Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 7/06/08 to 7/12/08

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-08, 07:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 7/06/08 to 7/12/08

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; We'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
Batman Gotham Nights - $3 concession cash with both 1 and 2 disc version
Batman Gotham Nights 2 disc - steelbook packaging, $3 concession cash, DC character guide
Batman Begins Limited Edition Giftset - 5 postcards

Target -
Batman Gotham Nights 1 disc - Batman Beyond bonus episodes (on same disc? separate disc?

Circuit City -
Batman Gotham Nights 1 disc - patch

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Batman Gotham Nights 1 disc - lenticular slipcover

K-Mart/Sears -
I searched and found nothing new

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Superhero Movie - bonus DVD

Barnes and Noble -

Borders -

Costco -
note the movie ticket deal in the movie ticket thread

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster -
Batman Gotham Nights - CD Rom comic of Batman: Year One

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us -

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the stores to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 07-16-08 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-06-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
Blockuster has an exclusive cd rom comic of the Batman Year one series including inside Batman Gotham Knights.

unclear if it is only the first issue or all 4 issues. doesnt say on the sticker.
Old 07-08-08, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WAL-MART: Exclusive lenticular slipcase with the single disc release of Batman: Gotham Knight
CIRCUIT CITY: Free patch with the purchase Batman: Gotham Knight
BEST BUY: Exclusive Steelbook packaging, Concession Money and DC Comics Character Guide with the purchase of Batman: Gotham Knight - Two Disc Special Edition and Free Concession Money with the purchase of Batman: Gotham Knight (single disc)
TARGET: Exclusive bonus episodes of Batman Beyond included with Batman: Gotham Knight dvd

Last edited by EvlAsh; 07-08-08 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 08:02 PM

Hi. This is the Batman Begins LE Bestbuy Canada exclusive that totes having "5 Collectible Cards and a Never-Before-Seen Lenticular from the Dark Knight".. For anyone that got the Bestbuy US Batman LE, are the cards the same? How many lenticulars and postcards do they have?

Or are they the same as in the ad (which looks like 3 postcard and 2 lenticulars?)

For other Canadian exclusives,
Bestbuy Canada has a character guide with the 2 disc release
Futureshop has the Gotham Knight steelbook

Later

Last edited by johnsun; 07-08-08 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by EvlAsh
WAL-MART: Exclusive lenticular slipcase with the single disc release of Batman: Gotham Knight
How much was this at Walmart?
Later
Old 07-08-08, 11:11 PM

Borders (some of these are older, dont know if they were added to older threads)
Other Boleyn Girl - Sneak Peek Book Inside for Philippe Gregory's The Other Queen
4 Months 3 Weeks And 2 Days - Borders Exclusive DVD

Wal-Mart
Superhero Movie - bundled with Scary Movie 4 (FS)
Old 07-08-08, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
How much was this at Walmart?
Later
$14.96 at my WM.
Old 07-08-08, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi. This is the Batman Begins LE Bestbuy Canada exclusive that totes having "5 Collectible Cards and a Never-Before-Seen Lenticular from the Dark Knight".. For anyone that got the Bestbuy US Batman LE, are the cards the same? How many lenticulars and postcards do they have?
I got 5 postcards the same ones shown in the rear box art above. Also, 2 lenticular cards. The one in the front w/batman and the bats, And another one with batman's face w/a joker smile smeared on.

Here's another question. I know the best buy's in my area only had the above exclusives for the standard dvd gift set, not blu-ray gift sets.....but, Anyone who bought the blu-ray set have anything different in general? For example more features, etc.
Old 07-08-08, 11:22 PM

TWEC has an exclusive poster with purchase of the Batman: Gotham Knight DVD. Looks like it's the same image as the single-disc cover.

Curiously, does anyone know if the Target-exclusive Batman Beyond DVD contains anything unique? I already have all 3 seasons of the show, so does this "movie" offer anything different? I don't want to have to buy multiples of Gotham Knight if I don't have to.

