Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter Collection - 12/11/07

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-18-07, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harry Potter, The Most Successful Franchise of All Time, Now Available in a Magical Limited Edition DVD Giftset Available
in SD, HD DVD and Blu-Ray Dec 11

Set Includes Two-Disc Editions of All Five Films plus Two Bonus Discs with Games and More than Three Hours of Extra Content

High Definition Releases of First Four Films Also Available in Warner Home Video’s Big Holiday Theatrical Catalog Initiative

Burbank, Calif., September 17, 2007 – Muggles and wizards alike will rejoice when all their favorite wizards reappear in the brand new Harry Potter Limited Edition DVD Giftset, available in limited supply from Warner Home Video (WHV) on DVD December 11 in their choice of Standard Definition (SD), HD DVD and Blu-Ray formats. Packed with hours of marvelous mystery, the Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset is bound to be one of the catalog events of the year and an irresistible magical gift for this holiday season.

Presented in a magnificent collectible ‘suitcase’, the 12-disc Giftset will include two-disc editions of all five Harry Potter films – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire -- and, for the first time on DVD, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. With the success of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Warner Bros. Pictures’ Harry Potter films have now become, worldwide, the top-grossing motion picture franchise in history.

The Giftset will also offer several enchanting additions. The first is a separate disc containing ‘Hogwarts Challenge,’ a unique interactive DVD gaming experience with 14 adventure games based on Harry Potter films1-3, with clips from films 4-5. This fully immersive movie experience only requires a DVD player and remote to amuse up to 4 players at varying skill levels. The second bonus disc includes more than 3 hours of all-new to DVD extra content from all five films. Also included with the limited edition giftset are collectible premiums created especially for this promotion -- the Harry Potter Bookmark Collection, with five unique souvenir metal bookmarks, and 4 different packs of Harry Potter trading cards, from each of the first 4 films. The HD DVD and Blu-ray giftsets will sell for $149.99 SRP; $119.97 SRP for the Standard Definition set.

“Pottermania” continues as the Harry Potter films 1–4 are offered for the first time in HD DVD and Blu-ray ($29.99 SRP). The High Definition versions will include all the extra content of the Giftset’s two-disc versions and, for a limited time only, both versions will contain a set of four trading cards specific to the title purchased. The Harry Potter films 1-3 will be available individually in Standard Definition also with the trading cards, at a new low price (each $14.97 SRP). Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is only available at this price for 60 days, after which it will sell for $19.97 SRP.

Limited Edition Giftset Bonus Disc

Special Features for an Extra Special Experience

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

* 2001 International TV Special: A Glimpse Into the World of Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

* 2002 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets Revealed

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

* 2004 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban: Something Wicked This Way Comes
* 2004 ABC Special: The Making of Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
* Interview with Alfonso Cuaron (in Spanish, subtitled)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

* 2005 ITV/Granada Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Behind the Magic
* 2005 ITV/Granada Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Some Animal Magic
* 2005 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Dark Matters, New Masters

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

* 2007 International TV Special: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: The Rebellion Begins
* 2007 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: Fulfilling a Prophecy
Old 09-18-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And how many people will buy this and then complain when another collection comes out with the next movie?
Old 09-18-07, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
And how many people will buy this and then complain when another collection comes out with the next movie?

Don't forget the ultra magical limited exclusive edition for all seven films.
Old 09-18-07, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
Don't forget the ultra magical limited exclusive edition for all seven films.
I'm actually waiting for the 7-movie set to upgrade to hi-def
Old 09-18-07, 10:44 PM

i got the 4pack for under 25 in the summer, so i dunt really care. ill just be getting the new one when it comes out
Old 09-18-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you know how many total films there are going to be in a film series and you buy a "series collection" before the last films have been made, you have no one to blame but yourself when you have to rebuy things down the road. I just wait for the individual releases to show up used for $5 at the pawn shop for now.
Old 09-19-07, 03:16 AM

Considering there's bound to be an ULTRA set hitting in 2010 or 2011, this seems premature.
Old 09-19-07, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Neeb
Considering there's bound to be an ULTRA set hitting in 2010 or 2011, this seems premature.
Maybe, unless you die before that time, in which case it will have been the complete collection in your case. It's all about perspective, folks.
Old 09-19-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll wait until the last film comes out for the big box set.
Old 09-19-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cerial442
I'll wait until the last film comes out for the big box set.
Same here.
Old 09-19-07, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by steebo777
Same here.
I'm on that boat too.
Old 09-19-07, 08:36 AM

this collections looks awesome, but come on

hopefully most people will have enough common sense to remember there are still two movie left to come out

like most others ill be waiting, unless this set had extra room for the next two movies and they were garaunteed to be in the same style of packaging
Old 09-19-07, 09:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
frick! - no extended tv cuts of Stone, Chamber or Azkaban

hopefully WB made the deleted scenes for Stone more accessible than the last dvd.
Old 09-19-07, 10:53 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
frick! - no extended tv cuts of Stone, Chamber or Azkaban

hopefully WB made the deleted scenes for Stone more accessible than the last dvd.
Agreed on both counts. For me, it's an ultimately pointless set considering there are still two movies to go.
Old 09-19-07, 10:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
in regards to 'Goblet of Fire' HD-DVD edition, is there the 'In Movie Experience' that the import HD-DVD has?

I thought there was mention that commentary tracks would be included this go around as well.
Old 09-19-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
Agreed on both counts. For me, it's an ultimately pointless set considering there are still two movies to go.
I agree. Especially since most of us likely own the movies already on SD. I will not purchase any more HP films (unless a ridiculous bargain) until the 7-movie HD-DVD set comes out...
Old 09-19-07, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Extended cuts might have made me bite, but otherwise I'll wait for the seven movie box.
Old 09-19-07, 01:22 PM

I'll wait for the final collection.
Old 09-19-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Yeah, since I own the firsat four movies already, I'll pass on this one. I'll continue to buy the movies as they are released on DVD, but then I'll upgrade to the inevitible HD box set when all the movies are finished.
Old 09-19-07, 01:51 PM

I haven't bought any yet, and wil wait fo rth elast one to come out before byting a box set. Pretty cool set though...
Old 09-19-07, 03:46 PM

same as everyone. i bought GOF for about $5 used and will just wait for a complete collection
Old 09-19-07, 05:34 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I'm looking forward to owning all 5 movies in high-def. People here are really going to wait until 2010 to purchase their movies? The Warner Bros store price ($83) makes this a no-brainer.
Old 11-11-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
I just wait for the individual releases to show up used for $5 at the pawn shop for now.
Amen to that. That's exactly what I did after I gave my original set away as a present.
Old 11-11-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. I hope they have a new transfer for GOF. The most horrible looking dvd IMO.

2. With only 2 more films to go, I think I'll wait and go HD down the road.
Old 11-12-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i assume all of those new special features on the new disc will be on the HD disc, instead of just adding the extras to a bonus disc?