Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 05:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Thief - "No Direction Home" - 4/18

"No Direction Home"
Spoiler:
Nick realizes that he must hide Tammi after he has a confrontation with Vincent. Meanwhile, Gabo and Jacke end up clashing and the crew's heist plans run into some major trouble.
Old 04-18-06, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished the first three episodes last night. I'm surprised more people are not talking about this show. After a rough first episode, the second two were quite good, I thought. It hasn't completely grabbed me by the nuts yet, but I think it could and soon.

The first time I saw the daughter, though, I was like..."really...her?"

Seriously, though, I think that relationhip has serious potential for some excellent character development.
Old 04-18-06, 11:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Slow episode then the shit hit the fan at the end. From the time the Chinese show up at Nick's dealership things really picked up.

A great scene with Tammi and him at the end
Old 04-19-06, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
The show has grown on me (I especially liked last week). I don't love the show, but I like seeing it each week. I'd still be totally fine with the entire crew getting killed & Andre having to get a new team for the next job.
Old 04-19-06, 05:48 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am loving the intensity of this show.
Old 04-19-06, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Did anything happen after Nick left the room with Tammi after she dropped the N bomb? My recording stopped cause I had to switch over to the Sopranos.
Old 04-19-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
I like this show, but it's not drawing me in.

Did anyone catch the Tila commercial during Thief? For her new show on Fuse TV?
Old 04-20-06, 12:02 AM

Can somebody clue me in as to what the Michael Rooker storyline has to do with anything else going on on the show? I think I didn't pay attention enough in the beginning episodes and am now lost as to who he is and what he's up to and why.
Old 04-20-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Only 7 posts for the show? I don't know if that's any indication of how it's doing, but...

I loved the scene at the car dealership--super intense and ver well acted.

I think Egg is doing a fine job, though it's troubling to see her of all people making fun of the guy going to church
Old 04-20-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
Can somebody clue me in as to what the Michael Rooker storyline has to do with anything else going on on the show? I think I didn't pay attention enough in the beginning episodes and am now lost as to who he is and what he's up to and why.

Same here.
Old 04-20-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe that he is a "crooked cop", due to some special work for a local politician who fronts for some big organized crime group. He was asked by this politician to get the name of the person who stole the money from the chinese mob. He gave the name (Roz) to the politician who then informed the chinese mob. Doing this is how he got the money in the envelope he gave his wife. Now that Roz has turned up dead, he has connected the dots between his info and the possible theft ring. He is now tracking them in hopes of getting Internal Affairs off of his back and retire with his pension intact.

I believe that is correct. Hope the explanation was not to convoluted.
Old 04-20-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdoug57
I believe that he is a "crooked cop", due to some special work for a local politician who fronts for some big organized crime group. He was asked by this politician to get the name of the person who stole the money from the chinese mob. He gave the name (Roz) to the politician who then informed the chinese mob. Doing this is how he got the money in the envelope he gave his wife. Now that Roz has turned up dead, he has connected the dots between his info and the possible theft ring. He is now tracking them in hopes of getting Internal Affairs off of his back and retire with his pension intact.

I believe that is correct. Hope the explanation was not to convoluted.
I think the way I read it/understand what will happen is he'll actually confront them and want "in" on their little job or turn them in ..I think...
Old 04-23-06, 02:17 AM
Cool New Member

This show was is very very good. Too bad it would seem most would like to be told to watch something. I trust my instincts and given the topnotch actors on this show and the premise...it was as close to a surefire home run as I expected it would be. No Direction Home had a scene near the end that rivaled Whitecaps from the Sopranos. The drama here is that good I think. All I have to say is that this show better get renewed for a full season.
Old 04-23-06, 02:34 AM

show is good, but nothing great.. looks like we only get 2 more episodes this season which sucks.. only 6 episode season
Old 04-23-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I finally got the chance to watch the last two eps and am happy to see that things are starting to pick up. In a way, I hate that there is only going to be six episodes, but then again, shows in the U.S. have a tendency to linger past their use-by date and get pretty stale. At least this way, you can be reassured that what you are probably getting is a tight, well-paced season of television.
Old 04-27-06, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot
I think the way I read it/understand what will happen is he'll actually confront them and want "in" on their little job or turn them in ..I think...
I'm w/ you on this one. He knows he is most likely fucked w/ IAB on his trail - he needs a big score that he can fall back on and keep his wife. A share of Nick's score could do just that.

Or he could just be trying to save his pension.

And the closing scene was great (after an already good scene at the dealership).
Old 04-28-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
When Egg dropped the N bomb, I thought to myself "you did not want to do that". That scene was excellent. Loved the way Nick was obviously intensely pissed but still managed to stay pretty much under control.

Of course, the dealership scene was great too. Something tells me everyone won't just walk away from the encounter next time they all get together. :-)
Old 04-30-06, 03:21 AM

the score seemed to easy.. interesting ending this latest episode w/ the chinese kid