Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars (3/24/08 & 03/25/08) - All 12 Dance on Monday!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-24-08, 06:03 PM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts

Episode 602 - Mon March 24 8/7c - 2 Hours!
All 12 celebrities - 6 men and 6 women - go head to head on one night! It's the last chance to make a decision among all the stars before the first double elimination!

Recap Show - Tues March 25 8/7c - 1 Hour
Incase you have short term memory loss, here's an hour long recap show of what happened last night (and probably last week)!

Episode 603 - Tues March 25 9/8c - 1 Hour
The first Results Show... and two couples go home!

The scores so far...
27 - Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas
24 - Mario (Barrett) & Karina Smirnoff
24 - Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel
22 - Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez
22 - Jason Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska
21 - Cristián de la Fuente & Cheryl Burke
21 - Shannon Elizabeth & Derek Hough
18 - Steve Guttenberg & Anna Trebunskaya
18 - Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani
16 - Penn Jilette & Kym Johnson
15 - Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough
15 - Monica Seles & Jonathan Roberts
No poll this week... but since they are whittling it down to 10 couples tonight, we'll have one next week.

Here are the dances for tonight:

Mambo
Adam & Julianne
Steve & Anna
Priscilla & Louis
Monica & Jonathan
Jason & Edyta
Kristi & Mark
Quickstep
Cristián & Cheryl
Shannon & Derek
Penn & Kym
Mario & Karina
Marlee & Fabian
Marissa & Tony
Old 03-24-08, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
Crap! I accidentally missed seeing Cheryl dance!
Old 03-24-08, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The guys:

Steve - True, most of Steve's dancing was done with his face, but at least he's giving it all he's gut. I don't see him hanging around unless America really loves him dancing from the neck up.

Cristian - Not too bad, but his face was either really alive, or really concentrating on the dance steps to come.

Penn - That was actually kinda fun to watch, even though Penn's feet are just amazinly cumbersome.

Jason - Xerxes was very good tonight, though he lacked a little flexibility when he had to arch backwards, but he was on his game throughout the dance, plus the finish was really cool.

Adam - I didn't know it was possible to do the mambo without much hip action, but Adam proved me wrong.

Mario - That was a peppy performance with a lot of energy and grace. He should be there in the final 3.

Either Penn, Adam or Steve go home, it's a 3-headed coin-flip. If I had to pick one, it's Adam that's going home.

--------

The gals:

Monica - She was a half-beat off for most of the dance, and it looked pretty awkward through most of routine.

Priscilla - She performed a "polite" mambo, and I didn't find a lot of "snap" in her moves, but given her age, she's game for anything.

Shannon - She was very light on her feet and had good speed. Her musicality was really good and the tempo was tight.

Marissa - She was off the beat, plus her height works against her when she's off the beat, so it looks a little off, but she still has great energy and the fun factor working for her.

Marlee - She continues to impress me, it's just amazing to watch considering the circumstances.

Kristy - The only way she doesn't win is if she breaks her leg. Awesome.

Monica is the easy choice to send her home and out of her misery, but Marissa might not have the fanbase to keep her in, but I suspect it'll be Monica.
Old 03-24-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Penn and Seles will definitely leave this week.

Shannon improved and the judges saw it, I think and hope she survives this week.
Old 03-24-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My picks to go:

Monica Seles although i thought she came back a bit stronger this week but she just cant dance.

For the men its tough cuz i would say Corolla but that means bye bye Julianne and Penn is at least entertaining so im voting off "Goot" for his mouth wide open dance tonight.
Old 03-24-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sucks to go first when you have 12 dances. I hardly remembered Guttenberg danced.

Some really good dancers this season. I really enjoy Shannon and I think she is very likeable. Corolla and Penn just seemed obnoxious tonight. Marlee is really very good on the dance floor. She really impresses. Kristi is magic to watch.

Priscilla didnt seem as hard to look at tonight for some reason. She's actually a competent dancer.

I pick Seles and Corolla to get das boot.

For Priscilla's face problems..
http://www.tmz.com/
Old 03-24-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So is Mario or Jason going to finish second to Kristi?

I think Seles and Carrolla will be going this week.
Old 03-25-08, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel bad for Monica. She had no childhood, was ridiculed on SNL, and was literally stabbed in the back. I was hoping she'd do better this week, but as my fellow simian put it, she just can't dance.

das
Old 03-25-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Penn and Corolla crack me up. Unfortunately, one of them is probably going home which also means we lose either Kym or Julianne.

