Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Nightmare Before Christmas DVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by king slug
Damn, is the outter coffin box a flimsy throwaway box? In other words, if you take out the nightlight, is the coffin box pretty much useless?

Its not flimsy.. its super sturdy.. Mine has no dent and its so durable being in mint condition for the last couple of years

And beside.. I cannot understand how you incorporate a flimsy to useless?

Were you overwhelmed with how much the said set is going up?

Originally Posted by xage

Last edited by xage; 10-29-06 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-29-06, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by xage
Its not flimsy.. its super sturdy.. Mine has no dent and its so durable being in mint condition for the last couple of years

And beside.. I cannot understand how you incorporate a flimsy to useless?

Were you overwhelmed with how much the said set is going up?

Well, if you were to take the nightlight out and put it somewhere, what would be the point of having a flimsy box surrounding the dvd? But that really doesn't matter since you said it was sturdy.

The only way I would have been overwhelmed is if the outter box was flimsy.
Old 10-29-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that box is sweet! gotta get me one!

who wants to sell me one?
what trade do you need?
who can tell me where to go to get one?
who will point in the right direction?
who?
where?
what?
why?
when?
Old 10-29-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
sorry to hijack this thread, but i guess im on a new mission...

can anyone figure a fair price to offer for new hot topic exclusive set?

but to contribute at least something, last time (about 3 weeks ago) i was at the hollywood, ca tower video (yes going out of business), they had stacks of the regular special edition for about $20 before discount.

anyone interested in this? i might be able to pick up a few in the near future.
on my out to the hollywood tower video, but decided to call ahead. no more night before christmas dvds in stock.

sorry folks
Old 10-30-06, 07:42 AM

I picked up a copy of the SE at FYE last week in the regular keepcase on sale for $14.99. They had a bunch of them in a halloween display. I was a bit surprised since I believe this is now OOP and hard to find.
Old 10-30-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw the new 3D version yesterday, pretty cool to see. It would be nice to see it on DVD or HD someday, i kept the glasses just in case it comes out to 3D dvd or at least a 2 disc set, one is 3d and one is regular, that would be nice.
Old 10-30-06, 11:58 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Saw the new 3D version yesterday, pretty cool to see. It would be nice to see it on DVD or HD someday, i kept the glasses just in case it comes out to 3D dvd or at least a 2 disc set, one is 3d and one is regular, that would be nice.
are there special commerative glasses for 'Nightmare Before Christmas 3D' - the theatre I went to gave out the 'Monster House' glasses.
Old 10-30-06, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
are there special commerative glasses for 'Nightmare Before Christmas 3D' - the theatre I went to gave out the 'Monster House' glasses.
They were in a special Nightmare Before Christmas 3D plastic bag, but there was nothing on the glasses themselves when I saw it in Georgetown.

As I said before, this is a special technology that does not work on television sets except with blue/red Anaglyph glasses. Only specially projected images like this digital presentation can be viewed with the linearly polarized glasses they gave out at the theater. Long story short - a home version of the 3D film would look quite different (i.e. ruined) being watched via anaglyph glasses since the images are heavily white, grays and blacks.
Old 10-30-06, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
They were in a special Nightmare Before Christmas 3D plastic bag, but there was nothing on the glasses themselves when I saw it in Georgetown.
for the record I saw the film over in Virginia at Regal Potomac Yard. (ample 'free' parking and an IHOP )
Old 11-01-06, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
for the record I saw the film over in Virginia at Regal Potomac Yard. (ample 'free' parking and an IHOP )
I took the bus from Cap Hill to G'town.
Old 11-01-06, 10:13 PM
Cool New Member

Any1 looking? im selling mine..mint conditon..$100+shpping.

let me know.
Old 11-02-06, 08:42 AM

Why do all your dvds look sealed? Do you buy 2 of everything or perhaps you're a collector only? lol
Old 11-02-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The glasses I got just said DISNEY DIGITAL 3D on the bag. They sure are some nerdy looking glasses...
Old 11-02-06, 12:20 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by KFelon
Why do all your dvds look sealed? Do you buy 2 of everything or perhaps you're a collector only? lol

Most of them are sealed..and some are opened..heres the link of everything.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....06#post7008206

scroll down to midddle part.

TIA
Old 11-02-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone get the new 2 disc CD that just came out? Love the cover songs by Manson, Panic!, Fall out Boy and She wants revenge.
Old 11-02-06, 02:22 PM

Anyone get the new 2 disc CD that just came out? Love the cover songs by Manson, Panic!, Fall out Boy and She wants revenge.
I'd buy it for the 3D cover, but the band covers, meh... no. The Best Buy edition of the album has two extra songs which I believe are Elfman demo songs.
Old 11-02-06, 02:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, the Best Buy edition has all the tracks from the regular one, plus additional Elfman demos of "Town Meeting Song" and "What's This?".

The covers are pretty much sh*t for the most-part.

The Fiona Apple one's okay, but unnecessary, and Marilyn Manson's doing the same thing he does with pretty much all of his covers... just doing it just like the original song, but having a "creepy" filter put on his voice.

He's such an assclown.

The other covers are pretty much insulting to Danny Elfman, especially the "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" cover...
Old 11-02-06, 04:19 PM
Banned

I got the new soundtrack, but only because I never got aorund to buying the first edition. I would not have upgraded to get the covers and demos.

The cover is very cool if you care about that kind of thing, which I do.
Old 11-02-06, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had no idea how hard this DVD is to find. Once upon a time, I could find the DVD anywhere. I'm talking about just a few weeks or so ago, and now I can't find it anywhere. I know it's OOP, but still, I thought for sure that I'd be able to find a few copies of it here and there. It's not even in stock at any of the Blockbuster Video stores in my area, they're all checked out, and that said I doubt whoever rented it will ever bring it back.

I wonder if we'll see it pop up in a few stores here and there with Christmas DVDs. Maybe some sort of stock they had saved for a special section or something? Something like when the OOP Fletch DVD showed up at WalMart stores.
Old 11-02-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Aldrinpsx

Any1 looking? im selling mine..mint conditon..$100+shpping.

let me know.
im looking, and your price aint bad methinks, but im gonna wait it out and see if market prices go down after the holidays
Old 11-02-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
Well I just found two of them at an EB Games and also picked up Disney's Beauty and the Beast to get all 3 for $30. Also found Beauty and the Beast Criterion for $3 there, so used stores might be a good place to look for this title.
Old 11-02-06, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought six at an FYE in my area. They were $19.99 (too bad they weren't $14.99 like the other poster saw). Found another at another FYE but left it there. Was priced at $26.99. All of mine have sold or will sell on ebay for $50.00.
Old 11-03-06, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I bought six at an FYE in my area. They were $19.99 (too bad they weren't $14.99 like the other poster saw). Found another at another FYE but left it there. Was priced at $26.99. All of mine have sold or will sell on ebay for $50.00.

Not willing to help out anyone on the fourms looking for it..?
Old 11-04-06, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hindolio
im looking, and your price aint bad methinks, but im gonna wait it out and see if market prices go down after the holidays

I sent him an e-mail about it two days ago, haven't heard anything back.
Old 11-04-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are the versions of this flick in other regions the exact same as the R1 one? If so, I'll just try to find one of those for pretty cheap.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.