off the DVD's on the Camp Rock and I used the Disney Movie Rewards for another $10 off. The DVD's were on sale for 2 for $30. Still had no trouble the second time.
Awesome! Way better than the Target deal! (forget that bonus disk for Camp Rock
there - rather save the $8 cash!) just over $5 each? wow! I'm definiately now
getting two of each DVD and now both cousins will have a DVD each for themselves
and no need to borrow.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 08-22-08 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-22-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Awesome! Way better than the Target deal! (forget that bonus disk for Camp Rock
there - rather save the $8 cash!) just over $5 each? wow! I'm definiately now
getting two of each DVD and now both cousins will have a DVD each for themselves
and no need to borrow.

LB...

no doubt the TRU deal is better for the DVDs. Target deal is still better for the blurays, at least as far as i am concerned. $27.98 for both blurays and the $10 gift card which brings it down to $17.98 for both blurays (we do ALL of our grocery shopping at target, so a target giftcard is as good as cash to me)
Old 08-24-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
no doubt the TRU deal is better for the DVDs. Target deal is still better for the blurays, at least as far as i am concerned. $27.98 for both blurays and the $10 gift card which brings it down to $17.98 for both blurays (we do ALL of our grocery shopping at target, so a target giftcard is as good as cash to me)
Though the deal is dead (I think?), I'd like to say thanks for the TRU deal that was posted here. Picked up both for about $11 out the door (DVD version). Had the wife heading to Target to get the deal there and read about TRU and diverted her to them instead.

Thanks again!