However, I'm quite happy that we are likely to see Karina for a whole season.
Old 03-25-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really think Penn and Monica will get the ax. However, I like watching both just because they are trying so hard and I would like to see more. They could only improve.

I don't think Corolla is leaving just yet on account of Julianne's popularity. She's the 2-time reigning champ and America's dance sweetheart. She also was the hottest gal out there last night with the long hair and skimpy dress.

The Gutt and Marissa are too likeable. I don't want them to get kicked off and I doubt they will in this round.

Dances worth taking a second look included Priscilla, the football player, Shannon, and Kristi. They all came out strong. If not for the distorted face, you'd never know Priscilla was over 60. Kristi has the precision like everyone expected. She still seemed a little stiff to me for the mambo.
Old 03-25-08, 04:55 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Taking everything into consideration, I'm going to guess Monica and Cristián are gone tonight. I don't know why I think Cristián... it's a gut feeling. Maybe it's because he has less personality than some of the worse males, plus less name recognition.
Old 03-25-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Monica Seles looks sure to go.... as for the guys I think Adam Corolla has the lowest cumulative judges score but I think Julianne's popularity will get him some votes, so its gonna be Penn who's kicked out.
Old 03-25-08, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Of The Best

Kristi Yamaguchi - She's just dancing in a whole other alternate universe. She can dance ballroom and Latin. She's tight enough to be precise and loose enough to make it all seem effortless. If she can keep this up and throw in a gimmick and/or some kind of razzle-dazzle, she will be getting 10s in no time.

Above Average

Mario & Jason Taylor - These two seem like the men that will survive into the Latin rounds. I'll give a slight nod to Mario because he's a bit looser. Jason seems a just a hair too stiff.

Priscilla Presley, Shannon Elizabeth & Marlee Matlin - All three of them seem like the strongest women in the bunch. All three have great skills. But, I really want to see them break through in the performance. None of them have really wowed me yet (although Shannon came close).

The Middle Pack

Cristian de la Fuentes, Marissa Jaret Winokur & Steve Guttenberg - Unlike the upper echelon, this group has no problem with the performance aspect, but really need to work on the technical steps. Cristian is almost there but not as crisp or effortless as the other guys. Anyone here could easily step up to the next level.

Can't Get Any Worse

Penn Jillette, Adam Corolla & Monica Seles - I see two of the three in this pack going home tonight. At least Penn has his strength in performance. Neither Adam nor Monica can fall back on that. And neither is close to adequateness in the steps. I'm hoping Adam and Monica go. But, America might have bought Monica's sob story, so who knows?
Old 03-25-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In her tennis days, Monica could have worn a paper bag over a head. She's kind of grown into her face now. At times, she looks like Celine Dion.
Old 03-25-08, 08:47 PM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts
In the "Stars of Dance" segment you can see Sabra Johnson (winner of SYTYCD Season 3) and Arthur and Shenea (Realis from the first season of "America's Got Talent").

That was a pretty cool routine.
Old 03-25-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No big surprise with tonights eliminations.

Happy to see Julianne for at least one more week
Old 03-25-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
In the "Stars of Dance" segment you can see Sabra Johnson (winner of SYTYCD Season 3) and Arthur and Shenea (Realis from the first season of "America's Got Talent").
I was coming here to check and see if they were who I thought they were.

I was underwhelmed with the performance, though. With the exception of "Realis" doing what they do, it was kind of uninspired and a little spastic.

das
Old 03-25-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by astrochimp
No big surprise with tonights eliminations.

Happy to see Julianne for at least one more week
While I don't watch this show, Adam pretty much nailed it. He said people would vote to keep them around because of his partner, and because he's probably the most "celebrity" right now. He's got a regular fanbase from his radio show, and has the Stern fans likely voting for him.
Old 03-26-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Who got eliminated? Apparently not Corrolla. Penn & Monica? I don't watch/record the results show.
Old 03-26-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yup, Penn and Monica got the 'ol dancing boot!

I thought it was a little unfair that they eliminated one man and one woman. I was hoping they'd just boot the two lowest scores no matter if they were two women or two men.

On the other hand, I kinda wish they'd do double eliminations for the first three weeks, to get rid of the pretenders.
Old 03-26-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No surprise but I'm sad to see Monica and Penn go. They should have put a microphone up to Teller to see what he had to say about it.

Nah, one double elimination is enough. ABC wants to stretch out this show as much as they can. I wouldn't have a problem if they had 18 dancers vs 12. At least, they would have less time for filler.

Based on how things are now, I think the Gutt is in danger next week. Christian and Corolla are close behind.