Last edited by Ajay C; 07-08-08 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 11:47 PM

I thought I read something about TWEC getting a bonus disc or something with Superhero Movie.. Was anything like that released this week?
Later
Old 07-09-08, 12:38 AM

I thought I read something about TWEC getting a bonus disc or something with Superhero Movie.. Was anything like that released this week?
Later

I read that too on another board, so I went to Suncoast, and nothing but people looking at me crazy and not knowing what I was talking about. So if there is a bonus disc it might be only at the FYE stores and not the other Transworld stores(Suncoast, SamGoodys). :-(
Old 07-09-08, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
Borders (some of these are older, dont know if they were added to older threads)
Other Boleyn Girl - Sneak Peek Book Inside for Philippe Gregory's The Other Queen
4 Months 3 Weeks And 2 Days - Borders Exclusive DVD
Wal-Mart
Superhero Movie - bundled with Scary Movie 4 (FS)
re 4 months...

any word that this was and will only be released through borders period? for some reason, i have a hunch that this will get a wider release sooner or later.
Old 07-09-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can anyone confirm about Bestbuy's Batman Begins "Litograph"? I've been to several bestbuy each stores carries a unique excuse why it was not available.
Old 07-09-08, 09:50 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Hit ten stores, updates made. Lots of clarification needed.
Old 07-09-08, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Can anyone confirm about Bestbuy's Batman Begins "Litograph"? I've been to several bestbuy each stores carries a unique excuse why it was not available.
I saw the Sunday ad for Best Buy with the "Joker Lithograph." After buying the set, it appears that its actually the Dark Knight Lenticular inside the set.
Old 07-09-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Like it was stated above. It must've been a typo. It was in fact a 2nd lenticular card inside the gift set.
Old 07-09-08, 09:26 PM

Just went to WalMart Canada which has the single disc lenticular cover and the Batman Year One CD-Rom comic:

Later
Old 07-09-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
looks like walmart cnanda has the same exc as BBV U.S.
Old 07-09-08, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Albertsons is currently running a promotion where you buy 10 General Mills products for $20 and you get a coupon for 2 "The Dark Knight" tickets (redeemable online) valued at $25.50 I bought 10 boxes of Cocoa Puffs and the purchase spit out a coupon for $1.50 off the purchase of 3 boxes of General Mills cereal, so the deal was even better! $18.50 for a month of cereal, 10 Batman cereal prizes and 2 tickets for the movie! I'm going back later for the Lucky Charms...

The redemption site is located at www.generalmills.com/batmansweeps Code must be redeemed by 8/31/08.

Sweet deal! The code that you get is redeemable via Fandango. I'm set for next Thursday night.

Last edited by Roybq; 07-09-08 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-15-08, 09:04 PM

I love collector sets and store exclusives. But I feel a little burned from the Batman Begins Gift Set and the Gotham Knight exclusives.

In the Batman Begins set, you get:
A lenticular thats exactly the same as the 2005 one
A flimsy box you have to damage to open
A flash drive with pictures from the Dark Knight which have been out forever
Postcards with poster art which was on the 2005 DVD release
A ridiculously short Dark Knight preview
And the exact same edition of the movie from 2005

With Gotham Knight, I got:
A steelbook with crappy artwork (its not the advertised artwork)
And a Batman Year One (chapter one only) CD-ROM from Blockbuster. Batman doesn't even appear in this chapter!

I know I didn't have to buy all this, but I'm a fan and collector and I was at least expecting a few cool items. But this all sucks and I almost feel like throwing it all out.
Old 07-16-08, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Willo007
I read that too on another board, so I went to Suncoast, and nothing but people looking at me crazy and not knowing what I was talking about. So if there is a bonus disc it might be only at the FYE stores and not the other Transworld stores(Suncoast, SamGoodys). :-(
I got back from a FYE and saw a sticker indicating a bonus disc.. I picked it up and found there is an extra disc.. It's double sided and on the inner ring, it reads something about a TWEC Superhero Movie disc.. I'll pop it into the player later to check what's on both sides of the disc.. Unless someone can beat me to it..
Later
Old 07-18-08, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Willo007
I had a chance to view the bonus disc from FYE. It's a flipper, but only one side plays with a 13 1/2 min behind the scence featurette.. No menus, it just starts playing when you start it..

I recall when I picked it up, they were surprise there was a bonus disc as they didn't hear anything about it.. The only way I noticed was a sticker on the front indicating it..
Later